PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III

Pages : 1 [2]

Slainchild
9th Jun 2012, 01:02 PM
Apparently the coop damage change is in as of last night: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_-_June_-6_9_2012#blog

So, yay!

d3tox
9th Jun 2012, 02:22 PM
Apparently the coop damage change is in as of last night: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_-_June_-6_9_2012#blog

So, yay!

looks like they nerfed the royal crypts too lol.

Kantham
9th Jun 2012, 05:20 PM

So, yay!

It was in the patch notes yeah. I'm glad they've fixed this obvious issue.

I'm expecting the bull**** meter will go down a tad eventually as well.

TWD
12th Jun 2012, 10:45 PM
Yup, this is pretty much exactly what's wrong with the story:

http://youtu.be/YcJ_XT3oWtY
http://youtu.be/8G4lX-MKrgI

Sjosz
13th Jun 2012, 09:41 AM
Played on Inferno last night with Slainchild, we somehow managed to get through the whole Zolton Kulle part of Act 2, even though it meant us having to kite most elites/champions into dead ends so we could get past them after dying. The fight leading up to Belial was manageable, but guess what? Belial is his own difficulty spike again and is essentially complete bull****.

Slainchild
13th Jun 2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure Belial is the brick wall that will be in place until that 1.0.3 patch hits.

d3tox
13th Jun 2012, 11:55 AM
OHHH BUT YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND GRIND GEAR. CUZ THATS THE PROBLEM.

I'm a little sick of the bs here. I've essentially laid back and farmed the Butcher in inferno (solo) while waiting for 1.0.3 and aside from a couple pieces of jewelry (my old stuff was really bad), can't loot anything close to the gear I'm currently using.

I'm not seeing their logic of how someone is supposed to loot anything decent short of rolling act 3 of inferno...

Slainchild
13th Jun 2012, 12:12 PM
I've essentially laid back and farmed the Butcher in inferno (solo)

Farming the Arreat craters in Nightmare for gold with full Gold Find gear (250%+) and stacks of NV is where it's at. ;)

shadow_dragon
13th Jun 2012, 02:38 PM
I hear you just slip the +MF on just before you kill bosses if your +MF gear isn't good for dps.

Though i'm not implying that's necessarily easy to do.

TWD
14th Jun 2012, 12:08 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure Belial is the brick wall that will be in place until that 1.0.3 patch hits.

So I haven't hit that wall yet (in act 3 of nightmare and it's easy), but I do feel like that patch couldn't come soon enough. It's like why bother crafting gems or upgrading your blacksmith right now when it will be cheaper after the patch? It's just a waste of money. I just go to the auction house. All the gems you need.

SlayerDragon
14th Jun 2012, 09:51 AM
As I understand it, Blizzard intended for people not to be farming bosses for loot. Most bosses I've killed have dropped **** loot anyway. I'm in Act 1 Hell and I'm getting my ass handed to me repeatedly, and I've not really been able to find much better gear on the Auction House.

Slainchild
14th Jun 2012, 10:29 AM
As I understand it, Blizzard intended for people not to be farming bosses for loot. Most bosses I've killed have dropped **** loot anyway. I'm in Act 1 Hell and I'm getting my ass handed to me repeatedly, and I've not really been able to find much better gear on the Auction House.

They want you to do full dungeon runs (doesn't really matter which), so that you encounter the tougher champion packs along the way which will drop decent loot. You also get a decent amount of gold if you do this, since you'll kill lots of trash monsters.

shadow_dragon
14th Jun 2012, 01:40 PM

It's not that they didn't want you farm bosses they just didn't want you farming "only" bosses.

The idea is you run around killing elites and champs until your valor buff is high enough, then kill the boss for higher odds of rares and legends. Or that's my understanding of it. Personally i'm not even off of nightmare yet. dunno where folks find the time. heh heh!

SlayerDragon
14th Jun 2012, 02:43 PM
Well I guess that makes sense. I had interpreted it as them wanting people to play through the whole game repeatedly rather than always going to one specific area forever to get drops.

Currently I fight wars of attrition with champions and elites because it's pretty much inevitable that I will die unless I get lucky. Even while kiting. I'm thinking I might try a ranged character.

