PDA

View Full Version : Summon Command

Plattnum
6th Dec 1999, 12:22 AM
I seem to be not getting any results with the summon command from the console in Unreal Tournament. I have been using the "summon" command from within a practice session on a Deathmatch map. I have tried to summon a weapon modification of my own and having no success attempted to use the "summon" command as documented at various tutorial sites:

Example:
summon botpack.ut_eightball
summon botpack.sniperrifle
summon unrealshare.stinger
summon botpack.skaarjbot

and finally my own:
summon mylevel.jeffweapon

The command has had absolutely no effect or end result. Am I using it incorrectly or missing something else altogether entirely?

Your paitience and help for a newbie scripter would be greatly appreciated!!

Wanderer
6th Dec 1999, 02:39 AM
You have to first type in "iamtheone" at the console (minus the quotes).

Plattnum
6th Dec 1999, 04:53 PM
Are you serious?? I am at work right now so I can't check this out.......where is this documented??....or are you pulling my leg?

Wanderer
7th Dec 1999, 02:30 AM
Swear to god! If I had a god that is. In this case, swear on my grandfathers grave!

You have to type in "iamtheone" at the console and then all the cheats will work. Wonder if that works in Unreal1's MP?

Plattnum
7th Dec 1999, 04:11 PM
Awesome...it worked! I can't believe I was unable to find that simple little command so that I could test my first weapon script modification.

Thanks for answering back!!

I am off to play with UnrealScript!!

Plattnum
7th Dec 1999, 04:11 PM
Awesome...it worked! I can't believe I was unable to find that simple little command so that I could test my first weapon script modification.

Thanks for answering back!!

I am off to play with UnrealScript!!