I have what may be a stupid question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Any mutators you use on your server you need to put in your ServerPackages.

However, what if you have a map with mutators embedded into it?

Do you need to specify the mutators embedded into the map or are they loaded up automatically along with the map?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Packages in your ServerPackages list are transferred through the internet to the clients. Maps are transferred by default (otherwise clients couldn't play, obviously). Mutators in the map are a part of the map, thus they get transferred by default along with the maps.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Kinda what I thought.
0011xhbb

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Mutator cannot be part of map, you mean the package is. But some mutators don't require serverpackages, depends on which, if it has custom items etc or monsters then it does require it.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Yes & no

Mutator cannot be part of map, you mean the package is. But some mutators don't require serverpackages, depends on which, if it has custom items etc or monsters then it does require it.

In this particular instance, I have a friend who I had put a weapon onto a specific map that's from a mutator of a bunch of superweapons. Granted, you have to have the weapons pack on your system for it to work, but I was wondering if it was one of the thing the map loads, like textures and everything else that automatically loads when people join the game, if the weapon placed on the map would load automatically as well or if I needed to mention it in the serverpackages.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
In this particular instance, I have a friend who I had put a weapon onto a specific map that's from a mutator of a bunch of superweapons. Granted, you have to have the weapons pack on your system for it to work, but I was wondering if it was one of the thing the map loads, like textures and everything else that automatically loads when people join the game, if the weapon placed on the map would load automatically as well or if I needed to mention it in the serverpackages.

Yes but that isn't mutator, mutator is just a bonus in the pakage and no you don't have to add it to serverpackages in that case unless you want to use mutator, anything used by map is automatically loaded.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
While it is a modification, it's not loaded like a "mutator" since it's part of the map now. It will only work in that map, so if you want to use the weapon on any map, you'll need to load it in the ServerPackages, then call the modification in the startup script (or mapvote, nexgen, whatever)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Oh, trust me, this is a mutator
00bw207g.png

Obviously you don't get the concept of a mutator, mutator is a classname which modifies game a bit, every game has a basemutator and you can add additional ones. However the package containing mutator is not a mutator in whole. All that this map has is this weapon from the package but not the mutator class itself. So technically it isn't mutator, like Skillz said. All that's used are the weapon classes, but that isn't mutator. The package may have mutator but is not mutator itself. Mutator needs to be scripted and added in open commandline, you only have the luxury of having it in menu in UT, becasue the int files allow it to, then it gets automatically added in the mutator list upon opening the map through there.