Kantham
14th Jun 2012, 11:13 PM
I've been reading lots of RMHA "worries" posts, which reminded me how shophacoholic gamers would buy anything because it's purchasable. If a major content update for D3 is coming out any time soon, I'm going to assume it will be FREE, credit to those people.

EDIT: More precisely on the "worries" matter, I've read stories about people paying 50$ to clear act 1 inferno, worries implying how they faced the inevitable act 2 wall shortly after. I have absolutely no idea what Blizzard is intending to do with this nor why people keep up and support the concept; why anyone would feel the need to RMAH items which gives you 2 hours of "satisfying" gameplay until you hit the wall again. Didn't these people see the pattern? Hell was a clever example, every act gets much harder. Harder on gear requirement, not skills.

I've just been sitting it out until they re-work their game design, hopefully in a up-coming major content update with all the RMAH money they get right now.

EDIT2: Oh and should you know, you can cancel auctions by changing date locally (facepalm'd). Yes, unless they fixed it by now?

Slainchild
14th Jun 2012, 11:47 PM
EDIT2: Oh and should you know, you can cancel auctions by changing date locally (facepalm'd). Yes, unless they fixed it by now?

It was fixed pretty quickly

Kantham
14th Jun 2012, 11:57 PM
For a game that highly encourages server-sided data, it should have been server-sided from the start. I wonder if anything else isn't.

Firefly
15th Jun 2012, 02:13 AM
I never notice any of these imbalances or bugs. Not just Diablo but in many games. I read forums and stuff like ‘x class is op, nerf it’ or if a class is nerfed I won’t be able to tell even if it’s my class. Some people take this way too seriously.

I’m currently getting through nightmare and having fun. Elite mobs are tough especially the ones that leave a wake of fire. Also those that drop those purple beams cause a few headaches.

I hope they don't change the mechanics. The game is a proper challenge both in skilling, gearing up and tactics. At lasts a game that is a good, solid challenge. Games like Mass Effect, Skyrim et al are good but they're too easy. In fact, recently, games in general have been too easy.

Plus it feels good to be back in sanctuary and the wonderful Diablo lore again.

Play more, learn more.

Firefly
15th Jun 2012, 02:16 AM
http://images.g4tv.com/rimg_606x0/ImageDb3/286388_l/jo-jo-cosplaying-as-tyraels-secret-in-diablo-3-for-blizzcon-2011.jpg

Bort
19th Jun 2012, 03:08 AM
Add me if you wanna do some coop Inferno Act 1 runs since I get oneshot by bees starting Act 2, currently playing a Wiz.

Bort#1724

Vaskadar
19th Jun 2012, 03:12 AM
I'm waiting for the upcoming patch before diving back into my main character. For now I'd rather not contend with exploding on contact, being the subject of jest.

SlayerDragon
19th Jun 2012, 09:01 AM
Level 56 Monk in Hell Difficulty, just wrapped up Act 1 after much effort. I have a pretty defensive build right now, but for the first time I am using a staff because of the unreal DPS boost it gave me, and only a slight drop in armor from the claw+shield I was using.

Slainchild
19th Jun 2012, 09:06 AM
Patch 1.0.3 incoming today.

Notes: http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/227302-patch-103-now-live/

Looking good :)

Sjosz
19th Jun 2012, 10:05 AM
So Slainchild, maybe some Inferno this week? :)

Slainchild
19th Jun 2012, 10:27 AM
So Slainchild, maybe some Inferno this week? :)

Yus. I've been playing on and off with co-workers who are in Act1-2 of Inferno but still haven't progressed past Belial. Should be easier to find better gear in Act1 too now if we still have trouble. :p

Vaskadar
19th Jun 2012, 10:44 AM
Good news, now I won't constantly explode!

d3tox
19th Jun 2012, 01:51 PM
Yus. I've been playing on and off with co-workers who are in Act1-2 of Inferno but still haven't progressed past Belial. Should be easier to find better gear in Act1 too now if we still have trouble. :p

Better chance of level 63 gear doesnt account for the fact that when you do hit a 63 there's a decent chance its still ****. (Its already happened to me.)

I'm really hating that they rolled this patch out today. I looted a nice attack speed ring yesterday to go with my attack speed amulet. Both items are now ****, as the patch actually changed the stats on the items themself. It knocked my back by 3k+ dmg/sec.

