bots ignore button that releases shield belt

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
ive set up a button mover (instead of a basic trigger actor) as a trigger to lower a pedestal in an adjacent room upon which ive placed a shield belt. but the bots ignore it.

how do i get them to use the button to get the sheild belt? ive tried giving the sheild belt the same tag as the pedestal in case there was a pathnode/AI 'thing' (look at me getting technical) that required some form of association between an inventory item and its trigger, but no luck.

ive also tried placing a pathnode right at the button mover so the bots will trigger it when they brush past, as was suggested in a previous thread. problem is, thats random, when it works. i want them to 'decide' to go get the shield belt in the same way they'd 'decide' to turn around and get a health pack if they were injured in a firefight.

any suggestions?

- P