Moving skies

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Ok, the trick with these places is loads of creativity and a flexible engine. Ka-ching! We got it right here baby!

With the case of the the moving planets, it's actually a giant Mover. If there are decorations then those are attached to Movers themselves. While I'm not looking at it specifically it's either a Mover with the Properties=>Movement=>Rotating and one of the axis is set to a number. Or it's a Mover with keyframes and there are 2 Dispatchers that bounce back and forth and constantly trigger each other (ie: DM-HyperSpace)

Shroud

Dec 8, 1999
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to use the moving skies when using UnrealEd to make an UT map? Has anyone done it or can anyone tell me where to find a tutorial on it? Im talking about the planets rotating around the Facing Worlds map, or the hyperspace maps etc.

Thanks.

JFL
aka
Shroud

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
If you do use it as a mover, make sure to make the mover an attachmover.

bullet3.gif

Jenkins

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Well you don't have to make it an AttachMover. Just put everything together as one mover. God knows what'll happen /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

If anybodies curious about the Facing Worlds rotating sky. That's done simply by setting a rotation rate on the SkyZoneInfo. Thank Wolf for that little tidbit of info.