UE3 - UT3 copying custom map content

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
how do i copy custom map content from DM-firstmap to an external package like MyAssets.upk ?
im trying the whole weekend and i keep getting errors.

if i duplicate the wanted materials they will get copied to my new folder, but i cant save the package, it will give me the message
"Can't save package blahblablahMaAssets.upk: Graph is linked to object in external package. try to find the chain of references to that object (may take some time)?" if i press no UT3 crashes if i press yes i getthe message "Couldn"t save package. Check log window for further details."

then in the log it says Error: Error deleting file 'J:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Save.tmp' (GetLastError: 32)
Warning: Can't save J:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\MyAssets.upk: Graph is linked to object Texture2D DM-firstmap.dak1normal (ReferencedTextures) in external map package

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
External reference error means that the material is referencing assets (texture, normal map, any of the elements comprising the material) from another package. Usually this doesn't really have to give off errors, but seeing as it may reference from a 'mylevel' type package, it'll cause problems.

The way to fix this is to copy all your textures (red outline) first, save that as a package, and then duplicate the materials into the package and open the materials up to replace the texture references to the textures in the new package rather than the mylevel location.

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
thats exactly what i did, but soomehow it seems to stick to the other package.

i treyed different things, delete textures from the material from Mylevel package first before importing to new package and then saving, delete textures from material after importing material to new package. it still doesnt save although the references are deleted.

also what means " graph is linked to object Texture2D DM-firstmap2.dak1normal (ReferencedTextures) in external map package"
What do the mean with "graph"

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Well, clearly you are still doing it in a way that references the old assets, so I'd check again. The message containing 'graph' is a generic message for any external references. This happens in material creation, kismet when dealing with multiple streaming levels, and the like.