#planetunreal ??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Hi Guys,

I seem to have lost my ability to get to #planetunreal in the UT browser <grin>

Is it going fine right now? I guess I re-installed UT, and now it just isn't working. I go into chat and then type in #planetunreal for the default channel (irc.gameslink.net is the server). I then hit connect and at the bottom of the chat window is says "connecting to irc.gameslink.net", then "connected"... then nothing at all happens :(

Is there something wrong with these names etc?? I have been there several times before, so I am not sure what the deal is!

Thanks heaps.
Mrukk

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
If you can't get in on irc.gameslink.net, try either q3arena.gameslink.net or utgames.gameslink.net.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I had this problems some weeks ago. It sometimes took minutes to join the channel.
A friend of mine also have this problem.
If You wait, I sure You get into the channel.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Thanks Zaccix my friend, but it didn't work. I wonder if it was just a bad install or something? Perhaps I'll try re-installing the game. Or maybe things'll improve once I get rid of my horrid DSL connection and go back to Cable on Monday ;)

Cheers
Mrukk

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Ah - thanks heaps Swedix... I'll try that. I am almost postive that will work if I wait. It's all making sense now <grin> My DSL connection is ghastly, and takes ages to connect to things at times! That'll be it :)

Thanks again Swedix. Roll on monday and my cable connection back :)

Cheers Guys,
Mrukk

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Swedix is right also sometimes it doesn't auto connect and I have to type in /join #planetunreal. The UT browser's a bitch to use for IRC. A lot of the irc commands never work for me on it. I go into a game comeback to the channel and I am disconnected from the server but I never get a message saying I'm disconnected. It took me a while to figure out why no one would ever respond.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Ok, thanks swedix et al. As zaccix and hal know I managed to get on last night.. it was just a matter of waiting a couple of minutes for it to connect properly.

Cheers
Mrukk