Painkiller 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I know a few folks here will be at least half-excited by the news:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/e3-2012-painkiller-sequel-announced

Nordic Games will publish Painkiller: Hell & Damnation, a sequel to popular 2004 shooter Painkiller.

Nordic Games has promised Hell & Damnation will recreate "the sensations and hardcore gameplay of the original Painkiller", according to VG247.

The publisher's business and product development officer Reinhard Pollice said: "We're proud of the shiny new splendor of the game's graphics, but we're doubly proud we've made player skill the most important part of the game.

"In additional to the single-player campaign, we're putting a tremendous emphasis on the game's multiplayer component."

The game is being developed by The Farm 51, the studio behind paranormal World War I PC shooter NecroVision. The original was developed by Bulletstorm creator People Can Fly.

No platforms or release date was confirmed.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
screw Nordic Games/jowood, he/they ruined so many game franchises, look at the expansion pack abominations they have been chewing out last few years for the Painkiller, with Redemption probably being the worst expansion ever there, just edited original DM maps and thrown a ridiculous bunch of monsters (over 9000 or what) and content from previous expansions, don't include any cinematics only crap text and probably stolen music and make it standalone and don't include multiplayer. They had a real idiot from mod community making it who gets butthurt when people have bad comments about it and comments at every review out there saying thanks if the review is favorable and of course the reviewer got prepaid by Nordic/jowood, it isn't the same Nordic as it used to be, too. You could even like look up these guys posts on Steam community. (eggtooth was the maker)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2170262&page=3

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=rDZMxMErm-g
@lel765- if you don't like our game- don't play it. I don't tolerate your shitty comments, because you are aggresive.

Is that how a developer wants to come across?

Seriously..I did see the original comments, they were not as agressive, but they got deleted altogether and only good ones were "kept" lol.

Or some comment about someone thinking of the new after redemption expansion pack release (which wasn't as bad but still):
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2576622

It had to be the worst expansion pack I have ever seen for any game and yes I mean for any game..even the Quake 2 unofficial expansions were nowhere as bad as that (in fact some were pretty excellent).

And now sequel is in the making? Surely it won't stink...well at least the developer seems decent this time around, but I would doubt it will be something amazing.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Is this developed by the people who made those shitty expansion packs? Screw this crap then.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Fuck that shit. I was excited when I saw Painkiller 2; then it went down the shitter when I saw who was involved. Painkiller Resurrection is still unplayable due to falling through Level 4's map.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Like everyone here, I got disappointed when I saw that PCF would not be involved.

If they want my money though, they need to cram as much quality into the levels as possible. I still have a copy of Painkiller: Hell Wars in my library simply because the levels in it give me, as Yahtzee put it, an architectural stiffy.