PDA

View Full Version : add light here and player start?

CRF_Griffin
5th Dec 1999, 12:47 PM
why is it that when i am doing a level, i add light somewhere and it doesnt show in the 3d view. that goes for the same with the add player start. except with the player start it doesnt show at all. then when i rebuild the level, all the light has dissappeared and i have to put in more torches...... someone tell me what i am doing wrong.?

Wanderer
5th Dec 1999, 06:48 PM
Depending how big of a room it is, then go into the Light properties and change the LightColor=>LightBrightness setting.

As for not seeing PlayerStarts in the 3d view, instead of adding them in the 2d views, add them in the 3d view instead. If that doesn't work then click on Actors=>Full Actor View.

CRF_Griffin
5th Dec 1999, 09:21 PM
it is on full actor view... when i rebuild the level and try to validate it it says i dont have a player start. its just not there.

Who
5th Dec 1999, 09:41 PM
Did you happen to mess around with the scripts for these objects???
Try this anyway,right click on the light object in the classes window and go to default properties,advanced and make sure bhiddened is false
do you see anything at all in any of the views when you add the player start??

Githianki
6th Dec 1999, 10:58 PM
Make sure that you are putting them IN the room. Line it up in all views. Maybe this is the prob?