PDA

View Full Version : Homefront Thread

Kantham
12th Mar 2011, 03:34 PM
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4388/homefrontbanner.jpg

Developer: Kaos Studios (Known for Frontlines: Fuel of War)
Publisher: TH?
MSRP PC: $49.99
MSRP Consoles: $59.99
Official website: http://www.homefront-game.com/
Platforms: PC, XBOX 360, PS3
Release date: 15 Mars 2011 (All platforms)
Modding tools: Possibility for post release (?)

Homefront is the combination of fast paced shooting known in Call of Duty games combined with the teamplay found in large scale battle like Battlefield. The game runs on the Unreal Engine 3.

It has a campaign, and a multiplayer experience that mix up (as mentioned above) BF and COD together. It's definitively the best way to describe the game. Perks, vehicles, and gameplay mechanics that resembles to a COD game.

You get Battle points as you complete objectives, kills infantry or destroy vehicles. Basically, points for helping your team. With these, you can buy vehicles when you spawn, or buy some items on the fly like anti-armor RL's. So you do not have that one medic class, or anti-armor class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlISRWqns5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EUwA1U0meg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsgREJDrxJU

Cr4zyB4st4rd
12th Mar 2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cEk5FJLXww

The only PC footage I managed to find yesterday :D

At the moment Im not buying it, mainly because THQ have decided to not make it avaliable on digital distribution in the UK -.-

Looks like it could be good and the PC version might not be **** considering DE have been on it.

Capt.Toilet
12th Mar 2011, 05:55 PM
Game isn't even out and the tards are already making hacks for it? Someone is slacking.

Kantham
12th Mar 2011, 05:57 PM
Anyone knows the anti-cheat solution for Homefront? Other than server admins.

Hazel.H
12th Mar 2011, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cEk5FJLXww
Thanks for posting, I'll notify the relevant authorities :p

Slainchild
12th Mar 2011, 06:01 PM
Anyone knows the anti-cheat solution for Homefront? Other than server admins.
Steamworks, VAC, etc.

http://community.homefront-game.com/blog-post/pc-blog-2-exclusive-pc-features

BITE_ME
12th Mar 2011, 06:24 PM
Sounds like Counter Strike is using UE3.
And they added vehicles.

dragonfliet
12th Mar 2011, 07:42 PM
I'm curious about this game, to be sure. The campaign, as it's been described, sounds surprisingly nuanced, but then again, it's written by the same guy who wrote Red Dawn (and is almost the same freaking scenario), so I have my doubts. Multiplayer looks fun, if something I predict getting tired of quickly.

All that being said, I preordered it because I sort of want this and I sort of want Metro 2033 and for $50 for the two of 'em, sure, why not.

~Jason

Cr4zyB4st4rd
12th Mar 2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for posting, I'll notify the relevant authorities :p

:lol:

Now can you get it on Steam in the UK? Slain couldn't be bothered :mad:

(GR)Killer
12th Mar 2011, 10:29 PM
Should i buy this? i quit COD4 just over a month ago, and probably wont play anymore cods.

NRG
13th Mar 2011, 12:27 AM
Looks quite similar to COD in many ways based off the gameplay videos in Kant's post.

(GR)Killer
13th Mar 2011, 12:58 AM
Should i buy this? i quit COD4 just over a month ago, and probably wont play anymore cods.

Decided to just buy it. Who from here has bought it? By bought i mean pre order.

Hazel.H
13th Mar 2011, 12:17 PM
Now can you get it on Steam in the UK? Slain couldn't be bothered :mad:
I don't know, this is the first I've heard about it not being available in the UK. I'll try to find out :hmm:

BlackFish
13th Mar 2011, 12:44 PM
I've been paying attention to this and sort of been wanting it, and it might happen on my next paycheck if it gets good enough attention. However I reinstalled UT3 and got UT3Dom and mapmixer to futz with so I might be glued to that for a while, especially after growing tired of MW2

N1ghtmare
13th Mar 2011, 11:17 PM
Don't want to buy another COD. I now either go for over-the-top shooters or realistic ones.

*Hypthen fixed for cannothams readability.

Kantham
13th Mar 2011, 11:18 PM
... top shooters?

NRG
13th Mar 2011, 11:43 PM
Over-the-top shooters.

N1ghtmare
14th Mar 2011, 12:00 AM
Over-the-top shooters.

Indeed.

Godfrey.Payans
14th Mar 2011, 06:50 AM
Decided to just buy it. Who from here has bought it? By bought i mean pre order.

I've pre-ordered it in NZ, so I'm surprised if it's not available in the UK. There was some discussion of it a few weeks ago which gave the developers some good press.

aCRaSSiCauDa
14th Mar 2011, 08:39 AM
Hmmm, it's tempting.

Bullsh!t, 10GB download...

Bi()ha2arD
14th Mar 2011, 08:48 AM
I've pre-ordered it in NZ, so I'm surprised if it's not available in the UK. There was some discussion of it a few weeks ago which gave the developers some good press.

It's on amazon, but aparantly not on steam in the UK.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
14th Mar 2011, 09:56 AM
It's on amazon, but aparantly not on steam in the UK.
Ye, infact its even uncut and available in Germany.

I can purchase it from a store and get it on a disc in the UK. What I can't do is obtain it on digital distribution Steam, Direct 2 Drive etc. Which is retarded because the game is a steamworks title so no matter where I buy it I have to use steam to play it. So it just makes no sense atall as to why the hell I can't purchase it on steam in the UK, but anywhere else in the world that gets steam can.

Kantham
14th Mar 2011, 06:37 PM
Just bought the game on Steam.
This game has no pre-load option available. Just a heads up.

Bullsh!t, 10GB download...

Actually it's around 6.5 GB. Pretty standard...

(GR)Killer
14th Mar 2011, 08:24 PM
Just bought the game on Steam.
This game has no pre-load option available. Just a heads up.

Actually it's around 6.5 GB. Pretty standard...

The game JUST got preload, i am preloading it now. Steam finally allowing preloading. It's probably going to take 3-4 hours.... :/ 1.7 MB/S.

Hazel.H
14th Mar 2011, 08:36 PM
Apparently the game wasn't properly listed on Steam in the UK. I haven't heard anything about it not being available or the release being delayed. From what I've heard it's still 18th March.

Disclaimer: not an official statement :p

Cr4zyB4st4rd
14th Mar 2011, 09:02 PM
Hmm, I know it used to be on the Steam UK site. Guess i'll just have to wait for release day and hope. But as there isnt any official statement on the matter from THQ/Kaos/DE/Steam who knows.

(GR)Killer
14th Mar 2011, 10:07 PM
The game JUST got preload, i am preloading it now. Steam finally allowing preloading. It's probably going to take 3-4 hours.... :/ 1.7 MB/S.

Preloaded now in under 2 hours. Just under 2 hours untill launch. Guess i'll be working out at the gym earlier tonight.

SnaKe-Fu
14th Mar 2011, 10:49 PM
Preloaded! I'm really looking forward to the Single Player campaign, and I'm hoping the Multi Player can hold me over for a while.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
14th Mar 2011, 11:09 PM
Must lemme know if it's any good might have to bug someone to buy it for me on steam and gift it. UK doesn't get it until the 18th :/

(GR)Killer
15th Mar 2011, 12:06 AM
I'm just about to play it... I'll let you know how the MP is.

(GR)Killer
15th Mar 2011, 12:24 AM
I'm just about to play it... I'll let you know how the MP is.

On second thought i'll play SP first. But there are TONS of servers. You can also quick scope like COD, i had a sick q scope kill.

Kantham
15th Mar 2011, 12:31 AM
Some thread over Steam forums makes me lol.

No headphone support? (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1792798)
wow cant join multiplayer keeps crashing (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1792796)

"wow im playing the game before unlock then somehow cry about multi not working properly style."

Slainchild
15th Mar 2011, 12:40 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/

That's... a large ad. :lol:

(GR)Killer
15th Mar 2011, 12:59 AM
Completed first mission. It reminds me of a call of duty single player. Even the bus scene is similar to that car scene. You are some uber leet guy who has to follow 2 people through a swarm of bad guys and you're fighting through a crappy urban area that's had 1 too many fights. It's the year 2026 or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb65eSXQbTU

N1ghtmare
15th Mar 2011, 01:04 AM
Everyone here is buying it for the MP? What do you guys expect it is going to be?

Vaskadar
15th Mar 2011, 01:41 AM
I'm not buying this. It's another modern shooter diversion that will bore the living crap out of me within a week.

Sir_Brizz
15th Mar 2011, 03:06 AM
I played the first couple of levels. It's actually impressively good, considering. It's no Call of Duty, but it IS a thousand times better than Frontlines.

The level design so far has been interesting. The bus ride succeeded in pissing me off at the Korean occupation force. There is even an area where you have to defend a lady in her house holding a baby.