Slainchild
19th Jun 2012, 02:35 PM
Better than 0% chance of getting 63's.

SlayerDragon
19th Jun 2012, 02:51 PM
Somebody call the whaaaaambulance!

d3tox
19th Jun 2012, 04:30 PM
Somebody call the whaaaaambulance!

GB2PROU

Mozi
20th Jun 2012, 09:40 AM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/20/world-first-diablo-3-hardcore-inferno-completion-confirmed-by-blizzard/

Kantham
21st Jun 2012, 01:48 AM
Yep, not Korean. There's a minority of people who actually consume this game on a irregular basis (let's say, 16 hours daily?), and Kripp is particularly one of them. "I can't yell right now because people are sleeping" sigh. :)

Anyway, Korea doesn't have much attention to this game AFAIK, they even banned the entire auction house.

TWD
24th Jun 2012, 12:04 AM
Level 56 Monk in Hell Difficulty, just wrapped up Act 1 after much effort. I have a pretty defensive build right now, but for the first time I am using a staff because of the unreal DPS boost it gave me, and only a slight drop in armor from the claw+shield I was using.

I've never found the staff to be worth it. Life per hit and speed is far more important. You can really tank it if you have high life per hit and keep your speed up. Unless we're talking about something like 30% more DPS, it's not worth it. The same goes for critical hit chance. If you have a high critical hit chance using Way of Hundred Fists + Blazing fists, and Sweeping Wind + Cyclone are practically unstoppable. You might still have problems with the special guys running around, but hordes won't be able to even phase you.

Firefly
24th Jun 2012, 11:20 AM
The liquid rainbow (http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Liquid_Rainbow) just dropped for my HC monk :)

d3tox
7th Jul 2012, 05:17 PM
Anyone still playing? (besides TWD lol)

After a month of farming Act 1 trying to beef up resists and armor to get my pets viable for act 2, I finally got rid of em to progress into the the game. I not only was able to walk thru Act 2, but was able to beat Belial and get into Act 3. I could even keep working thru Act 3 except the elites cause a bit too much of a problem, so I need just a bit more gear. GG Blizzard, it would have been nice to play with the skills I chose but oh well.

I hear they're looking at the pets for WD, but who knows when that'll happen...

TWD
7th Jul 2012, 05:25 PM
The walls you run into are very frustrating. The idea was that you should be able to select skills that fit the way you want to play. It just doesn't work out that way. The only way I can get anywhere with my Monk is to stack up critical hit chance % and load up on buffs. I can buff my damage 50% if they're all active at once. Unfortunately that leaves no room for any anything else interesting.

Right now have to work on health as some of the elites are one hit killing me. I'm stuck at farming the second half of Act I in Hell difficulty. Part of my problem is probably that I'm doing it all on my own. Things seem to go a lot smoother if you have a party.

Firefly
7th Jul 2012, 05:27 PM
What walls? Some skills are better suited to a style of play than others.
I'm still playing it and loving it. romping through act3, hell as a barb. Also got a hardcore monk but she's still in normal.
Some people take this game way too seriously but that's the blizz nerds for you.

d3tox
7th Jul 2012, 07:28 PM
Once you hit inferno you'll see the walls. I didn't really notice them myself until I got that far. You have to turn over gear so many times just to advance, and then its a real possibility its your skill setup that's holding you back. I don't think a player should have to resort to the cookie cutter builds you see on blizz's forums just to make progress, but that's where this game is in inferno right now. Some of this can be attributed to skill setups needing tweaking, but I can attest to the fact that at least in the WD's case, a lot of the core skills for the class just aren't useful in inferno.

Even the gear system sucks IMO. I really think the loot system is gated by your character's stats, and as such, you don't get the opportunity to loot the really good stuff until its really not that much of an improvement. Of course, I can't prove this, it just seems to be my experience. At least I'm getting my $60 worth...

TWD
7th Jul 2012, 11:55 PM
Well, it sounds like Blizzard knows the problems and wants to fix them. I can still progress right now, but I have to turn to the auction house.

Kantham
8th Jul 2012, 09:49 PM
Remember guys, one of their lead designer said they didn't consider the auction house during the entire development/testing process. Because who the **** would want to buy constantly better/overpowered gear anyway? People want **** drops, it makes kiting more fun and exciting.

shadow_dragon
9th Jul 2012, 03:27 PM
I remember them saying that it's existence effected how they set drop rates... What more consideration is required?

Kantham
10th Jul 2012, 08:09 AM
I don't know how Blizzard will recover from this, especially if they somehow manage to screw up their first StarCraft II expansion.

Sjosz
10th Jul 2012, 09:30 AM
I don't know how Blizzard will recover from this, especially if they somehow manage to screw up their first StarCraft II expansion.

What's to recover from? They built a game, millions of people bought it, they probably made some profit off it, and the RMAH probably trickles in some pocket change.
The game, by and large, functioned just fine. Everything leading up to endgame stuff in Inferno played fine, the classes play fine, they continually update. I mean, I'm done playing the game myself, but I don't really see many problems.

Kantham
10th Jul 2012, 09:47 AM
I'm talking about reputation.

They've re-invented/innovated RTS/HnS in ~1998, and now they've "killed" HnS in 2012 over ~9 years of development?

My point is, they are known for being a work-hard innovative studio, but with 9-years-in-development ****s like Diablo 3, it makes many consumers and I look the other way around these days.

Will they fail? No
Will they still make profit? Yes

But it's not as profitable for them as it should really be with all the disappointment.

Sjosz
10th Jul 2012, 10:39 AM
I suppose it doesn't really matter to a rabid internet community that smells betrayal or a lack of caring on the development team's part where there is none, but the thing with any development cycle, let alone a 9 year long one, is that it's a process of change.

They didn't decide 9 years ago how this game would end up. The gaming community changes across that period of time, and so do game design sensibilities. Take that into account, and then know that a process like game development is one that only the development team is privy to on a day-to-day basis, and you see how games evolve to be something placed in the current situation.
This sadly happens to a great many games, where everyone can sit back at the end of development and internet armchair criticize design decisions to hell and back and ask "how did they not see this?". Truth is though, that hindsight is 20/20, and when you're in development you simply try to make the best game you can, regardless of what it ends up being relative to whatever game came before it.

I still think Diablo 3 is a pretty great game. It's got some problems, and I know Blizzard are continually assessing and adjusting the game's balance to counter the problems they can tackle. The auction house playing the role it does is an unfortunate thing but I don't believe it's reasonable to start doubting the development team there for the way that has played out. As far as I'm concerned, they can still pull the auction house and the RMAH back on the rails, but they need to contain their economy a bit.

SleepyHe4d
10th Jul 2012, 01:25 PM
Here Sleepy, have a smell at some freshly poop'ed-in boxers. Yes, the ones you're currently wearing.

Yes. You're mad.

Sigh... look who's mad now. :p

Kantham
10th Jul 2012, 03:09 PM
This sadly happens to a great many games, where everyone can sit back at the end of development and internet armchair criticize design decisions to hell and back and ask "how did they not see this?".

A major case of "how did they not see this?" indeed.

The Auction House, man. I appreciate their honesty (Admitting the bads), but that was bad. I'm sure someone said somewhere in development "Everyone will go to the Auction House to get new gear" but no one gave a flying frack about it.

Korea banned the market place all together. I know it's a governmental decision related to virtual item/gold farming, but it also solves the biggest flaw in this game. So good for them.

I still think Diablo 3 is a pretty great game. It's got some problems, and I know Blizzard are continually assessing and adjusting the game's balance to counter the problems they can tackle.

Maybe they can resurrect D3, just maybe. I personally think they will not deliver a sufficient amount of content in the proper period of time to keep their players hooked. I paid $60 and I hope I'm wrong, somehow.

I don't hate on the gameplay of D3 (The hack and slash is fine), I just really despise what they've done with it over all the amount of budget/time they've had. I really can't figure out how they've ignored the most basic and obvious flaws.

I read a D3 designer quit some months before release. Hint or not, I can't keep my finger off of it.

Sigh... look who's mad now. :p

lol disappointed ish mad :owns:

Sjosz
10th Jul 2012, 03:46 PM
A major case of "how did they not see this?" indeed.

The Auction House, man. I appreciate their honesty (Admitting the bads), but that was bad. I'm sure someone said somewhere in development "Everyone will go to the Auction House to get new gear" but no one gave a flying frack about it.

Korea banned the market place all together. I know it's a governmental decision related to virtual item/gold farming, but it also solves the biggest flaw in this game. So good for them.

I don't buy that for a second, that nobody cared about it. You should be in the thick of development of a game sometime, you'd be surprised at how much can really only be seen in hindsight.

Maybe they can resurrect D3, just maybe. I personally think they will not deliver a sufficient amount of content in the proper period of time to keep their players hooked. I paid $60 and I hope I'm wrong, somehow.

I don't hate on the gameplay of D3 (The hack and slash is fine), I just really despise what they've done with it over all the amount of budget/time they've had. I really can't figure out how they've ignored the most basic and obvious flaws.

I'd be very careful correlating total development time with what came out of it. Ultimately, they sit down and re-design something from scratch when something is not quite right to them (anecdotal evidence via speaking with a friend of a friend there). It's not like they've been at developing content for 8 years that just got kept in the game.

You're probably probably right about the influx of content, though. I'm already done with the game, I've spent a good 150 hours in it, which is a fine return on my investment, and as far as the game is concerned I'm okay with being done with it. Would've been nice to complete Inferno difficulty, but I really don't want to save up billions of gold to get gear good enough to get through Belial, Act 3 and 4.

I read a D3 designer quit some months before release. Hint or not, I can't keep my finger off of it.

And unless there is any news being mentioned there explicitly, you're engaging in pure speculation, which doesn't help anyone.

Kantham
10th Jul 2012, 03:51 PM
Early 2012: http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/diablo-iiis-lost-its-senior-producerwhen-the-hell-is-this-game-coming-out/

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1216986p1.html

Recently: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6020252286?page=1

Sjosz
10th Jul 2012, 05:06 PM
My bad, when I said news, I meant actual information about what the reasons are behind those people leaving, not whether they left or not. People leave places all the time, for lots of different possible reasons. No point in speculating over something as harmless as a designer or a producer leaving a project/studio unless there is news indicating it happened over dubious reasons.

d3tox
11th Jul 2012, 07:49 AM
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-ongoing-project-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/

For anyone having trouble with loot, check this link. It explains exactly how magic find works. This has helped me loot more yellows, and by extension, more level 63 yellows, which eventually leads to something useful...

Kantham
20th Aug 2012, 07:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mVhWE.png

http://i.imgur.com/DoFOr.jpg

Kantham
20th Aug 2012, 07:44 PM
Google cached article. (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4lbEVDxBxR8J:diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/interview-diablo-creator-david-brevik-discusses-his-feelings-on-diablo-3+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

IncGamers: You are very well known in the world of ARPGs, and I am going to ask you, Diablo 3 is probably the most anticipated PC title in 10 years. What’s your opinion on the final product?

David Brevik: Honestly, I think that they did a lot of the things the best they could, it was a very different game than I would have created, the team and personalities, the people, the talent and all the design philosophies of the people that worked on it in Irvine, we called them Blizzard South, those people have their own style and the their own way they like to design. It was very, very different from the Blizzard North.

So I think that when Blizzard South took over the development of Diablo 3 it was inevitable that they were going to create an experience that was in the Diablo theme but concentrated more towards the things that they liked to experience. Including more story and things like that.

When Blizzard North shut down they lost a ton of experience with why the Action RPG works and what about it works. That’s really difficult to recover from. They didn’t have the experience of people that knew it well. This is why you do things with random levels for example, and so when you lose that experience you are going to create a very different experience in the end than we would have created.

IncGamers: Do you think they bought the wrong people in? As we understand, Jay Wilson, for example, his background was RTS. From our point of view it looked like they misunderstood what kept people playing, The type of loot drops, which has been a big issues. One of the other issues is they have not listened to their community, and they have not analysed what makes up that addictive Diablo experience. What are your thoughts on that?

David Brevik: Well, the loot system. They made some decisions with the loot system that were very different than the way that we did it in Diablo 2 and I think that obviously the community has been upset with some of the decisions they made. Having all of your powers work off your main weapon and things like that, to having blues that are more powerful than yellows. Eventually the auction house and how that worked, even something as simple as when you equip an item and it’s bound to your character permanently would have totally changed the dynamic of the game.

