Origin of the nicknames

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
I was wondering were you guys/girls out there got your nicknames from. Are they random ones, related to a movie, or is a story hidden behind them. Would be interesting to know that.
Here's how I got mine: My last name is "Radrizzi" (have italian origins). Friends first used to call me Rizzi, cos it's shorter, but it soon got Riz (even shorter ;) )
When they called me, it always sounded like "Hey Riz, Man come here, gotta see this". Well, there you have it:
Riz, Man
Riz Man
RizMan

What's your story. Let us know (if you want)

Aug 7, 2000
Nicknames just have to sound good,they don't need meaning.
People having trouble finding a nick should pick a movie/game/famous character......

My name (Revenant) means,someone who came back from the dead.......(with my respawn rate a fitting name)

I'm actually quite interested how other players got their nicks and what they mean........like.....why would someone call himself "Rooster"

-Revenant

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Deja-vu strikes....

...but to cut a long story short, I'm named after a fictional Yorkshire Terrier (or some kind of small dog anyway) :)

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
burb.gif

Xayd

:\
Jul 26, 2000
BF, Arkansas?
Visit site
Mine came from a MUD that I still play. Originally years back my character's name there was Demmorahl, but they didn't like me being named after drugs. Role play and all, ya know. So they made me change, and in my laziness I didn't want to spend much effort on a new name, so I just thought "ok, somethin that starts with X, and can't be more than four letters long". Kinda narrows things down, but I think the result came out pretty cool, eh?

Xayd

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
when I was hired for the company for which I work, they played Quake 1 (with DEVESTATING GRAPPLE) on the LAN. Since I was hired as the web developer they tried to set me up as "Spidey," I changed it. I chose to stick with it, because I didn't think AANYONE in the gaming community would know to what the following names were in reference:

Godunov
Sparafucile
Colline
Wotan

They all have SOMETHING in common, and forgive me if I've underestimated any of you.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
LOL @ Dope

I owned a friend at Duke 3D once, he said I was moving like a shadow.
Then on some gaming service or another I couldn't get shadow 'cos it was taken so I used 0shadow0 with a zero.
Enter UT and PuF the damn forum reg software wouldn't let me use a zero so I used an O and hence I'm OshadowO|PuF.
Whew.

ThePlague{FU}

Jul 20, 2000
www.angelfire.com
Hmmmmm let me quote a few definitions from a dictionary I have here:

Plague: 1) a very dangerous disease that spreads rapidly often causing many deaths 2) a thing or person that torments,vexes,annoys,troubles,offends, or is disagreeable

AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE : A punishment thought to be sent by God MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

ummm yeah thats why I picked it hehe