Would this work?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
I'm away from home (and from my laptop) at the moment, or I'd try this rather than ask here, but if anyone remembers, some time back I asked if there was a mod that would enable me to play different maps (that I would choose myself) in the single player ladder? Sadly such a mod does not exist, but it's occurred to me now to wonder if I could rename the maps, and therefore get Unreal Tournament to play the single player ladder on these new maps even though the game thinks it's running the usual maps. Would this work?

What I mean is, say the original UT maps are called:

DM_TOXIC.UNR
DM_Deck16_.UNR
DM_Fractal.UNR

and I renamed them from .UNR to UN_ (as I wouldn't be playing on these maps for the time being), and then names the maps that I want to play, from:

DM_GE_TEMPLE.UNR
DM_GE_COMPLEX.UNR
DM_GE_STACK.UNR

to

DM_TOXIC.UNR
DM_Deck16_.UNR
DM_Fractal.UNR

then would Unreal Tournament use the maps I'd added (and renamed to the names of the maps that the game uses) in the single player ladder? It would have been easer to test it than to type this post, I know, but I won't get a chance to try that until Monday, plus by posting this here someone might be able to suggest something extra.

I know, of course, that the names I've listed above are probably wrong, but I can't remember the correct names, of course I'd take care when renaming the files.

So would this idea work? And if so, can I somehow make Unreal Tournament read the files from a differenct directory, so that I can keep the original maps in the original MAPS directory, and yet keep the new (and renamed) maps in a different directory, and then when I want to play the new single player ladder (well, the usual ladder, but with the new maps), I can use a command line switch like:

unrealtournament.exe -NEWMAPFOLDER

or if not, then can two or more installations of Unreal Tournament exist on the same PC?

Thanks for any answers and suggestions.

P.S. I really don't like the map Fractal at all. To me, it's the worst UT map I've ever played :(