It seems odd that they have not really responded in a quick fashion to some of these things. I think they are very well aware of the problems at this point and are trying to fix some of this stuff. It’s a shame that they had to learn some of these painful lessons

IncGamers: As you created Diablo, how do you feel about it? Do you feel a little let down that the legacy has kind of been mashed up?

David Brevik: I have very mixed emotions about it (laughs). On one hand I am sad that people haven’t enjoyed Diablo because it’s a love, a passion, and its obvious people still have a giant love and passion for Diablo and they are speaking out about it because they have such love for it. That makes me feel great.

I am sad because people are outraged and, you know, some of the decision they have made are not the decisions I would make and there have been changes in philosophy and that hasn’t gone over very well. I think in that way I am a little sad.

I am also a little happy, which I hate to say, it shows that the people that were involved in Diablo really did matter, and so I am happy that it has come to light that how talented that group was and how unique and special that group was. I am hoping that, as this happens very often in the industry, you see it with Call of Duty and things like that , when the people leave the game changes and it shows how critical people are in this industry.

IncGamers: One of the questions the Gazillion guys asked me to ask you was, where did the name Diablo come from?

David Brevik: I thought of the game when I was in high school and I lived in the east part of San Francisco in a town called Danville and I lived at the base of Mount Diablo and that’s where the name comes from. Once I found out what the mountain name was, I thought that was awesome, I didn’t speak Spanish, so I thought I wanted to use that as a title for a nemesis in a videogame. It’s simply from where I lived.

IncGamers: Well thanks a lot David, you’ve brought a lot of pleasure to millions of people over the years and hopefully you’ll continue to do so.

Bold for where the butthurt started IMO.

d3tox
20th Aug 2012, 08:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mVhWE.png

Lol.

Has this been posted on Blizzard's forums? Thats some funny ****.

TWD
20th Aug 2012, 09:15 PM
Meanwhile I can't even play because my account has been hijacked :(

They changed the email address so I can't even log in to create a ticket. I've tried calling in, but their queue is always full.

Kantham
20th Aug 2012, 11:12 PM
Lol.

Has this been posted on Blizzard's forums? Thats some funny ****.

Reddit.

EDIT: Basically, the Game Director worked with RTS and is full of butthurt at the truth and criticism. The hopes for this game are so low and they still have much to fix it's nearly impossible to recover with the staff they currently have (Blizz south).

Quoting the bold quote again.

I am also a little happy, which I hate to say, it shows that the people that were involved in Diablo really did matter, and so I am happy that it has come to light that how talented that group was and how unique and special that group was. I am hoping that, as this happens very often in the industry, you see it with Call of Duty and things like that , when the people leave the game changes and it shows how critical people are in this industry.

I love reading this. :)
Being a good Designer is a natural talent, school gets all kind of people in the industry, not this particular natural talent.
Take Far Cry 3 Multiplayer for instance.

I can't agree more with this guy, the industry needs more talent, less recycle cash cows and bad designs.

Capt.Toilet
20th Aug 2012, 11:15 PM
Meanwhile I can't even play because my account has been hijacked :(

They changed the email address so I can't even log in to create a ticket. I've tried calling in, but their queue is always full.

Lesson learned. Don't use 1234 as a password you goof nugget.

d3tox
21st Aug 2012, 09:49 PM
Reddit.

EDIT: Basically, the Game Director worked with RTS and is full of butthurt at the truth and criticism. The hopes for this game are so low and they still have much to fix it's nearly impossible to recover with the staff they currently have (Blizz south).

Quoting the bold quote again.

I love reading this. :)
Being a good Designer is a natural talent, school gets all kind of people in the industry, not this particular natural talent.
Take Far Cry 3 Multiplayer for instance.

I can't agree more with this guy, the industry needs more talent, less recycle cash cows and bad designs.

Yeah, the outrage has spread to Blizzard's forums. Its comical lol. I've seen more than one thread about this.

SleepyHe4d
22nd Aug 2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, it reminds me of the time when I was trash talking the game and some people in this thread were getting buttmad about my comments, but then some people just change their tune like that when they feel like it and pretend like nothing ever happened.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0j3nt85vb1r0ohdj.png

Sjosz
22nd Aug 2012, 03:06 PM
Anyone playing again now that the patch is out? Is it any better on Inferno now that they've effectively removed the most prevalent problems with elite/champion mobs?

