H/D swap prob's.......solution?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
Hey peeps,

I've been noticing a lot of problems peeps have been having with their hard-drive reading/writing data when there's no reason for it.

I've had this problem too, and I found the only cause to be Internet Explorer 5.5! If you have IE 5.5 installed, please revert back to IE 5.01 or earlier version. I've actually installed IE 5.5 twice in order to make sure it wasn't just me and my install techniques:)

I'm not much of a techie, but I've passed this on to a few people and it has solved their problems. So if you are thinking the patches are causing your UT headaches (it very well may be the patch) but it could also be IE.......

At least this has been my experience with my system. I'll post some of my sys specs below. This may not be too appropriate for those using TNT cards, but it may also fix the h/d swap problems for some of you.

V3-3K AGP
Asus k7v
Athlon 650
SBLive!Value