Dead Space: Steam Mid-Week Deal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Controls are kinda heavy feeling like the new Resident Evil's, but in this game it makes sense since you are in a heavy ass suit of armor. Played it on the ps3 used for 25 bucks and didn't feel ripped off so $4 dollars would be an awesome price.

Couple things to remember
-If it is anything like the sequel, v-sync is capped at 30 fps so don't use the in game option
-there is a bug where a scripted sequence will not occur if v sync is turned off
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/949616-dead-space/57970537

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I paid $50 to play through it twice on the PC and it was worth it imo. That being said, Dead Space 2 puts it to shame majorly.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Just noticed that DS2 is also on sale. Pick that one up as well. Both are great but DS2 trumps it.

Oh and another be warned segment

The PC version of DS2's hardcore mode is bugged. When you complete it you are supposed to unlock the "handcannon" but it does not. Only way to get it is to edit a system file(google it). I have the honored priviledge of keeping a save file handy so i have proof of my hard work - that mode is rough :)

On the flip side, the latest patch(I bought retail so not sure if Steam version is applicable) gives you the dlc weapons/armors for free. It does make the game easier but they are optional.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
On the flip side, the latest patch(I bought retail so not sure if Steam version is applicable) gives you the dlc weapons/armors for free. It does make the game easier but they are optional.

Yeah, the DS2 dlc weapons/armor are way overpowered imho. You don't have to work for the newer weapons/armor; they were free in the in-game virtual stores and available since the begnning. This essentially gave me little incentive to use the credits for things other than ammo, cores, etc.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
No DS2 in Germany although you can buy it in stores (almost) uncut.
ZSYij.gif

How's that "import games" option coming along anyway, Gabe? Thought I heard something about that a while back.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Um, yeah. I see what is meant by the controls being weird and sluggish.

I've only played this for about fifteen minutes and I wonder whether they purposefully made the controls this way to increase the vibe because I started to get motion-sickness. That hasn't happened since Quake 1. :lol:

I need to spend a bit more time adjusting mouse sensitivity.

This could be a good game but I might need some airlines barf bags if this keeps up. :lol: :D

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Um, yeah. I see what is meant by the controls being weird and sluggish.

I've only played this for about fifteen minutes and I wonder whether they purposefully made the controls this way to increase the vibe because I started to get motion-sickness. That hasn't happened since Quake 1. :lol:

I need to spend a bit more time adjusting mouse sensitivity.

This could be a good game but I might need some airlines barf bags if this keeps up. :lol: :D

Yeah, well there are parts of the game where you jump from surface to surface in no gravity/vacuum. So good luck with motion sickness there! :)

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Normally FOV doesn't bother me, but I felt insanely cramped when I first tried to play it
Combine that with the controls, menus, etc and it killed it for me
I did like what bit I did play, so while it could easily be a great game, it was a shitty port

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I found it painful to play for the above reasons, and also because it was a very heavily 'Doom 3 alike', yet failed on the atmosphere. But I did enjoy it and play it through to the finish.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The atmosphere of both DS games is superb. Amazing series overall and haven't found any problems with the control on the PC version (Dead Space 2, I mean).

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Even if you hate Dead Space 1 or don't like it, you should still get Dead Space 2, it's awesome!

1f37d13a8e.jpg

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah DS1 is a good game. At least the first couple of times you play it, imho. There's no variation in monster placement. What you can do is play it on a higher skill level like "survival" iirc. Less health, more damage etc.

Still, didn't regret getting it. Game looked amazing. Some of the weaponry felt useless, while others did great. Guess it's just a personal thing. Isaac's armour looks and feels very cool. Especially the highest level suit.
There are also some minigames every now and then.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
DS is absolutely amazing, but don't bother with Kb+m and plug in a 360 controller. It is infinitely better.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Would get it, awesome deal. Just not into Zombies-like games.

Also, they don't have anything for me to get mad at, so not worth buying.