Firefly
23rd Aug 2012, 04:32 AM
Anyone playing again now that the patch is out? Is it any better on Inferno now that they've effectively removed the most prevalent problems with elite/champion mobs?

t's 100 times better both with the loots and the elite champ mobs. They can still be challenging but easier.

Also Jay Wilson has made a post on the official forums regarding his facebook status message.

link (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6398870250#1)

As many of you probably know, I recently made a comment on Facebook about Dave Brevik. I want to make it clear that I am very sorry for what I said. I have higher expectations for myself than to express my feelings in such a rash way and disrespect a fellow developer like Dave, someone who deserves to be treated with greater respect.

What I said was expressed out of anger, and in defense of my team and the game. People can say what they want about me, but I don't take lightly when they disparage the commitment and passion of the Diablo III team. Dave is awesome. In Diablo and Diablo II, he made two of the games that have most affected me as a developer. I respect his vision for Diablo, but just like he said in his interview, the Diablo III team must drive a vision for the game that is true to us. We believe in Diablo and have stuck by it through years of hard development to make it a reality.

The foundation of the Diablo team was built from the remnants of Blizzard North: Our lead programmer, who built the basis of the Diablo III engine while at Blizzard North; our lead tech artist, who drove much of the combat visuals, FX, and skill direction of our classes and is one of the most avid Diablo II players you can find; our lead concept artist, who helped establish the core look of the game; Wyatt Cheng, our senior technical game designer, who writes many of our blogs and works tirelessly on the live game. All these people and many others made the commitment to Diablo even after Blizzard North shut down. It was hard for me to see their contributions be diminished by someone they worked alongside, and even harder for me not to try to jump to their defense. I only wish I'd done so in a more professional manner.

Joining the Diablo team was a dream come true for me. In my house, the name Diablo was always spoken in hushed tones. It meant late nights that turned into early mornings, moments of pure adrenaline and pure joy. It meant countless conversations, debates, scouring websites for good builds, and more than one or two sick days. :) When Diablo II was released, I took a week off work and sent my wife out of state... and she was pregnant at the time! I played Diablo II with my dad during one of the most difficult times of his life, and the experience brought me closer to him, and I hope helped him through it. I joined the Diablo team because the idea of a world without more Diablo seemed like a pretty crappy world to me. I wasn't sure if I'd be good enough. I'm still not sure. But I felt I had to try.

Regardless of how I've done, my team has been more than good enough, and I'm proud of the game we made together. We believe it's a great game. But Diablo III has flaws. It is not perfect. Sales mean nothing if the game doesn’t live on in all of our hearts, and standing by our games is what Blizzard does. Patch 1.0.4 is a step in the right direction, but we have no illusions that our work is done.

Playing Diablo III needs to be a rewarding experience. The new legendaries are a big step in the right direction, as are tweaks to item drop rates. But I'm not convinced that we've gone far enough. If you don't have that great feeling of a good drop being right around the corner -- and the burst of excitement when it finally arrives -- then we haven't done our jobs right. Out of our concern to make sure that Diablo III would have longevity, we were overly cautious about how we handled item drops and affixes. If 1.0.4 hasn’t fixed that, you can be sure we'll continue to address it.

Part of the problem, however, is not just item drops, but the variety of things to do within the game. Many of you have stated that there needs to be more to the game than just the item hunt, and we agree completely. The Paragon system is a step in the right direction, giving meta-progress for your time in the game, but it does little to address the variety of activities you can do while playing. I don't think there’s a silver-bullet solution to this problem, but I do think we can make this aspect of the game better, and as such we're planning more than just PvP for the next major patch. Not trying to be coy, but we're still firming things up and will talk about this as soon as we can.

Difficulty has been a constant source of division when discussing the game. Some players believe Diablo has never been about crushing challenges, but more about efficiency and farming. Some players want a game that tests them to their limits. Neither player is wrong. As it stands, Diablo III simply does not provide the tools to allow players to scale the game challenge to something appropriate for them. We set Inferno as the high watermark and took a one-size-fits-all approach to game challenge. Later in the development of Diablo II, the 'players 8' command -- which let people set monster difficulty -- was added to address this issue, and we're considering something similar for the next major Diablo III patch to allow players to make up their own minds about how hard or how easy is right for them.

