Custom Music

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Schitsofrantic

Jul 18, 2000
Visit site
I am looking for tutorials or information on creating custom background music for UT. I am going to be using Acid DJ 2.0. It can save music in either .acd, .wav. or .mp3. Which would be best to use, how big should it be, what should the quality settings be, and how to I convert it to .umx?? BTW, this music is for godz's level.

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Hi Schitsofrantic,

Unreal uses a tracker-style music format, where the music package contains a music score and samples of the instruments. If you want to make your own music, I'd recommend ModPlugTracker (www.modplug.com)

There is also a HUGE collection of old tracker-type music at cdrom.com going back to 1991. It's possible to import these songs into UnrealEd and make music that way. (I think the directory is /pub/demos/music or /pub/demos/games/songs) You'll have to wade through a lot of junk to find the good stuff, though. :)

--Nut

Schitsofrantic

Jul 18, 2000
Visit site
what is the format of the sample loops for ModPlug Tracker?? If it's .wav, I can just make the track in Acid, save it as a .wav, then plug it into MP Tracker, save it as a .it, then import it to UnrealEd, badabing badaboom... I got my .umx and everyone's happy.