Waves Demo Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
UDK game, Waves, can now be sampled via demo. The full version will be coming to Steam (as well as a standalone DRM-less version from the Squid-in-a-box site) and is set to retail for $9.99. It looks like a pretty fun an colorful shoot-em-up and I'll definitely be looking for it when it hits.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Holy geeez! Did you guys try the demo? AWESOME! The soundtrack is great and... is that announcer lady GladOS? I'm still really looking forward to the final release of this, so far I am still heavily impressed.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
Yes, I was talking about the original Xenon (1989?) which has superior gameplay and music than this crap

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
It's a bit strange that you would bring up the Xenon games though; this is a different type of shmup altogether.

You could have at least brought up one of the great scrollers! hehe.

Last edited:

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
It's a bit strange that you would bring up the Xenon games though; this is a different type of shmup altogether.

You could have at least brought up one of the great scrollers! hehe.

It doesn't even need to be compared to them. Waves is just too monotonous, stupid and brainless. Not that Xenon is not great of course.

I am currently playing the demo of Steel Storm: Burning Retribution. Nice top-down action packed indie game. I would rather spend 9,99 gold on it instead of Waves. Pity that it costs less than half the price of Waves...

[M]http://youtu.be/DmFLEHE5Mn8[/M]

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Steel Storm is fine but it isn't a true dual stick shooter and it doesn't have any controller support. It's also vastly different than Waves.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
Steel Storm is fine but it isn't a true dual stick shooter and it doesn't have any controller support. It's also vastly different than Waves.

That's true. It is not like being stuck in a vertical cylindrical tube moving in circles for hours until you have no brain cells left to burn...

Last edited: