Map Ideas, Post em here

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
There are quite a few Maps from old games that I would like to see remade in an updated format. (Idealy UT)Unfortunatly I lack the UEd skills to implement them myself.
Warnning! These formats do NOT direct-convert. They will have to be done by hand.

1) Duke Nukem E-War: This was part of a Custom map-pack realeased by TEN way back when. Three Towers and a waterfilled courtyard. Numerous tricks and traps. I always thought It would look good in Unreal

2) Jedi Knight maps: There were some really nice ones!!! Bespin Mining Station, Canyon Oasis, Blades of Death, Not to mention the ones in MOTS. How boout that for a map-pack!!! Someone please do it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
I am beggin you

3) An Old-Skool map-pack!!! Implement the ideas above along with some other old favorites! and let it loose in one giant download!!!!

Any one intrested or need more info? Please post your intrest.
Also if you have any ideas that are over your head...List them here!!! I'm sure some mapers are just dying for ideas.

eh

Jul 18, 2000
Visit site
map idea

one fun thing to make a map of is your house it's kind of scary running around a 3d version of your house with a gun killing people. the you get to the room with your computer in the game then you look behind it's weird, but it's really only for you it just wouldn't be as neAT TO PEOPLE WHO NEVER SEEN YOUR HOUSE but try it somone, I did it was funny.

eh

Jul 18, 2000
Visit site
it's funny isn't it but mine got erased when I downloaded the 420 patch, it sux. I'd like to see your map could you post it on this forum.

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
I once started making my school within the UnrealEngine, but it just got too big for my editing skillz. I was so excited about this project, that I made photos of our school's walls for the textures so it'd be more realistic.
Unfortunately, there where far to much details I wanted to add, poly count got intolerable, so I had to stop the project cause when I reduced the details, it wasn't the same building anymore, just not what I wanted.

Btw, here's a link to an old thread with lots of ideas, if anyone is looking for some cool map to make:
http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=2059

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
PVI Duke

Ahh I remember highschool. we had 4 people working on the same thing. A remake of our school. Kinda like Duke Nukem 4 Ever, our project was constantly delayed and we changed engins half way through. We started with the Doom engine (meaning we would have to change the layout to accomidate the 2 floors. Then we converted to Build (duke, shadow warior,blood,) However our graphic artist who was responsible for photographing the school and converting them into textures, always wanted to play Magic instead of work on the project, and the project was eventualy canceled, and I developed my hatred of Magic that would last me a Life time :( :sniper:

Cybis

Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
Rather than making maps of familiar places, why not create maps with weired and interesting things? Perhaps you could make a space station with rooms that could be blown up and shot into space, (these rooms could be made with many tiny movers that spread apart to make it look like the rooms is being blown up.) and special security monitors that show you what is happening in other parts of the map. (these monitors could be made with those teleporters that you can see through). You could also have space shuttles taking you to different parts of this space station. It would also be cool if you could teleport from the space station to a colony on the moon.

I have never seen maps with these sorts of things, but I dont think their impossible to make. I would love playing on a map like this!

Eventhough I am not an expert in UED 2, I am familiar with it. I beleive that these ideas could be done.

eh

Jul 18, 2000
Visit site
make a horror map with a resident evil feel is there any maps of this sort? that would be cool with like squeeky doors, moning corpses, blood stains in a dark old house and have an outside with thunder rain, firey stuff, busting floor boards, scary statues and paintings. and if someone is good enough they could make resident evil weapons(a mod). but the space idea is good but it seems hard even for the pros whatever try this if you'd like.

Salmoneus

Dec 5, 1999
Sweden
w1.243.telia.com
I'm with D66, go for those GREAT Jedi Knight/MOTS DM maps! They rock bigtime! Just imagine that hidden Luke Skywalker in Cloud City map in MOTS... OOH!

I will see what I can do!

/Salmoneus

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Finaly someone who hears me

Mmmmmmmmmm Hidden Cloud city map.... Yummmmmm

I just cracked open Ued2.0 and a Ued Tutorial last night, I made a box, then I crashed. Ohhh I'm so proud. I'll get those maps one way or another.
One box down, 1,384 to go!!! At this rate I will release my first map in 2004!
Dont forget that Jedi Knight had some badass CTF maps!! NarShadat CTF was Huge, confusing, and Devious, Real fun. My friends and I would play it, ignoring the flags as a deathmatch cause it was that danm cool

Salmoneus

Dec 5, 1999
Sweden
w1.243.telia.com
Was that the one with underwater areas ending up close to each flag base? It was high up in a big city with an open area on top? That one was cool!

Also, if some mod maker could do those force powers....
I'd like snatching a redeemer with "force: pull"

/Obi-Wan Salmoneus

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Yep

That was the map!!! Had to use Force-Jump to get up to the Flag from the water and they could hear you comming. I NEED THESE MAPS!!!!

Salmoneus

Dec 5, 1999
Sweden
w1.243.telia.com
I think I will install Jedi Knight tonight. I will probably run like a dream on my Athlon 700 + Geforce DDR :)

I hope there are still some servers out there running those great maps. Otherwise I will put up a server myself (and post the IP here! ;) )

It's a big map we're talking about, but something that LOOKS like it a little would be cool. I'll try! Any Ideas where to get Star Wars textures??? Give Lucasarts a call???

/Obi-Wan

FatAsss

Jan 26, 2000
Visit site
am i the only one with half a brain, dark forces 2 sucked big-time.
darkforces 1 was superior in every way.
anygame where the bad guys squeel and cry like girls is really bad.
dark forces 1, however will live on forever.

Salmoneus

Dec 5, 1999
Sweden
w1.243.telia.com
Begone!! Foul demon of The Netherworlds!!!
FatAss what did you have for breakfast???
Tell me you are kidding!

Jedi Knight (aka DF2) is one of the best games I have ever played!!!! Mysteries of the Sith would have beaten it if it wasn't for those ugly rendered cutscenes.

JK/MOTS rocks still. End of story.

(No, it's not a matter of opinion! ;) )

/Salmoneus, Jedi with light-impacthammer

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Textures

Some of the ship textures in Unreal would be good stop-gaps, as for the other details, you can probably create the textures from Starwars.com or even Jedi knight Screenshots

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
OMG

Ok, due to the long wait, I reloaded JK and MOTS last night and did some Deathmatch with my friends. Danm it was like returning home. I did have seome Framedrop in ME but once I booted to Win2k I had no problem at all. This game still rocks today!!! We were only gonna play a couple maps and then do some UT.... We played JK all night!!!!