BL2: Favorite Gun Manufacturer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fav maker?

• Bandit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maliwan

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Jakobs

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Hyperion

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Tediore

• Vladof

• Torgue

• Dahl

• Total voters

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Who's your favorite gun maker now?
Bandit?
Maliwan?
Tediore?
Jakobs?
Hyperion?
Vladof?
Torgue?
Dahl?

I've become kinda partial to Tediore since you can just fire one shot and throw it like a nade. Especially handy since the larger the remaining mag, the bigger the blast

Not really liking the Hyperion and the whole "accuracy is crap til you fire half the mag"

Jakobs pistols have been pretty sweet so far, but the high accuracy they tend to have quickly gets negated by the high firerates

Haven't even touched Bandit guns since their only high point is a huge mag

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Maliwan, or Dahl, typically. I like Hyperion's and Vladof's shotguns. Also have a rocket launcher that's called BoOSH dee Duuurp from Torgue.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Was it Jakobs that lets you grenade your guns on reload? Whichever manufacturer that is, I'm finding it to be an interesting mechanic that's hard to get used to. I'm so used to reloading whenever I'm not shooting that I'm constantly going "AH I DIDN'T WANT TO THROW MY WEAPON". Not seen all of the manufacturers yet so I'm not voting just yet, but I'm quite liking Maliwan so far. Burn those Bullymongs.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Was it Jakobs that lets you grenade your guns on reload? Whichever manufacturer that is, I'm finding it to be an interesting mechanic that's hard to get used to. I'm so used to reloading whenever I'm not shooting that I'm constantly going "AH I DIDN'T WANT TO THROW MY WEAPON". Not seen all of the manufacturers yet so I'm not voting just yet, but I'm quite liking Maliwan so far. Burn those Bullymongs.
Tediore since you can just fire one shot and throw it like a nade.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Is there a way to export an image of your guns in this one or are they just banking on Steam screenshots?

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Nope, Atlas, S&S and Eridian weapons are out
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Manufacturer#Borderlands_2

I'm still kinda iffy on Hyperion weapons. Yes they can get insanely accurate, but depending on the weapon, you have to fire a quarter of the mag off first. For the most part the only Hyperion weapons I've kept were the purple sniperrifle and shotty I got out of the Golden Chest
So far Tediore and Maliwan are my primary manufacturers with Dahl/Hyperion second place

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Worst. Orange gun. EVER.

[SCREENSHOT]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578967822725870650/A1A9ACF176963AE80FACB7C9A54DEC8C3103E3FB/[/SCREENSHOT]

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Same. I have a Tediore shotgun and I just find the tossing to reload tedious more than anything (though it has saved my butt a couple of times).

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
I don't think I'm in that far, but my impressions thus far:

Bandit - Hit and miss for the most part, but I did get an awesome Eridian machine gun that sets people on fire with a huge mag to boot. Definitely a keeper.

Maliwan - I like the aesthetics of their weapons and elemental effects, but they seem to be harder to come by. I don't care for their pistols though as they only have two to four shots before I have to reload.

Jakobs - Good. The fire animation for the revolvers can be a bit of a hindrance to me sometimes.

Hyperion - Least appealing of the bunch. Having to shoot a lot in order to be accurate is a bit ridiculous IMHO. I wonder if it'll get better at higher levels?

Tediore - Interesting reload mechanic, but not much from them has shown a lot of promise. I hope to find a good rocket launcher from them.

Vladof - Haven't used that many of them. They're okay I guess.

Torgue - I wasn't a fan of the gyrojet projectiles at first, but lately I've been using some combat rifles from them and I can't complain much.

Dahl - I'm not as much of a fan of burst fire, but it kinda depends on the weapon.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Yea, Jakobs annoy me
ARs: Semi auto, bleh
Pistols: The shift from "standard" ADS to "wild west" style has thrown me off on occasion
Shotguns: Just... bleh

I do like their sniper rifles tho, nastily powerful and crit like a beast

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I got a white one to drop today named "Customer Focused Thinking". I suppose there's a story behind that somewhere...

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
I gotta go with the ol' school Jakobs... Even though Maliwan is great for elemental weapons, the Jakobs sniper rifles & revolvers worked well for my Mordcai character. I like to see how well Zero plays if and when I can actually get the new game...

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I found one Tediore SMG that I'd just shoot off one round and throw it at something to kill it. It was the only Tediore weapon I ever liked.
[screenshot]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/921241667334788503/92884474AE3A31C9907B38FB5A518E68424CA985/[/screenshot]

It quickly became useless on playthrough 2.