I did not have very high hopes for this game up front, but I am always happy to be proved wrong. There may be some various issues, but this seems like the first serious military shooter on Unreal Engine.

Right now my biggest frustration is that grenades don't bounce, and they look like crap when they are sitting on the ground.

kiff
15th Mar 2011, 03:33 AM
watch out for the white white phosphorus :eek:

(GR)Killer
15th Mar 2011, 04:08 AM
Played a bunch of MP, it's pretty fun if the other team does not spawn camp you to death. When you get on a kill streak you become number 1 threat to the enemy. I went on a few 10 kill streaks. Their SMG is a really really good weapon to use to make people rage hard. For example....i was capturing B on 1 of the maps and killed 8 guys in a matter of 20 seconds. SMG is very effective (can be long range too), i'd say it's way better then the Assault. The sniper i have only tried a few times, and the other guns i have not tested yet.

SlayerDragon
15th Mar 2011, 06:32 AM
I played a demo of the game at PAX East. It really seemed like yet another call of duty game.

Actually, it led to a slightly awkward moment. At one point one of the characters yells to the main character, "Yeah now you've got Korean blood on you, you're part of the resistance now!" and a Korean girl was standing next to me watching me play. lol

Kantham
15th Mar 2011, 10:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb65eSXQbTU

Oh man.

That tank must have been frustrating to lose. But then, his fault for taking the risk of driving it in the "outer zone".

Cr4zyB4st4rd
15th Mar 2011, 10:48 AM
The SP seems to be rather short going from the Steam forums but it sounds like the MP is solid.

And I've found out why it isn't avaliable on Steam in the UK, or D2D.

It's deliberate. THQ have some sort of deal with UK retailers to make their PC games retail exclusive for a while. It's ironic, because it's the high street retailers that have done their best to kill off PC gaming because they can't sell second hand PC games due to DRM, then they do deals to make Steamworks games retail exclusive!
Because GAME/HMV decided that they wouldn't stock any steamworks games, because they wouldn't make money by people buying them from steam, couldn't handle the competition clearly.. They figured to make a deal, where homefront is retail exclusive.
The best bit right now is I can pre-order the stealcased limited edition one for the PC from game for 24.99. Or use Game's pathetic attempt at a digital distribution service to get the download for 29.99.
And if I was to purchase it in-store I'dd have to go to the back of the shop on the single selection of shelves to find a copy for the PC. They don't get that PC games sell differently to console games. So they have to **** everything up.

Anyway enough of that, back to homefront.

Kantham
15th Mar 2011, 01:57 PM
I'm just in the early campaign part. Game is fun, it's hard for me to believe these are the same developers that made Frontlines.

My only concern at the moment would be in the mobility. Specifically, the overall pace in the campaign, it seems like sprinting not really making a noticeable difference when moving around, yet prone is nearly instantaneous, feels weird.

As for the visuals, The PC ones seems far superior especially in texture resolutions. I haven't seen a game with such detailed textures in some time. The developer spend time working on the PC version as a beneficial version. I also heard you only get cockpit view in the PC version.

I'm in the early stages of the game right now, but I'm sure that for the mere 50, anyone who enjoyed BF and/or COD should support these developers.

I seriously hope they consider mod support for the game.

(GR)Killer
15th Mar 2011, 03:58 PM
I played a demo of the game at PAX East. It really seemed like yet another call of duty game.

Actually, it led to a slightly awkward moment. At one point one of the characters yells to the main character, "Yeah now you've got Korean blood on you, you're part of the resistance now!" and a Korean girl was standing next to me watching me play. lol

Aiming person to person feels exactly like cod.

I love the SMG, such a beast of a weapon....i hope they don't nerf it or anything.

I seriously hope they consider mod support for the game.

Same here.

dragonfliet
15th Mar 2011, 04:14 PM
Gave multi a quick go last night and enjoyed it. It feels VERY much like COD, but the larger maps and je ne sais quoi make it fresh enough to not feel like a clone. I would say I prefer it to COD, but on the same hand, it's not as pretty (seriously, why is this game so mediocre looking?). I'll get to SP and some real multi after I get DA2 out of the way (Spring Break ftw).

~Jason

Kantham
15th Mar 2011, 04:35 PM
I just can't emphasize how the sprint speed is driving me nuts in single player (which is about 1.2 times faster than just WALKING). I hope the multi has more speed to it.

GO AWAY, TANK IS SHOOTING YOU.
GO AWAY, RPG.
GO AWAY, GRENADE.
MOVE IN, KILL STUFF.

You know, I try, but Jackob just doesn't know how to use his freaking legs properly. What can I say? I run faster than Jackob with a RPG on my back IRL. That is for sure. Pilot doesn't have it in him.

Hard difficulty really is Hard BTW. Aimboty AI at times.

I'm all for a cover game, sometimes it's just too much because of the movement nerf. Anyway, very solid so far nonetheless.

(GR)Killer
15th Mar 2011, 05:29 PM
Hard difficulty isn't even the top end difficulty....

(GR)Killer
15th Mar 2011, 06:21 PM
Well...i see the BF nerds are in full force. Whole matches consist of camping in helicopters and tanks. I've never liked vehicles.

Sir_Brizz
15th Mar 2011, 06:21 PM
Gave multi a quick go last night and enjoyed it. It feels VERY much like COD, but the larger maps and je ne sais quoi make it fresh enough to not feel like a clone. I would say I prefer it to COD, but on the same hand, it's not as pretty (seriously, why is this game so mediocre looking?). I'll get to SP and some real multi after I get DA2 out of the way (Spring Break ftw).

~Jason
It's funny because the primary characters look awesome, but any tertiary characters look like utter shiz. I think that's the problem, the only things that look great in terms of texture and animation are things you encounter consistently in your travels.

The worst thing is throwing a grenade. It doesn't bounce or roll at all, it just sticks to the ground with the pin part standing straight up... good job there, guys...

The levels actually look pretty good, though. At least it doesn't look as bland and mediocre as Frontlines did.

(GR)Killer
15th Mar 2011, 06:37 PM
What's your guys MP levels? i'm level 18.

Kantham
15th Mar 2011, 06:46 PM
Finished the campaign on hard, and played for an hour or so of multiplayer up to level 10. Here's some cons/remarks.

Short campaign, yes. Definitely.
Aim down the sights is removed as you ADS and prone, freaking annoying and gets me killed A LOT. You got to get used to it.
Weird collision at times. I got stuck using the heavy tank on a parachute mesh laying on the ground in multiplayer.
Base rape-y spawn locations. People need to learn to use Humvee's/tanks more often. They spend it on drones or Hellfires at the moment.
32 players is just amazingly bad in some maps (like the one with the overpass)
Framerates tend to drop after a few minutes of multiplayer, starts with 60 FPS, drops to 30 for weird reasons. Same player count at all times.
No way to filter friendly fire servers from the browser. So expect to play on friendly fire servers and get team killed A LOT. Either accidentally or because there's just so much stuff going on.

I'm not really negative toward the MP, but it certainly isn't as good as I expected it to be. It feels like a Battlefield more than a COD game in my personal opinion.

but the larger maps and je ne sais quoi make it fresh enough

Good to see Frenchies are inspirational to you peeps.

Slainchild
15th Mar 2011, 08:26 PM
What's your guys MP levels? i'm level 18.

24 :B

Due to them not resetting anyone's stats from playing the internal beta versions. :p

The second sniper rifle is badass btw, with a thermal scope. I would like dead bodies to darken in that view, so I can tell the difference between prone campers and ragdolls.

Kantham
15th Mar 2011, 08:42 PM
Yep, FPS always drop to a consistent 28 in the FARM map after a few minutes. Anyone else getting this?

Cr4zyB4st4rd
15th Mar 2011, 08:47 PM
Framerates tend to drop after a few minutes of multiplayer, starts with 60 FPS, drops to 30 for weird reasons. Same player count at all times.

Sounds like a memory leak.

Finally got a pre-order so i'll be able to play come Friday hopefully.

Kantham
15th Mar 2011, 09:32 PM
Adding the editor shortcut to the EXE shortcut's target ask you if you want to rebuild scripts, then crash if either yes or no.

Never seen that one before.

Bi()ha2arD
16th Mar 2011, 09:06 AM
shouldn't that be the make switch?

On second thought, disregard that.

(GR)Killer
16th Mar 2011, 09:19 PM
Games like COD, and Homefront where it's easy to aim target to target like it's nothing, what is the name for that? mouse accelleration or something? then you got other games where it's really hard aiming because it does not have that smoothness to it.

NRG
17th Mar 2011, 12:59 AM
That's called ****ty mouse support.

(GR)Killer
17th Mar 2011, 02:19 AM
Saw my first cheater....7000 points 1 map, 65 kills 12 deaths the 2nd map. Probably walling...some people even get 8000 points.

