Daikatana: has John Romero lost his touch?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pesmerga

Aug 6, 2000
Gates of hell
Visit site
Daikatana:has John Romero lost his touch?

I recently played Daikatana and it was s**t :mad:! Four years delay for a game based on fast food burgers made out of corpes'. Was this some kind of joke? The idea of allies was interesting, but they are so absent minded in this game I wonder if it would be easier to complete the game without them! Only god knows how these games got onto the store shelves.

If you really want to buy this game download the demo first or check out System Shock 2 (a little old, but still a great game).

Just thought I'd warn you guys!

Hammer

Dec 6, 1999
Greensboro, NC, USA
Visit site
A little OT but, since you asked I would have to say I'm not convinced he had a touch to lose. He doesn't have any hits apart from Carmack and Co. I think he was a member of an excellent team but began to believe his on hype and now we all see just what Romero can do on his own. Not much. It takes more than a few loosely organized ideas and tons of money to make quality software. I'm sure this failure will be used over and over to illustrate the importance of solid project management. I doubt Romero will be given enough rope to hang himself again, at least when someone else's money is involved.