PDA

View Full Version : Mod Makers: How to make Team Last Man Standing

Hekcorps
11th Dec 1999, 02:05 AM
Yes indeedy, Regular Last Man Standing plays in the DM maps, so Team LMS should be no different. It is also played on DM maps.

Hekcorps
11th Dec 1999, 12:32 PM
Each member of the team has a set # of lives. The team's total lives are the same number as each member of their team, multiplied by the # of people on the team.
(Eg, Archon has 20 lives and is on the red team of 5, then the red team has a total of 100 lives)

If Archon dies, 1 life is deducted from Archon's score, and from the team's total score.

Eg (Archon = 19, Red team = 99)
If Archon loses all his lives and gets kicked out, the rest of the team can continue to play until they all get kicked out, of they win.

This would be a good place to have a mod, so that if a person stays in the same place for 15 seconds, they are automatically told to move. If they stay in the same place for 30 seconds, they explode. That would be a good way to rid LMS of Hiders.

All the other rules for Team LMS are the same as in Regular LMS.
Dead players go into spectator mode (In online play, this can be used to find Hiders and tell the others).

Note: I am NOT talking about Rocket =Arena. I want a mod that can be used offline with Bots as well as online.

Someone said: "Don't eliminate people, just do a team total. That way the lame players stay in the game and get victimized over and over."

Yeah, but if there are two really really good people on one team, and two total losers, then regardless of how well the Good people do, than the losers will drag them down, and the whole team will lose if the losers get killed 3X as much as the good members.
This way, everyone has to hold their own, and pull their own weight. The most skilled players on a team will outlast the losers on a team.

Besides, this is supposed to be a Tournament, the one who lasts the longest
wins.

Everyone should hold their own. It would also be interesting in Multi-team matches to see the ranks of the teams slowly dwindle, and the balance will be changing constantly.
I would like to see a Team-LMS mod that would work for Botmatch. Rocket Arena ia all well and good, but I'm more interested in offline Team-LMS games. That's why I don't think we should convert my idea into team-Rocket Arena, because Rocket Arena, AFAIK is online only.

Wanderer
11th Dec 1999, 01:12 PM
Something you may have overlooked. Which maps would this be played on? The regular DM maps?

Ritz
16th Dec 1999, 01:18 PM
How about making the team total less than the sum of its players? Like if there are 4 eople with 10 lives each, but the team is limited to 30 lives. This would encourage more teamplay because you would lose when your teammates have died; you would have to protect them.

RiEvEr
19th Dec 1999, 05:06 AM
Just did this for KingPin (Last Thug Standing) and I coded it so that the individual players' scores were totalled and each player could be eliminated seperately.
Seems to work fine that way.

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
--
RiEvEr..