SnaKe-Fu
17th Mar 2011, 02:54 AM
Saw my first cheater....7000 points 1 map, 65 kills 12 deaths the 2nd map. Probably walling...some people even get 8000 points.

So you're not sure, but you're going to call him a cheater none-the-less?

(GR)Killer
17th Mar 2011, 04:13 AM
So you're not sure, but you're going to call him a cheater none-the-less?

Pretty much. The games not been out long enough to know the maps in and out like this guy.

Kantham
17th Mar 2011, 11:31 AM
It depends on server rules, but 3000 is pretty damn good score on most server. If someone gets 8000 on one of those, well, yeah, that's highly questionable.

Especially on short games.
Thanks to KAOS, cheaters can't be spotted in killcams. :rolleyes:

(GR)Killer
17th Mar 2011, 10:30 PM
It depends on server rules, but 3000 is pretty damn good score on most server. If someone gets 8000 on one of those, well, yeah, that's highly questionable.

Most i have had was close to 5000 but it was TDM. and i had 44 kills. 65 kills is possible but a small server, this was a full server full of campers every inch of the map on the point capture maps. Apparently there are lots of hackers ingame now. I've only seen the 1 though. I've had a few 3000 scores (everyone else was 1000 or less :/ wtf they were doing i have no clue). The guy had 20-3 score in 2 and a half minutes (the cheater i posted about)..... But i havn't been good since the first 2 days, now it's all camp camp camp with snipers or stay in airplanes/helis all map long or camp the spawns. Maps are so wide open it's hard not to die by the extremly OVERPOWERED snipers. Thankfully you see their name when they are open and you're looking at their area. I'm so used to cod and run and gun i need to adapt a slower paced cover to cover flank surprise.

Kantham
17th Mar 2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah spotted one possible forever alone or hacker today as well.
My guess is forever alone because I got to kill him head on once. His score was atrocious, 4,5k when the rest barely had 1,2k on both teams.

Honestly, the more I play this game, the more it looks like a 20 bucks value mod, made by a decent modding community, not a retail product that actually had a lot of polish, like they claim their game to be.

(GR)Killer
17th Mar 2011, 11:20 PM
I'd say to people wanting to buy this game not to right now. It's a mess and if you aint sniping you are dieing.

Kantham
17th Mar 2011, 11:28 PM
TDM is just dumb, stop playing it. And sniping is scrubmode, no scope sway makes sniping incredibely easy for FPS veteran with 60 FPS.

Tweaking the visuals in this game doesn't seem to even work properly at the moment. I can't have a steady 60 FPS no matter what I tried. Very low resolution textures still look like very high quality to me. Doesn't make any sense, and the changes are applied from their UI, too. Not me digging in the INI's directly.

(GR)Killer
17th Mar 2011, 11:34 PM
TDM is just dumb, stop playing it. And sniping is scrubmode, no scope sway makes sniping incredibely easy for FPS veteran with 60 FPS.

Tweaking the visuals in this game doesn't seem to even work properly at the moment. I can't have a steady 60 FPS no matter what I tried. Very low resolution textures still look like very high quality to me. Doesn't make any sense, and the changes are applied from their UI, too. Not me digging in the INI's directly.

I rarely play TDM, i like playing the objective game mode.

800x600 res
graphics on low

See no difference really between high res and graphics and low res and graphics.

Kantham
17th Mar 2011, 11:37 PM
That's right. I also tried the 800x600 res and very low.

In Crysis 2, I could play their gamer settings in 800x600 in multiplayer and leaked SP, and RARELY get a full GPU load. In other words, a completely steady 60 FPS.

(GR)Killer
17th Mar 2011, 11:39 PM
How is Crysis 2 demo? i never got it. I like their map editor but it's really complicated.

Kantham
17th Mar 2011, 11:48 PM
To get in a complete topic derail, the multiplayer isn't really all that engaging. But the campaign is quite long (7-9 if you play on high difficulties) and the mod support for the game will make Crysis 2 shinne bright.

Moreso on the topic, if Homefront could also have mod support, it would help. Their FAQ indicates they will support that idea if people are showing interests. I'm still extremely skeptical.

(GR)Killer
18th Mar 2011, 01:04 AM
Someone else called this guy out on the steam forums, the one i said was hacking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IUvM3zhVIw

A crappy video of the guy.

Kyllian
18th Mar 2011, 02:11 AM
Dear god, the guy could have at least put the camera on a damn stack of books

He's even running Fraps X|

Slainchild
18th Mar 2011, 10:09 AM
Cool name! (VaticanWarlock) :lol:

SlayerDragon
18th Mar 2011, 10:35 AM
I love how all new shooter threads basically devolve into Kantham and (GR) Killer talking about their KDR and hackers.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
18th Mar 2011, 01:48 PM
I've spent a good few hours playing it now, the multiplayer that is, not the singleplayer, haven't touched it.

It's a solid game rough around the edges. It's got everything it needs to make it a good game. But it'll need patches to make stuff work.
I think im with most other people, snipers seem too powerful, they should be one shot kill headshots, and 2 to body, the m200 with thermal (haven't unlocked yet) but every time i've picked one up, it's so ridiculously easy to get kills, the people are overly visible and the one shot kill makes it a joke.
Saying that, Snipers haven't stopped me dominating games. SMG or Assault class are awesome, flank the enemy get up behind them and you have tons of free kills. mmm quad feeds. And picking up streaks is easy as hell, running around enemies is no problem. The damage on guns is a bit insane at first, but with cover that is actually cover and not wallbang-able you can usually get out of the enemies LOS rather quickly in most maps unless you blind ran out across a street. Then again most people seem that bad, going into prone and shooting them back works a treat too.
I've not got to grips with the heli controls yet. But they can dominate a game, or get taken out instantly depends if your enemies seem to care about it. Then again half the time I end up too high up it seems and the game kills me for that because I forget how to go down :D
It feels like a rather nice mix between BF and COD and the PC version isn't **** for once, options galore, server browser works. Although by default seems to want to search for 2 player servers and wont stick to what I last looked for. The netcode appears to be rather epic, 32 player games and 6ms ping it feels like it's on LAN, shots hit what they should, not been above a 10ms ping as of yet to servers across europe.
FPS is a solid 60 for me, 1920x1200, cant remember texture res but it's not highest, maps are rather wide open so I can't complain.

Although it feels like a game that's full of campers, that'll change once people figure out the camp spots and expect people to be hiding in bushes, if you use cover properly snipers rarely get a chance.

It could do with mods however, mutators would help fix tiny things, like that godamn pointless camera fly in. And the few maps would easily be turned into many. There are a ton of files in the game directory for the editor, script files, upks etc, just doesn't appear to be in the exe.

It doesn't look amazing, nor is it revolutionary, but it works it's got some decent gameplay and hopefully it'll get mod tools.

Kantham
18th Mar 2011, 04:13 PM
I love how all new shooter threads basically devolve into Kantham and (GR) Killer talking about their KDR and hackers.

I spoke about a possible hacker once out of the 40-or-so comments I made in the topic?
As for KDR, you're a moron if you think I'm still into that.

The main reason why I got into Homefront is because of the battlepoint system, which basically keeps the whole "Keep a high kill/death ratio" crap at bay.
I don't even know why I bother replying to your annoyingly falsified observations.

Get back to watching Foxnews.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
18th Mar 2011, 05:01 PM
hooray aimbotting fag #1.

Bit obvious tbh

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558651520413483937/57A5B56D328E1DB4D222B8B1995B3C7365943DB5/

(GR)Killer
18th Mar 2011, 08:38 PM

Cool story, bro. Keep on living in your fantasy world where you think you're right.

(GR)Killer
18th Mar 2011, 09:01 PM
I've spent a good few hours playing it now, the multiplayer that is, not the singleplayer, haven't touched it.

It's a solid game rough around the edges. It's got everything it needs to make it a good game. But it'll need patches to make stuff work.
I think im with most other people, snipers seem too powerful, they should be one shot kill headshots, and 2 to body, the m200 with thermal (haven't unlocked yet) but every time i've picked one up, it's so ridiculously easy to get kills, the people are overly visible and the one shot kill makes it a joke.
Saying that, Snipers haven't stopped me dominating games. SMG or Assault class are awesome, flank the enemy get up behind them and you have tons of free kills. mmm quad feeds. And picking up streaks is easy as hell, running around enemies is no problem. The damage on guns is a bit insane at first, but with cover that is actually cover and not wallbang-able you can usually get out of the enemies LOS rather quickly in most maps unless you blind ran out across a street. Then again most people seem that bad, going into prone and shooting them back works a treat too.
I've not got to grips with the heli controls yet. But they can dominate a game, or get taken out instantly depends if your enemies seem to care about it. Then again half the time I end up too high up it seems and the game kills me for that because I forget how to go down :D
It feels like a rather nice mix between BF and COD and the PC version isn't **** for once, options galore, server browser works. Although by default seems to want to search for 2 player servers and wont stick to what I last looked for. The netcode appears to be rather epic, 32 player games and 6ms ping it feels like it's on LAN, shots hit what they should, not been above a 10ms ping as of yet to servers across europe.
FPS is a solid 60 for me, 1920x1200, cant remember texture res but it's not highest, maps are rather wide open so I can't complain.

