PDA

View Full Version : Question: Rotating Brushes

Lanik
15th Dec 1999, 09:49 AM
Hi,

I'm working on a level and I've read many tutorials on the net, but none of them I found say how to rotate a brush in a particular axis. How is this done?

I've tried many things and can only get the brush to rotate in the default (z?) axis.

Lanik
15th Dec 1999, 03:18 PM
No mapper knows the answer to this?

Shagnasty
15th Dec 1999, 03:23 PM
I hope this is what you mean - I was having problems this evening, till I found out by accident:
Select the brush, click on the rotate brush icon, and hold down "Ctrl + Left Mouse Button" for one axis (don't know which one precisely), and "Ctrl + Right Mouse Button" for the other axis.

If that wasn't what you meant, sorry for wasting your time...

Lizard Of Oz
15th Dec 1999, 04:56 PM
You can also hold down combinations of either the CRTL - ALT - SHIFT keys to rotate on different axis. Sorry I can't remember the exact combination, but if you play with it you'll find it. I found it by accident.

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

-Lizard Of Oz -aka- {PuF}Lizard

Wanderer
15th Dec 1999, 06:12 PM
You can rotate them in the different windows. You can also change the rotation in the properties=>Movement=>Rotation. But it's a 65536 so 16384 is a 90 degree turn and 8192 is a 45 degree turn. Then again that's the hard way to do things. Just right click and drag, it's easier.

Lanik
16th Dec 1999, 10:52 PM
Ok, thanks a lot guys /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif