Ati Radeon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Toastman

Apr 19, 2000
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
For those of you that haven't heard, ATI's next gen powerhouse card, the Radeon, actually shipped EARLY--unnannounced, at that! (How often does that happen in this business?) It started shipping in bulk to retail stores today. I am interested in results from persons that have one/are going to get one. Thanks.

The Toastman

Apr 19, 2000
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
I am taking the lack of interest to indicate that people aren't familiar with the Radeon. Here's an overview:

The Radeon is ATI's newest chipset/card (i.e. the sequel to the Rage128 family). Coming from ATI, the master of disappointing video cards, there may be a strong temptation to dismiss the Radeon. That would be a mistake. It out-features both the GF2 and the V5, and generally keeps up with them in performance. Apparently, in 32-bit color it sometimes even OUTPERFORMS THE GF2! Whoa...
V5 vs GF2 debate just became V5 vs GF2 vs Radeon: the plot thickens...

The Lamb

....With The Plan
May 17, 2000
London
www.jester-tek.co.uk
There are pretty lengthy reviews of the Radeon at AnandTech and
Tom's Hardware. You're right about the 32-bit performance Toastman....

It's nice that there are at least a few GPU vendors who can deliver on time every six months (Bit Boys Oy, ImgTec - are you listening?).

Bah, quotes in the {url="www.blah"} tag!