Although it feels like a game that's full of campers, that'll change once people figure out the camp spots and expect people to be hiding in bushes, if you use cover properly snipers rarely get a chance.

It could do with mods however, mutators would help fix tiny things, like that godamn pointless camera fly in. And the few maps would easily be turned into many. There are a ton of files in the game directory for the editor, script files, upks etc, just doesn't appear to be in the exe.

It doesn't look amazing, nor is it revolutionary, but it works it's got some decent gameplay and hopefully it'll get mod tools.

SMG is deadly at long range, that's pretty funny. I say change the weapon damage a little bit, instead of making it this easy to kill someone make it take 2 more shots to kill someone, i agree about the sniper. 1 shot=headshot, 2 for body shots. I'd like to know your trick to flanking the enemy in this game. I can try but i always seem to expose myself from some other angle at a different sniper spot at the other end of the map.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
18th Mar 2011, 10:20 PM
SMG is deadly at long range, that's pretty funny. I say change the weapon damage a little bit, instead of making it this easy to kill someone make it take 2 more shots to kill someone, i agree about the sniper. 1 shot=headshot, 2 for body shots. I'd like to know your trick to flanking the enemy in this game. I can try but i always seem to expose myself from some other angle at a different sniper spot at the other end of the map.

Run like a bitch, hide in bushes :D

One game I was lucky enough to get a guy with a drone following me. omg drone spotter + you flanking = rape. It's pretty much a wallhack, boxes around players. They don't stand a chance, had a 19ks earlier as a result of that.

(GR)Killer
18th Mar 2011, 10:33 PM
When you randomly get "connection lost" froma server that is running does that mean you were kicked? it's like that in cod so jw.

(GR)Killer
19th Mar 2011, 04:54 AM

Not anymore....played a cap game and reached 8000 points so it's possible now. But 10 000 must be very hard.

Kantham
19th Mar 2011, 09:34 AM
Not anymore....played a cap game and reached 8000 points so it's possible now. But 10 000 must be very hard.

It's NOW possible because YOU just reached it? :lol: :lol:

More importantly, I did say the guy was FAR ahead of everyone else in the server after a mid-game period of time. Hence why it was fishy.

Post your average FPS ITT. Guys. I get around 45 on game start, then as the game progresses, I get around 30. Main reason why I haven't played the game in 3 days. It's terrible how these clue-less developers have next to no idea on how to optimize a game for the PC platform nowadays.

Lruce Bee
19th Mar 2011, 11:04 AM
The marketing budget must have been absolutely massive for this game because it's in my face everywhere I go.
The reviews seem very average though.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
19th Mar 2011, 11:46 AM
Scout heli is epic win. If people don't shoot it with an RPG you just dominate. Finally got a 5 star threat in it after getting used to the heli controls so I don't crash into everything.

My FPS as provided by fraps -
Frames || Time (ms) || Min || Max || Avg
124947 || 1702648 ||| 5 ||| 261 ||| 73.384

The low and highs are from menus and the game freezing slightly on steam screenshots. But yeah 30minutes worth of benchmarking 70FPS avg.

Kantham
19th Mar 2011, 06:11 PM
Forcing the game to DX9 helped, but the game still runs at a completely unplayable 30 FPS around the round switch in GC.

It's impossible to find a competent PC developer on the shooter market these days.

Kantham
19th Mar 2011, 11:30 PM
So here's a funny scenario, SlayerDragon will love it.

I join a server, it's TDM Commander and I haven't tried that one before, so hell, why not try it out? First game, there's a low life in the server. A blatant aimbot that goes by the name of chaid something camping the spawns.

It looked like there was no server admins handeling this case of faggotery, so in that type of scenario I'd usually end up leaving the server instantaneously, which I did. Then I figured I'd leave TDM be, and join a Capture Point Commander server.

1 game, everything goes along just fine, next game, the same mom's boy is kicking it. Wait a minute?
Just thought I would share this, rather, odd, off pulling moment of a botter that obviously did not stalk me around, but somehow managed to cheat-plague servers all day for a living to a level where we meet again in a very short period of time.

Please break the spine of anyone you know that is hacking in online games for being so ****ing pathetic.

Thank you.

And how the hell do you "Activate parachutes"? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I tried ejecting from a safe distance from the ground, hitting the jump key, and none of these worked. Every time I land, I die. I'm pretty sure there was a parachute operating on my dude last time I tried.

This game is fun, by the way. It's not an exceptionally polished game, but it can be enjoyable. Cheats/Low framerates a-side.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
19th Mar 2011, 11:39 PM
Parachutes suck, take ages to deploy and takes ages for you to be able to move or shoot.

Kantham
19th Mar 2011, 11:48 PM
Hmmm, sounds like they didn't want people abuse the "behind-the-lines-airborne-infantry" thing.
Still doesn't answer my question though: How do you operate it?

(GR)Killer
20th Mar 2011, 02:00 AM
I think it's bugged.

I dunno why you have problems with the game, it runs fine for the most part on my PC. Odd time my game keeps freezing or i lose connection and you see everyone run into walls. I really like this game, and now that i have given it a second try and trying a different flanking method since Crazy posted but snipers are now so easy to kill. I musta been doing something wrong because i coul not move, i can roam around the map all the time and seem to have been able to find camping spots. Most of their camp spots are easy. If i was good with photoshop i'd put them all on for every map, atleast the main ones since every place is a good camp spot. Also, cover is key...literally KEY! and get used to the space bar, untill they fix snipers you should be jumping around i think. But cover is key! also try shooting under the vehicles (obviously), and lay on the ground moving slowly to the corner but not right at a wall, keep away from the wall a foot or so.

ambershee
20th Mar 2011, 02:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT3aaVokO2U

Kantham
20th Mar 2011, 10:56 AM
2 things

I noticed the FPS Problem I'm getting is relevant to Ground Control round swap. The FPS drop as soon as the swap is done, I'm guessing it's the memory in my grafic card that can't handle it. But then 5000 bucks says that if I put a 1GB GPU like I did twice back then, I still get no difference.

Oh and I ran over some guy last night with a Humvee (man do I do that often, probably have 50 roadrage kills by now) He's send flying above the overpass. I get to the other end of it, I see him landing in front of me.

I lol'ed hard.
Raddoll is so messed up at times, I recall using a Wolverine to clean a sniper nest, as I killed one of them he was also send flying in nonsense from bullet fire.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
20th Mar 2011, 11:35 AM
Man just had some insane BC TDM rape. If I played this with friends im sure it would be possible every game.

Basically, I rush with M4+Reddot a teammate of mine jumps in a parrot drone, starts spotting everything. So Im pretty much wallhacking, get a 10 killstreak before his drone goes down, but now i've rushed so much im the only one of my team on this side of the map, whole team is the other side and the enemies are in the middle. Commence another 6 easy kills before I take a humvee to the face.

Now I have enough points for an apache. Before anyone else has 5 kills.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558651520443142649/FDB205F717F77B7519325D04ED2CAAAADFA1ADE2/

I got about 14 or so kills with Apache #1. After which I tried to parachute but hit a building and died, because parachutes are pathetic.

Forgot to SS that. On my next life I thought to myself Wonder if i got enough points for another apache?
Yes.
After Apache #2 rape session 39-3
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558651520443145609/F2F0AD8F0D1D2BF205CD9B5BA7EC18CAD730B818/

After the enemy team are now shooting me with about 5 RPGs I finally died.

Respawn and what's that STILL enough points for an Apache?! Well why the **** not. Jump into apache #3 and kill some more, don't live very long someone got a scout heli and with the 5+ RPG's now shooting me I went down rather quick.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558651520443143676/D7B8F53515E152BCE8F4E2A0D986124F2DB61F95/

Apache #4? Alas, no :(
But a triple kill for game win and end of 45-6 :lol:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558651520443144629/556DCAE90FF53AD22815BAE0FA0DF03F99FD2E9E/
Also note HaruhiAA - Artifical Aiming aimbotter. He lost, and didnt kill me once. But he got 7 kills between the last 2 screenshots and he had to join at some point during that..

As for how to operate the parachute Kantham. Hit jump key, but you need enough time for it to realise you're falling, then enough time for it to open and slow you down before hitting the ground. Then about 5 hours to stand up once you land. At which point everyone on the other team has seen your parachute and you die. I've lived one time. Walked around a corner and got a tank shell in the face :/

Kantham
20th Mar 2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks.

