Old UT video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmTDG20bdYA[/M]

This has both Daikatana and UT in one video, I did not upload this but it's interesting, howver i can't stop laughing my ass off at the early pulsegun, dammo seriously? :lol:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Couldn't hear the English over the German that guy was speaking. :p

Dang though, look at that old Redeemer,

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Gameplay footage capture has come a long way too. Those are some crappy shots at bad angles with not much variety.
That being said, does anyone have that deemer skin? I'd make a true 'old skool' deemer from it.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I got it sent to me. Code, models, textures, the whole bit. In a couple of days you guys can play the original deemer ;)

In fact it might be fun to resurrect the old weapons into a pack? Anyone interested? i have the code for it all now (thank you Mr. Benefactor).

EDIT: I did a rough rip/compile of the warshell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0YeO-EC4Es

and the pickup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GLJu87D9wA

Man, things have come a long way...

Last edited:

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Did you get a Music folder, too? Could be some rough draft gems in there...

hogsy

Dec 5, 2011
Trocara
hogsy.me
Being a fan of Daikatana...
0:46 That must be a very very early '98 build they're showing :)
2:23 Earlier Sidewinder pickup model?

Last edited:

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Sadly, no music files at all. Lots of individual sounds though.

Ooh, definitely interested too (I keep a generational archive of sounds from all the games). Did the source who provided you with this give you any restrictions on releasing it as a total package or anything?

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I'll ask, I can't imagine why they would mind. It's not really a secret thing, just not very well known.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
This pack was recovered recently by Leo and myself from the X-COM Alliance dev member that had some Unreal sources with him. What's inside this small archive is the full source for BotPack build 220, already shared, as well as some stuff I noticed today when observing the X-COM package in detail. The additional files are two builds of a tech demo map by Erik De Neve, an Epic employee, using UT resources.

UT Stuff.rar (9.18 MB)

Code:
http://www.multiupload.com/MGYE388T6O

medor

Mar 15, 2009
Warning: Failed to load 'Envirotest': Can't find file for package 'Envirotest'
Warning: Failed to load 'C:\DOCUME~1\dark\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$DI17.9875\envirothing.unr': Can't find file for package 'Envirotest'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'Envirotest'

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
Being a fan of Daikatana...
0:46 That must be a very very early '98 build they're showing :)
2:23 Earlier Sidewinder pickup model?

hee-hee-hee-ag1.gif

you-are-too-funny-ag1.gif

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImaxiJkX7U[/M]

I didn't post about it before, but in this video you can see old version of ripper which actually shoots compact discs. :lol:

hogsy

Dec 5, 2011
Trocara
hogsy.me
*image rape*

Obviously the game has some serious flaws and anyone who deny those exist really needs a huge hit round the head, but understanding what Romero was trying to do and some of the issues that effected the games development I can somewhat appreciate it a little more. That said, being a "fan" is probably not the right word for it as I hardly play the game that often any more but despite its flaws once you put on some music and take some pills it can be a rather amusing game :lol:

Also thanks for posting these videos Leo, they're really quite interesting and there seems to be some noticeable enthusiasm that is missing with developers today ;)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yea, well I think Daikatana is nowhere as bad as it was made out to be, the most annoying part were the glitches/or the slow vsync based loading and separation of levels into multiple parts like it was a playstation game (could be related since there was playstation port planned), combined with the slow loading. If you patched the game enough and knew how to avoid the glitch situations, it was pretty fun to play, especially in multiplayer which didn't have as much glitches surprisingly as the SP game (were they deathmatching too much instead of focusing on fixing the SP game?).

Yeah, no problem, it's not my video anyways, and I can't take credit for uploading it either, but it is related to the previous vid anyways and it's always better to have it in one thread I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.