The Auction House has also proven to be a big challenge. It adds a lot of power for players to trade and acquire items. Getting a great Monk drop that you can trade for better gear for your Wizard is obviously a great benefit, but it does come with a downside. The Auction House can short circuit the natural pace of item drops, making the game feel less rewarding for some players. This is a problem we recognize. At this point we're not sure of the exact way to fix it, but we’re discussing it constantly, and we believe it's a problem we can overcome.

While these are some of the major issues with Diablo III, they aren't the only things we're looking at. On a daily basis we ask ourselves if the classes are satisfying to play, if rares and champions are fun to fight, if they’re tuned well relative to normal monsters. Can we make further improvements to social elements of the game? How can items be even better?

We made Diablo III because we believe in the Diablo games. We think the gameplay is awesome, the world is compelling, and it's the game we all wanted to play. Because we believe in it, we'll continue to stand by it and make it better. We are committed to making Diablo III the best Diablo game to date, and we hope you'll continue to help us do just that.

Saying that, I'd like to apologize to all of you, the players in our community. You deserve better than my reaction to Dave's comments. You deserve more honest communication about the game and what we're doing to make it a more awesome experience for us all. We care about Diablo very much, and appreciate your passion for it. Without you, we wouldn't be able to do this, and for that I can't thank you enough.

Rambowjo
23rd Aug 2012, 06:10 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibsEuOdDSongHW.jpg

Rambowjo
23rd Aug 2012, 06:11 AM
Please don't remove the above post. I want people to have Jay's smug face looking straight at them, while they read his load of ****.

Kantham
23rd Aug 2012, 01:37 PM
Even the mods are "**** that guy".

http://i.imgur.com/ViJII.jpg

d3tox
23rd Aug 2012, 10:14 PM

I didn't quit, and finished inferno today :D I had previously been stuck on the elites in the levels just before you fight Cydea. Once they buffed pets, I got those back out and rolled through the remainder of act 3 and act 4...

PS. The Jay Wilson thing is effing hilarious. I would of loved to see the "meetings" and discipline leading up to that. I'll bet he got his ass handed to him.

Wail of Suicide
23rd Aug 2012, 10:26 PM
I don't understand why he had such a negative reaction to Brevik's comments. Sure, he wasn't lavishing praise on Diablo 3, but he was hardly tearing into it.

d3tox
19th Feb 2013, 11:39 AM
Anyone still play this?

Patch 1.0.7 was released last week adding a crude form of PVP (Which I have yet to try) and some crafting recipes that allow players to craft amulets, shoulders, bracers, gloves and chest armor pieces. All but the Chest armor can be best in slot, and it has really killed the pay2win portion of the game, as AH flippers have just been screwed hard...

It's quite nice these days.

Firefly
19th Feb 2013, 04:51 PM
I like 107. It is definitely getting better. Just make crafting worth while at higher levels and it will be even greater.
I don't care much for pvp as I'm not into duelling myself but I can understand some of the frustrations.

Kantham
23rd Feb 2013, 03:08 PM
Human(s) still play this game?

d3tox
23rd Feb 2013, 06:01 PM
I actually have found it more entertaining than borderlands 2...

*ducks*

Bort
3rd Mar 2013, 05:13 PM
I been farming again almost daily since 1.07 dropped.

I get a legendary everyday while farming for about 1 hour and until now all have been **** but I guess is better than 1 **** legendary each 5 months like it was before.

Firefly
3rd Mar 2013, 05:47 PM
I'm hunting achievs myself. 5 sc chars and 5 hc chars. That will nail several long term acheivs in one go.

Kantham
3rd May 2014, 09:18 AM
Gravedig? Did this gem cost chart for the sake of it.

http://i.imgur.com/2sH6s1x.jpg

Calculator for tweaking here. (http://diablo3calculator.com/)

d3tox
8th May 2014, 11:40 AM
Gravedig? Did this gem cost chart for the sake of it.

http://i.imgur.com/2sH6s1x.jpg

Calculator for tweaking here. (http://diablo3calculator.com/)

That's just a drop in the bucket for some of us. :)