Anyone has a favorite rifle? Been trying almost all of them. I can't decide, I think I have a little something for the M16 with silencer. Really useful for flanking enemies unnoticed.

Capt.Toilet
20th Mar 2011, 12:55 PM
Forcing the game to DX9 helped, but the game still runs at a completely unplayable 30 FPS around the round switch in GC.

It's impossible to find a competent PC developer on the shooter market these days.

2 things

I noticed the FPS Problem I'm getting is relevant to Ground Control round swap. The FPS drop as soon as the swap is done, I'm guessing it's the memory in my grafic card that can't handle it. But then 5000 bucks says that if I put a 1GB GPU like I did twice back then, I still get no difference.

Oh and I ran over some guy last night with a Humvee (man do I do that often, probably have 50 roadrage kills by now) He's send flying above the overpass. I get to the other end of it, I see him landing in front of me.

I lol'ed hard.
Raddoll is so messed up at times, I recall using a Wolverine to clean a sniper nest, as I killed one of them he was also send flying in nonsense from bullet fire.

You have said in the past that your pc isn't up to snuff, matter of fact it is just plain broken so why blame it on developer incompetence? Hell why keep bitching about it at all? Swap out that faulty piece of **** motherboard you have and get a new one.

(GR)Killer
20th Mar 2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks.

Anyone has a favorite rifle? Been trying almost all of them. I can't decide, I think I have a little something for the M16 with silencer. Really useful for flanking enemies unnoticed.

I only use the SMG. PWS Diablo!

Cr4zyB4st4rd
20th Mar 2011, 01:42 PM
I only use the SMG. PWS Diablo!

Easy kills.

M4 Reddot is what i've been whoring latley. Silenced M4 was awesome too tho. Just unlocked the AK03 thingy, i'll give it a try later.

Kantham
20th Mar 2011, 02:42 PM
You have said in the past that your pc isn't up to snuff, matter of fact it is just plain broken so why blame it on developer incompetence? Hell why keep bitching about it at all? Swap out that faulty piece of **** motherboard you have and get a new one.

Um, people on the forums are having the same issues I have?
People with Core I7 are having problems? I'll still blame it on the developer's competence on the pc platform, and their terribad QA.

I already had plans of changing that faulty piece of **** motherboard thank you very much, people tell me to wait for Sandy bridge to get fixed, and ETC. But I'm still looking into buying new hardware soon, hopefully that'll help at some point. But seriously, BO and now this game did have some performance issues as you compare them to other games on the market that did not. And yes, on this faulty piece of **** motherboard.

===========

PWS Diablo is good? I tried the vector and it had terrible range, so I decided to drop it. ACR is my favorite all around, but I like M16 + Silencer for flanking better.

Anyway, the retard I was talking about in post #87 popped on another server I was playing on for the 3rd time now. This is right down pathetic, and I know he's not stalking me, since I haven't said anything to anyone. I just don't get it. I played on 6 different servers since last night, 3 servers in which he was there eventually or as I joined.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
20th Mar 2011, 03:48 PM
Here's an interesting fact about Homefront.

VAC isn't even enabled yet.

Congratulations developers you're idiots :(

(GR)Killer
20th Mar 2011, 04:27 PM
Yeah the Diablo is good, infact it's great! it probably needs a little nerfing long range because long range an SMG is not supposed to be this good, but close range and medium range it's what an SMG needs to be...DEADLY! and kills fast because it's a rushing gun. It's the default SMG. I use the red dot sight with it.

I use fast reload and hipfire so i can just shoot while i am running instead of stopping to aim. Vector is HORRIBLE! i might try to play around with assault though, i havn't tried silencer on the guns. Is the recoil on silenced bad or good?

Kantham
20th Mar 2011, 05:47 PM
I used the Diablo with Steady aim (which is better ADS aim in this game, not hips) and it is definitively a keeper, low recoil, fast fire rate, decent damage.

I've been getting better with the Apache, and I took 2 out in a game, one with the light tank, then with the humvee. Yes, you read that right. About a complete overheat and a half of rounds sent to an Apache will make it go boom.

I'm pretty sure the guys didn't have a clue on how to take down your Apache's, Crazy.

Did I said I love Humvee's? I doubt I want to look for anything else, once you're used to seat/gunner switching, it's far more efficient than 300 BP. I predict they might nerf that if they work on balancing the game, if not, people will learn it pretty soon.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
20th Mar 2011, 06:42 PM
Best bit on the Homefront forums. All the console player's are complaining that SMG has too much recoil. I ****ing lol'd.

It's got some recoil, but anyone who sprays unless it's up close or panic firing fails :P

It's an insane SMG you can practically snipe with it, something I was doing earlier with my redot M4 on angel island, got accused of cheating with it :/

Im not sure what people think. My first Apache was literally never shot with an RPG (certainly not hit by one) They had a humvee or two try and take it out, but a barrage of rockets takes out a humvee no prob. 2nd and 3rd ones suffered RPG spam like hell. guess people don't bother with RPGs on their main classes, unlike Me, got the proximity one, just for the fact I know heli's are nasty if not dealt with.

Kantham
20th Mar 2011, 08:29 PM
I managed to get a successful parachute landing. The fall was probably next to the map's z-limit. And yes, the Diablo is ridiculous. Especially with Steady Aim as it basically gives the weapon MW2's ACR recoil.

I had an Apache last game, it lasted about 40 seconds before they took it down. Because they knew how to deal with it. I don't know, Apaches are really good if you know how to handle them, and the opposite team doesn't have a clue on how to take it down.

If there's a map that is the awful-of-the-bunch in Homefront, it's certainly Angel Island. Huge with extremely open spaces, lots of hills, Sniping galore, 1 sided teams most of the time, ragequit guaranteed. I'm not even sure why this map passed QA, it's ****ing bad. The rest is fine though.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
20th Mar 2011, 10:42 PM
I dunno. I've had some of my highest scoring games on Angel Island. take an Assault/SMG up behind people then steal their sniper and spawn camp them for a bit, die, get apache pwn :p

Just had some amazingly annoying campers on Borderlands, people sitting at edge of map behind containers with snipers/LMGs whilst im running around wondering how well quick scoping works.

It's not bad but I need some more practise :p And although the M200 can be a 1 shot kill across a whole map. Got an amazing amount of hitmarkers trying to QS people :(

Vaskadar
21st Mar 2011, 02:55 AM
In America, you shoot gun.

In Soviet Russia, gun shoot you.

Sir_Brizz
21st Mar 2011, 03:43 AM
Ifinally finished the campaign. Overall pretty pleased with the direction they went. At least, I actually cared about the plot all the way to the end, which tends to help you want to finish the game.

(GR)Killer
21st Mar 2011, 04:48 AM
Ifinally finished the campaign. Overall pretty pleased with the direction they went. At least, I actually cared about the plot all the way to the end, which tends to help you want to finish the game.

I have hardly touched it, i normally don't play much SP. I hate playing alone, i need some people to play with and against which is why i'm always playing MP.

Sir_Brizz
21st Mar 2011, 10:26 AM
Well to be fair the SP is 3 hours at best. Not what I would call amazing length.

Slainchild
21st Mar 2011, 10:45 AM
Well to be fair the SP is 3 hours at best. Not what I would call amazing length.

At the DE launch party last Friday, our combined (drunken) efforts got us to the final level, but no-one could defeat the final "boss". We were playing the PC version with a wireless 360 pad with no sound... :lol:

SlayerDragon
21st Mar 2011, 11:01 AM
At the DE launch party last Friday, our combined (drunken) efforts got us to the final level, but no-one could defeat the final "boss". We were playing the PC version with a wireless 360 pad with no sound... :lol:

This is a good story :tup:

Kantham
21st Mar 2011, 03:33 PM

:lol: Reminds me of that guy (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1794456) over Steam forums.

Okay f*ck this game guys.

I've died 30+ times now on the bridge level where you gotta take out that stupid 6 wheel drone thank thing. This makes no sense, no matter how many time i shoot it, put up copunter measures it never takes damage. Switched the game from hard, to normal, to easy and makes NO DIFFERENCE. WTF is wrong with this level after 40min i don't think it is possible for me to ever beat this...

Anyone else have this issue? FYI up until this point even on hard the game was easy.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
21st Mar 2011, 04:21 PM
http://rush-zone.com/rushtv-live.html

Competitive game, they just had a Q&A with devs that sounded extremely promising for future patches.

Kantham
21st Mar 2011, 04:36 PM
Blah blah blah sponsors, check them out, working on some things, menu screen, loading map, menu screen, loading map, menu screen.

Turned it off.

