PDA

View Full Version : Different Weapons' Sensitivity Bind

LightBringer
31st Jul 2000, 12:43 AM
Does anyone knows how to bind a diff sensitivity for each of the different weapons?

ascetic
31st Jul 2000, 12:51 AM
hmmm...i dont quite understand what you are saying...

but if you mean mouse sensitivity, i dont believe you can do that

optic_freeze
31st Jul 2000, 12:53 AM
in normal UT or are you talking about a mod?

phil
http://www.opticfreeze.com

LightBringer
31st Jul 2000, 01:04 AM
Sorry.. I am talking about in a normal UT game.

Eg.
When I switch to my sniper.. my X-axis sensitivity of my mouse will 3.0.

When I switch to my rockets.. my X-axis sensitivity of my mouse will 8.0.

When I switch to my mini.. my X-axis sensitivity of my mouse will 6.0.

Etc..

cuz I know in Quake 3.. u can do that..wonder if there is anyway to do that in UT.

:)

Tetris L
31st Jul 2000, 03:37 AM
You can not set the sensitivity per axis; only x/y combined.

The command would be
getweapon <weapon> | set Engine.PlayerPawn MouseSensitivity <value>

For example
getweapon UT_Eightball | set Engine.PlayerPawn MouseSensitivity 8

I hope it works; havn't tested. ;) Pls test and post results.

Go to the site in my signature for a guide on keybinding.

LightBringer
31st Jul 2000, 03:39 AM
Thanks a lot Pal!!! It Works!!!

This is a neat bind!!! Thanks again!

But there is only 1 slight flaw, that is if u were
to keep pressing that weapon bind of urs, the screen would keep jerking everytime u press the key, probably due to the changes made to the game engine.. I guess?

Prophetus
31st Jul 2000, 05:26 AM
So, is greater the number more sensitive or lower the number? I keep forgetting that one. And if that bind works...then can someone increase the sensitivity of the translocator to fire it faster? What is the benefits of this bind...I'm at work and haven't tried them out...

Tetris L
31st Jul 2000, 05:56 AM
LightBringer,
I've had that problem with the screen hanging for a split second with some 'set' commands. I'm afraight there is nothing you can do about it.

Prophetus,
the TL delay, that you're talking about, has probably to do with online lag, right?! Offline, it fires instantly. But offline it is delayed by the ping time. This is one of the most severe disadvantages for HPBs ... they can't t/l really fast.

Prophetus
31st Jul 2000, 06:43 AM
No, I know that...I'm talking about the possibilities of making the fire and alt fire buttons respond faster for a quicker transition. But, never mind...I was only using that as an example. But, will a higher number increase the sensitivity...it should...but I just wanted some guidance on that:)

kamikaze9
31st Jul 2000, 08:19 AM
The sensitivity just has to do with how fast your crosshairs move compared to how much you're moving your mouse...

That's a really cool command though, I'd like to have the sensitivity lower when I'm sniping then when I'm rocket whor[/i]ing! :)

Prophetus
31st Jul 2000, 09:10 AM
Ahh, ok...I thought he was talking about button click sensitivity...doh...I should of read it correctly...damn work has made me senile:).

optic_freeze
31st Jul 2000, 11:11 AM
so exactly what does the whole binding thing do? just allow you to fire the weapon faster? can this be preset or do you have to hit ~ and type it in all the time?

phil
http://www.opticfreeze.com

LightBringer
31st Jul 2000, 07:59 PM
Thanks cleaner anyway!!