UT NW3 Ultra Gore SSE

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2QmeoLwH8[/m]​

NW3 Ultra Gore SSE (Special Standalone Edition):
This is a release for Unreal Tournament concerning the new NW3 gore system.
It's called SSE given that it uses Nali Weapons 3 technology and features but it does not need Nali Weapons 3 to run at all, thus it can run with anything: normal weapons, NW3 (of course), ZP, Instagib, RX, etc...
It runs in any gametype, it can be customized from the server or the client, and all the gore effects run on the client alone thus not affecting the server itself at all.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/usoodrzf1a5zz4z/NWUltraGoreSSEb.zip

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
My spleen!
2853741_original.png

bengreenwood

Jun 23, 2008
This rocks. When you gib someone it looks truly spectacular. This is awesome like Quake 1! The gib models, blood effects and sound are really great.

Here are some ideas:

1. Instead of it being almost all meat and blood when you gib someone, have the option to have some more bones come flying out. There were bones in Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 (you can probably see some if you look for videos of fatality moves in those games on youtube) and they looked/ sounded pretty good. Also, a skull coming flying out would be good. If you do this, sometimes, the skull could go straight up in the air and land back down where the body got blown up. That would look cool.

2. When you gib someone, make it so that a chunk of meat/ some blood comes flying out in the rough direction of the player. Obviously don't make it too obvious- if it came straight at the player every time it would be unconvincing, but if done right this could be good.

I don't know if you've seen Evil Dead 2 but in that, an eyeball goes flying into someone's mouth and it looks pretty funny.

3. In Evil Dead 3, there's a battle at the end in which loads of bad guys get blown to pieces. The screams they make are awesome. If you could have some screams like that when you gib people that would be humourous. Also maybe have the option to alter the volume of the screams?

4. It seems like you only get extra gore if you gib someone with the rocket launcher or flak cannon in alt fire. It would be great to get extra gore when you gib them with the flak cannon in primary fire mode.

That's it. As I alluded to earlier, if you haven't seen Evil Dead 2 and 3 I SERIOUSLY recommend you watch them. They are both awesome, hilarious films.

Oh BTW, I noticed your mod on moddb. There's another mod, Brutal Doom, which is kinda similar in theme, and is massively popular. Maybe you could see if you could get this mutator mentioned on their page or something? It deserves loads of attention.

Thanks for making this great mutator. Awesome work.

Last edited:

Eternus

lolwhythe****areyoureadin gthis
Jun 7, 2013
Unconfirmed
This rocks. When you gib someone it looks truly spectacular. This is awesome like Quake 1! The gib models, blood effects and sound are really great.

Here are some ideas:

1. Instead of it being almost all meat and blood when you gib someone, have the option to have some more bones come flying out. There were bones in Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 (you can probably see some if you look for videos of fatality moves in those games on youtube) and they looked/ sounded pretty good. Also, a skull coming flying out would be good. If you do this, sometimes, the skull could go straight up in the air and land back down where the body got blown up. That would look cool.

2. When you gib someone, make it so that a chunk of meat/ some blood comes flying out in the rough direction of the player. Obviously don't make it too obvious- if it came straight at the player every time it would be unconvincing, but if done right this could be good.

I don't know if you've seen Evil Dead 2 but in that, an eyeball goes flying into someone's mouth and it looks pretty funny.

3. In Evil Dead 3, there's a battle at the end in which loads of bad guys get blown to pieces. The screams they make are awesome. If you could have some screams like that when you gib people that would be humourous. Also maybe have the option to alter the volume of the screams?

4. It seems like you only get extra gore if you gib someone with the rocket launcher or flak cannon in alt fire. It would be great to get extra gore when you gib them with the flak cannon in primary fire mode.

That's it. As I alluded to earlier, if you haven't seen Evil Dead 2 and 3 I SERIOUSLY recommend you watch them. They are both awesome, hilarious films.

Oh BTW, I noticed your mod on moddb. There's another mod, Brutal Doom, which is kinda similar in theme, and is massively popular. Maybe you could see if you could get this mutator mentioned on their page or something? It deserves loads of attention.

Thanks for making this great mutator. Awesome work.

That would be awesome!

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
UPDATE (version B): Here it is, a new fixed and improved version.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/usoodrzf1a5zz4z/NWUltraGoreSSEb.zip

Change log:

Features:
- Added option to tweak the lifespan of the blood “fog”
- Added option to disable the full body skeleton
- Added option to make the effects fully network-relevant (if someone is gibbed and you don't see it nor hear it, you won't see any remains once you get to the place if this setting is disabled)

Changes and enhancements:
- Corpses are now detected, so if you shoot a corpse, it will gib the same way as the player himself (this also fixes the gibbing with the Flak Cannon primary fire mode and others)

Bug fixes:
- Fixed blood decals in fog zones
- Fixed occasional glitch where gibs or a skeleton would appear but the victim body would remain intact
- Fixed occasional glitch where the victim would suffer a head explosion (headshot) but the head would remain (only in standard UT player models pre-Bonus Pack 4, the rest of the models have no “head-off” animation so those cannot be fixed)
- Fixed occasional huge slashes of lava in maps like CTF-LavaGiant and CTF-EternalCave
- Fixed the text localization of the menus, so they can now be translated to other languages