Kantham
21st Mar 2011, 06:42 PM
Cul-De-Sac. The only times I've seen a single team win 0-2 was because the teams were one-sided. Win a round, let the other team have theirs, defend A and B. Win third round 98% assured.

(GR)Killer
22nd Mar 2011, 01:23 AM
I am thinking about trying out for a clan just to see how this game is like competitivly. Wonder if it would be worth it? cod4 you found promod scrims ALL THE TIME. But i wont look for a clan untill this game is a little better. Less buggy, better performance, and snipers fixed.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
22nd Mar 2011, 09:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxSRhah8Huc

Kantham
22nd Mar 2011, 03:53 PM
*PPPPCCCCCKKK* You have committed suicide.

I wish this game would have a theater option. I loved my super-hax air drone take-down from mid range using my Abrams followed by a Eagle eye on a Z-10.

And my awfully hysterical sniper bad karma chase scenario, where his anti-chopper snipping wannabe took a short end after I spotted him on a billboard, flew above him, did a 180 turn, got on the same level up close and deadly, spammed the **** out of the billboard in a horizontal fashion to a point where his chance of survival was next to 1%.

I like the Z-10, but I MUCH prefer the Abrams. You will get more than 3 kills if the enemy team doesn't know how to take a Z-10 down. I played some semi-pro clanners last night (and my team still won), they had the Z-10's, I had one, I mine lasted about 30 seconds. I get a tank earlier, that thing lasted a good 5 minutes, and was enough rape-y to get me a Z-10.

Play the Abrams like you would play the Goliaths in UT2004, get in and out of sight, use splash damage. Best vehicle in the game. Hellfires will take one down super easy though.

============
Q's of the day:
============

How many drones have you destroyed by smashing them using a Humvee?
At least 15

How many times have you died from joining a teammate's vehicle and he drove the thing out of the combat zone?
At least 5

What's the coolest way you took down an Apache (Z-10)?
Abrams direct hit

Cr4zyB4st4rd
22nd Mar 2011, 03:55 PM
============
Q's of the day:
============

How many times have you died from joining a teammate's vehicle and he drove the thing out of the combat zone?
At least 5

What's the coolest way you took down an Apache (Z-10)?
Abrams direct hit

Atleast 10 times.

And clearly flying directly into another Apache with mine. :D Mid-air fights are awesome fun in this game.

Kantham
22nd Mar 2011, 05:49 PM
So my rank is reset. Here's what happened: I played a couple games last night, I was probably around level 49 when I closed it down.

I join a server named "United Killers" hop in a friendly vehicle (Z-10) shoot some guy capping B, LEVEL UP - Private - Rank... 2?

Okay.

UPDATE: I read more about it on the Intertubes, apparently it's a temporary bug, you have to re-load the game. The bug is also found on the X360 versions, it affects the PC the same way. So if you see your rank being reset, don't sweat it, just close and re-load the game. That should do it.

And about the low framerates, it has something to do with the playercount. People are guessing netcode overload, it's clearly CPU-sided, you stare at the ground, you still get 20-30 FPS sometimes.

SnaKe-Fu
22nd Mar 2011, 06:58 PM
to see how this game is like competitivly. Wonder if it would be worth it?

Let me know what you find out.

Kantham
22nd Mar 2011, 07:35 PM
Diablo all over the place maybe? I unlocked almost every weapons and tested them, nothing equals a Diablo with Silencer attachment, and Steady aim. It 2 shots enemies from any range pretty much, I snipe snipers with it, even with the attachment, I doubt you have any range reduction penalties for using silencers attachments in the game, people don't seem to realize this fact, yet.

I can take 3 average players head on with a Diablo, more if I have cover.

(GR)Killer
22nd Mar 2011, 10:06 PM
Let me know what you find out.

Wont be for a while. Fact that games been out like 10 days with 0 patching shows it's gonna be a LONG time before i even start playing it competitivly. Talk about SSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW game developement.

(GR)Killer
22nd Mar 2011, 10:07 PM
Diablo all over the place maybe? I unlocked almost every weapons and tested them, nothing equals a Diablo with Silencer attachment, and Steady aim. It 2 shots enemies from any range pretty much, I snipe snipers with it, even with the attachment, I doubt you have any range reduction penalties for using silencers attachments in the game, people don't seem to realize this fact, yet.

I can take 3 average players head on with a Diablo, more if I have cover.

I never though about using silencer with Diablo...Diablo is the BEST gun in the game, hands down! I like using Diablo with red dot sight, but i'll definatly try using the silencer now. I tried the Assault with silencer like you mentioned before, seems to take forever to kill people, unless i just need to get used to it?

Cr4zyB4st4rd
22nd Mar 2011, 10:16 PM
tbh. I see no difference using the Diablo over an assault other then running a little quicker. But BF/COD habits have me switching to pistol when I want to run anywhere anyway.

The ACR with a silencer/reddot is awesome. The M4 with a silencer/reddot is awesome, the AK03 thing is pretty awesome no matter what not got reddot on it yet tho. XM10 is a beast, only just got it unlocked, but iron sights along and it owns hard.

Just had a game on low lands. First time I decided to go for a tank and try and not fail. Damn, it's awesome should have used it more. 2 helis shot down in a game, first one took a few shots 2nd one was down in one :D And on lowlands just running the tank around the map following enemies is awesome. They can take some serious damage too. Pretty sure I got 4 guys at once with a shell bodies flying everywhere :P

(GR)Killer
22nd Mar 2011, 11:01 PM
I like the silencer but i have 2 problems in general.

1 - When i am face to face with an enemy sometimes my shots do not register the guy. I had this 1 guy laying on the ground and he was not doing anything, i keep aiming at his head and doing no damage...WTF! i got closer and killed him, only to have the same thing happen up close with another guy.....

2 - I was told this with my ex cod4 clan but i am BLIND! people run past me and i literally do not see them, my eyes are pretty ****ty! i just can't recognize a player in the surroundings because they look like they are part of a vehicle or something. I wish i could make players turn a different color so i can see them. Cod 4 it was the same thing, i could not see players at all.

I also notice there are A LOTTTTTTTT of bad players in this game, holy moley! I thought cod4 was bad, but these guys top them.

Kantham
22nd Mar 2011, 11:15 PM
I also notice there are A LOTTTTTTTT of bad players in this game, holy moley! I thought cod4 was bad, but these guys top them.

There are more players ending with < 700 points every match than there are players gaining > 2000 that's for sure. It's not really a problem, the way I see it, if everyone would be a "beast" at the game, the whole competitive side of the game would reveal it's weaknesses even more.

A few facts:

You can cover half your body in walls, I do that ALL THE TIME when capping a point. Just make sure the surface is thick enough.
You can see legs trough walls, there's no anti-prone technique in the game. Enjoy knifing legs trough walls for WTF moments.
Wolverines are getting you WAY more kills than hellfires, and cost about half the price. You can constantly respawn them.
Humvee is more efficient than people seem to think it is, players don't spawn it often.
Heavy Tanks are hilarious with the increased top speed perk. And they own.
A lot of players save up for Hellfires and Apaches when they're only good in specific situations.
Diablo > anything else, players decent with rifles will have a much easier time with it.
Parachuting in the game is terrible.

Apparently (Not a fact), when banned from a server, you get a "Kicked for being idle" message and for every time you try to re-join it.
Been getting that from a server today, I'm guessing some server admin did not appreciate me playing on his server killing him or his clan mates too much.

(GR)Killer
22nd Mar 2011, 11:27 PM
I think it's time i start using vehicles and drones, do they take long to learn? should probably do a "practise map" and learn them. I've used a Humvee once, an Apache 2 times, and that is all.

I love those WTF moments. Someone is hiding at the other side of a metal fence (seriously...how come you cant kill people through that?) and you see a tiny opening and shoot them and they go WTF!

I play with a mouse sensitivity at 0.7.

Kantham
22nd Mar 2011, 11:35 PM
The Humvee mouse camera is messed up in the ass, I recommend you try not to look around too much, and steer the vehicle with A and D. The camera follows the car's direction, and the mouse look steers the car. Makes no sense whatsoever.

But anyways, Bind seat 1 and Seat 2 to whatever you like, and also bind change camera. Wolverines, Humvees, Heavy Tanks are far more efficient from the 3rd person perspective.

Took me a while to get used, it's funny, there's a bunch of players standing side-road in prone or in bushes expecting me to pass by as they would go unnoticed, I just smoke them instantly by switching to the gunner seat (which is also instantaneous). Good times.

(GR)Killer
22nd Mar 2011, 11:53 PM
QUick tip i just learned. Do not run xfire while playing homefront or it wont load the game, instead play without xfire. Nobody can play the game with xfire running now that homefront is detected.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
23rd Mar 2011, 12:01 AM
QUick tip i just learned. Do not run xfire while playing homefront or it wont load the game, instead play without xfire. Nobody can play the game with xfire running now that homefront is detected.

