Mixing voices/models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
LOL @ MOE.

The main reason I'm keeping the Xan voice is because I've got about 20 keybinds to it and I'm not about to get them all messed up by changing voices. I would change voices if the other/misc. "taunts" were in the same order for each voice (i.e. Base is uncovered isn't at the same spot for everyone).

On another note, I don't play for fun much nowadays. Clan, PuF, or requested matches only.

BuLLsOnParade

Jan 1, 2000
Oklahoma
Is there any way to mix "male1" & "male2" taunts? I like several of the taunts in "male2", but don't want to give up my "male1" voices.

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
dope, open up user.ini and look under DefaultPlayer when you have the Xan voice selected in UT; I'm guessing there's a line that says Voice=Botpack.VoiceBoss ? or something like that.. simply open up UT, change your model and whatever.. then close UT, and change the Voice= line back to what it was when the Xan voice was enabled (if that made any sense whatsoever)

and (I'm guessing) there's no way mix the actual voice data between each voicepack without editing it in ued (which would mess it up for playing online anyway I would think)

Smegathis

you CAN do it

I can do it!!!!!!

Simple... I export the selected ones to .wav (using UnrealEd DUH). I then start a new voice pack and import the voics from the wav format. Place them in the pack, name them, set the text, build it, create the int, and, Am I losing you? Creating the int and u files is simply done by making a .txt, telling it to look for this file, and then saving it and then renaming it form a .txt to a .int or a .u. Very simple. I have mixed skins by using this method. Ever seed a guy with tits? or a woman with a mans head? or Xan unmasked? Well, 420 and 425 put an end to that. You can no longer mix and match skins, but they havent discovered that psychos like me and you Dope, are beginning to mix voices! Now we could add like 1 female voice to a all male voice pack and say that the bot is going through puberty when the female voice pops up. HEHE. Well, Let me know if you want me to help you out or maybe play around with some stuff and try to get one to work. Then again the nerds at epic have probably alwready thought of the mixed voicepacks (and I say that with the utmost respect) :) AND whew, that was a mouthfull... especiall since I wrote it while eating a bunch of deer jerky and watching the Red Hot Chili Peppers Video Californication. So, Does that answer your question or do you think I just spewed a whole bunch of Bull **** at you that took me an hour to write? If you think I am lying, GO SCREW YOURSELF. And you probably still have pictures of Sarah Michell Gellar pasted to the ceiling above your bed, and eat food products made by Gerber :) Well, gota go shoot the hell out of some bots on a LAN game with me buddy Lockhard! (very cool guy) You a cool guy too Dope!

By the way... how do you put those little pictures in you messages? Thats been buging me for a hell of a long time!

:) :) :) :(

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Can't you just select the voice and model as usual under player setup.

I have the Skaarj Hybrid voice and War Machine model, and that works okay :)

On-line, the Skaarj voice only appears on supported servers (d'uh)

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

The Original Brother Ooze!
Apr 7, 2000
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Visit site
Huh?

Dope,

what do you mean you don't play for fun anymore? Do you mean you don't play on public servers? (Sigh) this would be disappointing as it may be the begining of the end! Once the elite players stop playing publics... well the rest of us have no chance to catch up!

Say it isn't so Dope!

MOE