PDA

View Full Version : Moving skies

Wanderer
8th Dec 1999, 03:42 AM
Ok, the trick with these places is loads of creativity and a flexible engine. Ka-ching! We got it right here baby!

With the case of the the moving planets, it's actually a giant Mover. If there are decorations then those are attached to Movers themselves. While I'm not looking at it specifically it's either a Mover with the Properties=>Movement=>Rotating and one of the axis is set to a number. Or it's a Mover with keyframes and there are 2 Dispatchers that bounce back and forth and constantly trigger each other (ie: DM-HyperSpace)

Shroud
8th Dec 1999, 02:44 PM
Can anyone tell me how to use the moving skies when using UnrealEd to make an UT map? Has anyone done it or can anyone tell me where to find a tutorial on it? Im talking about the planets rotating around the Facing Worlds map, or the hyperspace maps etc.

Thanks.

JFL
aka
Shroud

Jenkins
10th Dec 1999, 04:03 PM
If you do use it as a mover, make sure to make the mover an attachmover.

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet3.gif
Jenkins

Wanderer
10th Dec 1999, 06:22 PM
Well you don't have to make it an AttachMover. Just put everything together as one mover. God knows what'll happen /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

If anybodies curious about the Facing Worlds rotating sky. That's done simply by setting a rotation rate on the SkyZoneInfo. Thank Wolf for that little tidbit of info.