Oh so they now officially support it and it breaks? Was fine when I'd just modified the xfire config file to notice it. :/

Awesome tip: You can leave drones live in the field
to go back to your character to move and hide elsewhere then go back to your drone. key to get out of a vehicle will go back, same key to buy the drone gets you back in control.

(GR)Killer
23rd Mar 2011, 12:03 AM
It works now, you just need to do some tweaking and it takes 2 seconds.

http://www.xfire.com/forums/182686/topic/2465458/ I`ll be broadcasting if anyone wants to watch.

http://www.xfire.com/live_video/pinkeye420/

(GR)Killer
23rd Mar 2011, 12:34 AM
Game is so laggy broadcasting....

Sir_Brizz
23rd Mar 2011, 01:58 AM
Who uses Xfire anymore? ;)

http://www.raptr.com

The guy that started Xfire left them a while back and started Raptr.

(GR)Killer
23rd Mar 2011, 10:47 PM
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/112147661-4.jpg

I hate crappy teams.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
24th Mar 2011, 10:58 AM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048256133890/F36F7DD34A2CE7B00B15616D735A9884C9C8EC62/

Im over 9000!!

So close to 10k :[

Infact im so awesome, the game just gives me points for nothing! Literally :-D

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9419/10bpnothing.jpg

(GR)Killer
24th Mar 2011, 12:27 PM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048256133890/F36F7DD34A2CE7B00B15616D735A9884C9C8EC62/

Im over 9000!!

So close to 10k :[

Is the Apache really that easy?

Cr4zyB4st4rd
24th Mar 2011, 12:55 PM
Is the Apache really that easy?

tbh that was just as much on foot as it was in tank and apache. Had two 15+ killstreaks on foot that game, apache's are easy but if anyone knows how to deal with them they don't last long, which is why I was in tanks more then anything enemy team had a humvee fest at the back of the map.

Kantham
24th Mar 2011, 03:07 PM
Apache is anything but kill girding. It's the most desirable vehicle in the game but it's certainly not the most effective. Once people learn how to use Heavy Tanks, that'll be different.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
24th Mar 2011, 04:36 PM
Apache is anything but kill girding. It's the most desirable vehicle in the game but it's certainly not the most effective. Once people learn how to use Heavy Tanks, that'll be different.

You sure about that? I've easily had 20+ kills in apache's. On open maps like low lands with relatively minimal cover they dominate.

Had soem fun today, accidentally found out you can land helis/bail out on the roofs of the tall multi story buildings in greenzone. If you get up there with a sniper. Well, you get a ton of easy kills.

Kantham
24th Mar 2011, 04:43 PM
An Apache take me down, I take it down after I respawn. If I fail, I get another Humvee, and 100% I take it down. I rarely not been able to quickly take down an Apache after getting killed by it, unless there were 2 on me at once, that did happen. Once.

Seriously, the Apache is not USELESS, it's just not as effective, and if you are effective with it, then you have a bunch of people on the other team that doesn't have a clue on how to take it out.

(GR)Killer
24th Mar 2011, 10:40 PM
So there was this guy in a heli that was on fire and i was shooting him with my turret gun ontop of a humvee and he kills me no problem, i respawn in a 2nd humvee and keep hitting him and die again. The guy was 35-2...he was using some type of unlimited hp glitch on his heli because i saw tons of hit markers on his heli while it was on fire.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
24th Mar 2011, 11:50 PM
So there was this guy in a heli that was on fire and i was shooting him with my turret gun ontop of a humvee and he kills me no problem, i respawn in a 2nd humvee and keep hitting him and die again. The guy was 35-2...he was using some type of unlimited hp glitch on his heli because i saw tons of hit markers on his heli while it was on fire.

Repair perk, maybe? + killstreak repair perk is probably quite a lot of repairing. If he had a gunner with it maybe that helps too, not sure about that tho.

(GR)Killer
25th Mar 2011, 12:32 AM
Repair perk, maybe? + killstreak repair perk is probably quite a lot of repairing. If he had a gunner with it maybe that helps too, not sure about that tho.

Does it really repair super fast or something? i have never used it.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
25th Mar 2011, 08:37 PM
Idk, I figure that's what it could have been tho :p

Also new patch scheduled for next week - http://www.homefront-game.com/blog-post/homefront-pc-patch-103-announced

(GR)Killer
26th Mar 2011, 02:02 AM
Idk, I figure that's what it could have been tho :p

Also new patch scheduled for next week - http://www.homefront-game.com/blog-post/homefront-pc-patch-103-announced

2 weeks for a patch? that's uber slow. Most would be out in a matter of 1-2 days, and this takes 2 weeks?

dragonfliet
26th Mar 2011, 08:31 AM
2 weeks for a patch? that's uber slow. Most would be out in a matter of 1-2 days, and this takes 2 weeks?

Gaming community if patch is ready right around time of launch: WHY WOULD THEY SHIP SUCH A BROKEN GAME?

Gaming community if patch is a few weeks out of launch: WHY WOULD THEY WAIT THIS LONG TO PATCH?

Gaming community if given chocolate icecream: OMG VANILLA IS SO MUCH MORE VERSATILE

Gaming community if given vanilla icecream: STUPID DEVS, CHOCOLATE IS THE SUPERIOR ICECREAM

Kantham
26th Mar 2011, 10:20 AM
Gaming community if patch is ready right around time of launch: WHY WOULD THEY SHIP SUCH A BROKEN GAME?

Gaming community if patch is a few weeks out of launch: WHY WOULD THEY WAIT THIS LONG TO PATCH?

I can't argue with that.

ambershee
26th Mar 2011, 10:38 AM
At least it's being patched. So many games just get dumped onto shelves and left there these days.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
26th Mar 2011, 11:01 AM

There was a patch that fixed a few immediate issues within the first 2 days.

The patch is done,it's just being tested. You'd complain even more if they released a patch in one week that was buggier then day 1.

Unlike COD at least this patch is fixing problems and the devs clearly are listening.

Kantham
26th Mar 2011, 11:19 AM
Yeah they are.

Diablo nerf, and sniper nerf on the way.

I hope they fix the parachuite though, It's extremely broken, last night I was stuck in my own parachute as I landed, when I got back there, the parachute was still open and fixed mid-air.

proof.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/4325/2011032500001.jpg

And I have unlocked Chrome camo last night. Makes the gun look all.. aluminum wet? It's kind of odd, but I guess I'll keep it on for a while.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2223/2011032600001.jpg

Cr4zyB4st4rd
26th Mar 2011, 01:43 PM
Just got chrome not tested it.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048294421895/4F2BCDAD55074002142C6615EFA61972C0812997/

Is there a reason no matter what game I play. I continuously, without fail, get teams filled with utter retards?

SlayerDragon
26th Mar 2011, 02:11 PM
Is there a reason no matter what game I play. I continuously, without fail, get teams filled with utter retards?

http://cschammel.com/img/emot-smug.gif

dragonfliet
26th Mar 2011, 02:27 PM
Just got chrome not tested it.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048294421895/4F2BCDAD55074002142C6615EFA61972C0812997/

I see more or less even teams, as far as scores go. Both teams have bad players. Maybe because there are always people of varying skill levels?

~Jason

Cr4zyB4st4rd
26th Mar 2011, 03:20 PM
Other then the fact that the team lost 0-2 because they were all camping with snipers or whoring vehicles and drones rather then bothering with the points. Or when they did bother with points they just got shot and gave in or died.

Kantham
26th Mar 2011, 03:25 PM
Swap teams or leave em be by leaving that server. Low player count servers are horrible and unfun.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
26th Mar 2011, 03:27 PM
I've had some great games with 5v5 in this game, but only when my team actually plays the gamemode :[

Kyllian
26th Mar 2011, 03:31 PM
And I have unlocked Chrome camo last night. Makes the gun look all.. aluminum wet? It's kind of odd, but I guess I'll keep it on for a while.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2223/2011032600001.jpgEw... aluminum doesn't look like that unless heavily polished and oiled
Looks more like they tried a chrome-ish look but your videocard is artifacting it

(GR)Killer
26th Mar 2011, 06:24 PM
There was a patch that fixed a few immediate issues within the first 2 days.

The patch is done,it's just being tested. You'd complain even more if they released a patch in one week that was buggier then day 1.

Unlike COD at least this patch is fixing problems and the devs clearly are listening.

True, the cod guys just care about money and ignore everyone else.

(GR)Killer
26th Mar 2011, 06:28 PM
I see more or less even teams, as far as scores go. Both teams have bad players. Maybe because there are always people of varying skill levels?

