Rocket Arena, anyone playin it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
I never play RA, but only because there's tons of bugs and no bot support (well there is, but the bots play like crap). Obviously, this doesn't matter online, but there still might be the bugs putting everyone off. Or maybe it's just the fickleness of the players; the Slave Master servers never have any players either, even though imo it's a much better mod (bot support notwithstanding).

Someone

Generic Personality
Jul 17, 2000
Utah
www.somewebpage.com
I've heard quite a bit on many various webpages about RA3 for Q3. You mean to tell me that nobody is playing it? How odd. Or are you talking about RA for UT (if it exists, I'm stupid like that)?

drumber

Nov 10, 1999
North Hollywood, Ca., USA
Hehe, I'm talking about for UT. The one for Q3 is cool and the servers are busy. I'm one who likes both games and wanted to play some UT rocket arena online too. Some other people mentioned all the bugs with it also, it'll probably get busier when things get ironed out.

ShinyObject

You're making me blush.
Jun 14, 2000
Ohio
I downloaded it and installed it a while ago, but when I tried to get in and actually play, I just got confused as poop. I still don't really know the concept around it. I wasn't very patient with it as I am always anxious to get in an actual game. Maybe that's why it's not doing as well in UT. Didn't it start in Q2? Those ppl were already familiar with it.

Cranium

Jul 18, 2000
I think the reason there aren't many people playing it anymore is cause it's been so long since the last release, and it's kind of buggy. And, it is kind of confusing for a RA newbie :)

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
I used to play it a lot. Mostly because lots of very good and nice peeps are playing it. Good fun and very relaxed atmosphere. And it's very good to hone your skills. I kinda stopped playing it because it's too buggy. I think it will have it's renaissance when the new version is out soon. :)

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by ~Cobra~
... but it's still hella fun..
Cobra you a NorCal Folk?:)
I loved RA, still do 'cept I have the same problem, nobody plays online anymore. I recently had to uninstall UT and do a fresh install due to some wierdass error. I didn't even dl RA just because no one plays:( I can't see how a Q3 version was released while the UT version languishes, unsupported...unless it's a totally different team.

Second|PuF

Funeral-Dancer
Apr 26, 2000
Astrovill, AL, USA
Visit site
Actually thats the only thing I have been playing recently. I never can find a good 1v1s, and the thought of a huge ffa just annoys me, and well I have always sucked at CTF. So RA is the ticket for me. And its true no one really plays anymore. But thats the reason no one plays it...if that made sense? Just get a friend to jump in the server whith you, and watch in no time people will come. Its like everyone is waiting for someone else to show up. At least that been my experience.

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
It's nice to see RA:UT still has some life in it. And seeing that Shinigami's map is going to be included in the next release is a nice touch.

We've waited this long. What's a couple more weeks?

Shinigami

SemiSolid Mapper
this was a BIG surprise for me too !

I arrived into my usual IRC channel, and a bloke told me congratualtions on making it to RA... I took a look, and BLIMEY, I was in !

I was very very freaking happy too :) Now all I need to do is fix up those arenas real quick to make sure they are 100% playable (even on lower end machines) and have great bot play :)

drumber

Nov 10, 1999
North Hollywood, Ca., USA
Maybe my timing was just better the last couple of days but I caught some folks on and it was very cool. It's true too that if you get on there and wait a little someone will usually show up.

And My_Oozing_Eye, yeah we could definately find a server sometime. I'm gonna be going out of town for the weekend but I'll look for you next week if I don't catch you on there the next couple of days. I'll post when I get back.:)