PDA

View Full Version : how about PuF Euro v. PuF USA/Canada

{PSX}BLenDeR
26th Jul 2000, 06:39 PM
We could see hows the better half the USA/Canada side... or the Euro side?
anyone willing to help me do this?

Tetris L
26th Jul 2000, 06:45 PM
Errr ... on what server???

Some USA eastcoast servers give me pings below 400 as a european, but not many and not stable. That's hardly playable. =/

Sorry, I'm afraight this won't happen.

SkummyB|BuF
26th Jul 2000, 06:46 PM
.... Lag, and People b!tching about lag.

Ruffrider
26th Jul 2000, 07:22 PM
another thing, USA/Canada would dominate Euro.

{PSX}BLenDeR
26th Jul 2000, 07:35 PM
I know ruff, why do you think i came up with this idea
MUHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!

The_Inflictor
26th Jul 2000, 07:46 PM
:o

LordKhaine
26th Jul 2000, 07:57 PM
This is doomed to failure, euro has less players, and a far worse ping. We would end up fighting on a US server, were the euros would lag out. And if we ever did get on a euro server, US would bitch about pings. It aint gonna happen

Kukuman
27th Jul 2000, 01:32 AM
How about USA vs. Canada?

GO CANADA! Yeah, I'm not Canadian, but I just love Canada!

PsychoMoggieBagpuss
27th Jul 2000, 04:33 AM
.....and that's BloW_Smoke.

He pings sub 50 anywhere.

Git :)

SkummyB|BuF
27th Jul 2000, 04:41 AM
I'm with LK on this one, it's not gonna happen.

Prophetus
27th Jul 2000, 04:54 AM
I ping good on most US servers. I like the idea. Count me in...even if I have to play against four US/Canda players alone...just gimme some bots:).

Azmo
27th Jul 2000, 05:27 AM
another thing, USA/Canada would dominate Euro.

Then why play on US servers? Let's give the ping advantage to the (inferior?:mad:;)) European players. I'm sure we'll be able to find some "nice" servers in Poland or Hungary, so the Euro guys ping 200+ and the US guys ping 800+. That should even things out. :D

I think the time difference is going to be quite a problem. I'm sure as hell not going to play a 5 game match again, if it starts at 3 am CET (= GMT+1).

Tetris L
27th Jul 2000, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Prophetus][PuF][
Count me in...even if I have to play against four US/Canda players alone...just gimme some bots:).

Okay, add one bot, make him godlike and call him Cleaner[$FCE2]. Should be a good deputy for me. :D

wiggum_pi
27th Jul 2000, 07:41 AM
Who here is still around from the PuF vs OzUT days? That was a big mess :). /me reminisces...

Prophetus
27th Jul 2000, 07:49 AM
I was and played in that match. It was a good match. The pings were horrible, but that's not what made the game infamous. It was all the whining and bickering afterwards. We were all new to the PuF thing, as it just started. However, PuF has a great foundation now of good people. We won't have that sort of problem. Now, pings may be an issue, but we are talking about US pings, not Aussie pings:).

Some of us Euros ping very on US servers. However, since the majority of US/Canadian players have DSL/Cable, it would only be fair for them to play on a UK server. Sounds reasonable to me:).

Swedix
27th Jul 2000, 07:54 AM
I'm in if You want me.
I play for fun and are not scare to loose.
I think it's a fun idea.

{PSX}BLenDeR
27th Jul 2000, 09:47 AM
I think i can work wit that... how many canadaians are ther?
if you need more i can get sum

GunnerX
27th Jul 2000, 10:33 AM
I AM CANADIAN!! :D

So is Morety and Voyd. :D

Hmm any more Canadians??

Morety
27th Jul 2000, 01:27 PM
Blender, first of all as a Canadian, I was going to thank you for remembering your cousins north of the border. But, are you a Canadian too?

Hey, I got cable and would be happy to play on a euro server. I've done it before, and have around a 300-350 ping or so.
(Last night, I had 4 servers pinging under 25 :).)

This is now reminding me of the World Cup of UT thread...

Depending on when it's scheduled, I'd be in.

{PSX}BLenDeR
27th Jul 2000, 01:38 PM
Im from US of A...

Morety
27th Jul 2000, 03:51 PM
...then I'd like to say "thank you for remembering your cousins north of the border" :D

I figured that maybe you were because you said you could get some. You got a few in the basement do you?

Diving Mullah's from Vancouver, I believe.

shadowclaw
27th Jul 2000, 06:01 PM
Oh well, count me in for action!

I like the idea and I dont care about the ping.
I'm always into organized action, no matta what the outcome.

-it is wise to battle first and to talk later-

LordKhaine
27th Jul 2000, 08:12 PM
A US vs euro game would have to be in europe to balance the ping, but then we would never be able to get hold of a euro server=/