View Full Version : Need help on old question
24th Jul 2000, 11:25 AM
I know this is old news but a forum search doesn't seem to pull up anything. Can someone post me a link to a how-to on playing classic Unreal in UT.
24th Jul 2000, 06:40 PM
Sorry man, but I have no idea whatsoever where to find it, BUT I had a text file on my computer telling how to do it, so if you can make this out, I hope it helps:
To play Unreal on the Unreal Tournaments 3d-engine:
1) Copy all the Unreal single player maps across to the UnrealTournament\Maps folder (full list of files at end of thread).
2) Copy all the Unreal music files across to the UnrealTournament\Music folder.
3) Open up UnrealEd. Open all of the unreal single player maps one by one (except vortex2.unr, unreal.unr and endgame.unr)
and for each one look at Options > Level Properties > LevelInfo > DefaultGameType.
It'll be set to "None". Change it to "unrealshare.singleplayer". Save the changes.
4) Create a shortcut to UnrealTournament with the command line (assuming you installed UT to c:\unrealtournament\)
5) Create a shortcut to UnrealTournament with the command line (assuming you installed UT to c:\unrealtournament\)
Use the first shortcut when you want to play Unreal - this will play
the Nali Castle flyby and switch UT to run Unreal menus in the UT layout.
Use the second shortcut when you want to play UT - this will play the
City Intro flyby and switch UT back to running its own menus.
Once Unreal has started up in UT, bring up the UT console and type "preferences" to get the Unreal options.
In Advanced > Raw Key Bindings:
Set F2 to:
ActivateTranslator | FunctionKey 2
Set keys of your choice to:
You should now be able to use items and activate the translator.
If you get sound feedback whilst playing in echo areas, go to the advanced options and set UseReverb in Audio to false.
Sorry you have to hack the map properties. It's the only way you can get UT to start a game from Vortex Rikers
and play through without screwing up map switching. Just don't do this if you want to be able to play Unreal in Coop.
Full list of the Unreal maps involved in the single player game
(edit the properties of each of these except vortex2.unr, unreal.unr and endgame.unr):
endgame.unr <-- do not edit this
Unreal.unr <-- do not edit this
Vortex2.unr <-- do not edit this
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.