Make the walls transparent...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Entropica{KS}

nepenthe's temporary body
Jul 19, 2000
Don't know if anyone has seen this yet...
Asus was apparently set to release a set of Geforce/Geforce2 drivers that would have enabled cheating on a grand scale. Here's a link for ya first of all...

http://www.rivastation.com/news/news_de.htm#964026220

Scroll down a couple days' worth and start reading up...
If these had come out, I don't know what effect we would have seen on online gaming, but I don't think it would be positive in any way.
Scroll down to the '7/19/2000 ASUS for Cheaters?' post, the one with the statement from the ASUS spokesman. Can you believe the audacity? "secret weopon", "developed for users to be a constant winner", and "never compete in 3D games with anyone who has an ASUS VGA card"... you got that LAST one right, buddy!
Luckily, ASUS evidently received MASSIVE negative feedback from all over, and has amended their plans... you can read about the new plan at the site as well...
Download the 24 MB movie, if you have broadband. You can see they show Star Trek, Quake3, MDK2, *UnrealTournament* (in openGL), and Descent3. The user hasn't quite got the knack of it yet, but you can see the possibilities are there for some massive... well, cheating.
What do you think about this technology? Are you of the opinion that it is the devil, as I am? Or do you think it's a legitimate way to gain an edge. I can't see a great player/self-respecting clan member wanting anything to do with this crap. No one in my clan or in the clans we see every day would touch it. Therefore, could it be something out there for the newbie or underachieving player to use to even the odds a little? What are your opinions?

Entropica{KS}

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
i've downloaded a demo movie and it looks like it's for real. not that i didn't believe you Entropica :), but i can't understand how Asus could think they would get away with it. heh, they're basically inviting people to cheat.