~Jason

That's probably it. Seen very few actual good players in this game ( a guy hiding at a hill going 13-1 is not good. This is definatly not COD, you can't just play rambo and win the game for your team unlike Cod.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
26th Mar 2011, 07:57 PM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048299837932/50FD7CDD1A9F953F053219FCA0A7183283FCB4C9/

I lol'd this hacker couldn't kill me, quickscoped him twice. Felt good, next game was gonna quit, ended up getting kicked for hacker teamkilling :-)

Kantham
26th Mar 2011, 09:09 PM
[VAC FTW] SumTingWong. :lol:

(GR)Killer
26th Mar 2011, 10:23 PM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048299837932/50FD7CDD1A9F953F053219FCA0A7183283FCB4C9/

I lol'd this hacker couldn't kill me, quickscoped him twice. Felt good, next game was gonna quit, ended up getting kicked for hacker teamkilling :-)

Nice.

How do u know if you been kicked? does it say you were kicked or is it like cod and says connection lost?

Cr4zyB4st4rd
26th Mar 2011, 11:18 PM
Well I figured it was a kick, but yeah was a server disconnected message. It was after I TKd so that's what I figured anyway.

Also COD has proper kick messages O_o? Atleast 4 and 7 do im sure.

(GR)Killer
26th Mar 2011, 11:48 PM
Well I figured it was a kick, but yeah was a server disconnected message. It was after I TKd so that's what I figured anyway.

Also COD has proper kick messages O_o? Atleast 4 and 7 do im sure.

Really? everytime i got kicked my screen went black and said "connection lost", only way to know if it was a kick or ban was doing a /reconnect. I wonder if this game does that aswell.

Kantham
27th Mar 2011, 12:17 AM
I had "kicked for idling" twice when playing and trying to rejoin these servers gives me the same error, I figured it was because some admin kicked/banned me.

(GR)Killer
27th Mar 2011, 02:33 AM
I finally found a good player in this game. 32-2 1 map, 27-3 the next, 25-1 the one after. Hopefully the patch adds spectate, and 5 second no spawn damage. I almost died while coming in on my parachute after i died, yet you are invisible on the screen. But i do love to spawn rape! i can get 12 kills in a row before i get taken out because people can't aim with the recoil it seems like.

Kantham
27th Mar 2011, 06:33 PM
LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT, TOTALLY HACKING IMO! ,,:mad:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8316/2011032700001e.jpg

Why I am posting this: No, not K/D ratio, I figured I'd show how drones can be a nuisance even if the teams are terrible. Actually, the drones are a nuisance overall, the best use I found are near-base rape or defending objectives.

My drones got EMP'ed 2 or 3 times in that game, they were also skilled players. My point is, drones are really worthless if they get EMP'ed in the open, people don't seem to understand the efficiency of EMP nades so it's easy to exploit the W-drones.

By the way, has anyone else noticed Borderland's barely on? Almost every servers are either:

-Sac-De-Cul (+1 lol for frenchies here)
-Farm
-Crossroads

What's wrong with Borderlands? Can't see it being worse than Sac-De-Cul. :/

(GR)Killer
27th Mar 2011, 07:05 PM
Borderlands is a fun map to play. People don't like it because it's not much of a snipers map. Lots of cover in this map, easy flank routes. I know where the enemy likes going on this map. Sniper up top, the normal gunners like taking the sides of the maps because not alot of action is had there. Once you figure that map out flanking can be really easy. But hearing footsteps in this game SUCKS! i have been killed by someone running past me because i can barely hear the footsteps. For someone running and gunning and taking cover footsteps means alot. I been playing alot of TDM lately, but i mostly join servers that are TDM/Capture Points. It's a nice mix although it needs a CTF, or a search and destroy mode.

I rarely get over 30 kills because i rarely use vehicles/drones. I just can't get into games that have vehicles, i guess i'm just a dumb grunt for life.

(GR)Killer
27th Mar 2011, 09:30 PM
1 map that never should have been made would be farm. Good luck dominating that map without getting sniped LMAO!!! i'm just going to leave the server when that map comes on. Died 5 times in a row the moment i spawned.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
27th Mar 2011, 10:09 PM
Borderlands is ****ing epic. But people are noob and camp the roofs. Cul-de-Sac is great aswell, but I figure people don't want to play it because it's vehicle-less (the map they showed in one of the trailers with many tanks and helis on iirc :lol:
Farm is a mega camp-fest 99% of the time. But it's not a bad map.

It's the map I got my highest kill count on so far at 82.

Kantham
27th Mar 2011, 10:56 PM
Sac-De-Cul is amazingly annoying. It's just too much, people love these stupid spammy town-themed maps and play them to death, just like in Black Ops where nearly every servers are filled with Nuketown fast food.

(GR)Killer
27th Mar 2011, 11:23 PM
I like GreenZone alot. It's big map for snipers, but you can find short routes around without getting caught and flank them pretty easily. It's funny when you are shooting someone, they keep running forward like nobody is shooting and die. That's bloody epic.

Kantham
28th Mar 2011, 12:09 AM
Greenzone is more enjoyable if the opposite team isn't filled with tanks. Anyone decent enough with tank will scout for A and C, heck, even B if the opposite team can't help it.

I really need to start taking down tanks, hellfire missiles are one thing, I wonder how many RPG shots it takes to bring one down with the +explosive damage perk.

Vaskadar
28th Mar 2011, 12:23 AM
FryDay.

NRG
28th Mar 2011, 12:44 AM
people love these stupid spammy town-themed maps and play them to deathI've been complaining about this since COD2 :D

(GR)Killer
28th Mar 2011, 04:16 AM
Greenzone is more enjoyable if the opposite team isn't filled with tanks. Anyone decent enough with tank will scout for A and C, heck, even B if the opposite team can't help it.

I really need to start taking down tanks, hellfire missiles are one thing, I wonder how many RPG shots it takes to bring one down with the +explosive damage perk.

Without the perk it takes 4. I was taking tanks out all night. Drones are SO EASY to destroy in the air, just aim an inch left or right of flight path.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
28th Mar 2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2MdO8-0EYU

:B

Now I can play with 70FPS again, 40 is painful.

Kantham
28th Mar 2011, 03:05 PM
Lots of clueless players I see (see 1:25). Is this something with UK servers? The players I play are WAY better than the ones you've killed in your montage. (but then, I mostly play after 9 PM EST)

Cr4zyB4st4rd
28th Mar 2011, 04:47 PM
Problem is in UK because it's not on steam, most players I know with don't actually own it. take blops something like 90+ steam friends own it, 6-7 steam friends own homefront :(

Just had a game on Farm. In a tank, with speed boosting perks.
Tank + Speed Boost + Slope = Flying tank.

And pretty unstoppable force tbh. got a 25ks in it no problem, took out a heli and 2 enemy tanks. Awesome times.

Kantham
28th Mar 2011, 06:44 PM
Some guy pre-ejected off his scout heli as he spawned and I shot a tank shell right at it.

Spoiler alert, the Heli still had spawn protection. Better safe than sorry I guess. :lol:

Next game (Borderlands), I have another Abram, scout heli shoots me,

Him: "Weee weeee! Shoot tank with bullets me no care if work!! I'm having so much fun!! Let's shoot more stuff around!!"
*Scout heli totally not exposed*
Me: "Nah."
*Direct shell hit*

kiff
28th Mar 2011, 06:50 PM
Now I can play with 70FPS again, 40 is painful.cool vid.

jeez, I wish I had that framerate :(

Kyllian
28th Mar 2011, 07:45 PM
That gun at 1:24ish sounds really weird. Almost like a nailgun o_0

(GR)Killer
28th Mar 2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2MdO8-0EYU

:B

Now I can play with 70FPS again, 40 is painful.

LMAO one of the guys in your coments said you are hacking.:lol: I'm about to watch it, if it's like your other videos it should be good. THANKS FOR NOT USING CRAPPY MUSIC!!!!

edit- Nice video. I like the up beat music that's filled with adrennaline(sp?) packed sounds, these really go with game videos not some linkin park **** (i like them just not with game videos :/ ). I liked, subbed, and favourited on youtube. This video pretty much shows how easy this game is.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
28th Mar 2011, 08:35 PM
:D Can't beat Infected Mushroom

Can beat a hacker
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048335313764/F2568CBE6B84309CBC4CB74C555E030E7919FD78/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048335313177/B5EA05FE965387BB76997935133ED261B4C16D38/
Obviously aimbotting, but I won most of the fights vs him, gun to gun or tank to gun or heli to gun or heli to heli.

(GR)Killer
28th Mar 2011, 09:23 PM
There are way too many cheaters in this game, i feel like i'm playing MW2. 15-5 or 28-10 is about the best i can do on foot.

Kantham
28th Mar 2011, 10:13 PM
That gun at 1:24ish sounds really weird. Almost like a nailgun o_0

BbbTBbbTBbbTBbbTBbbTBbbTBbbTBbbT :lol:

It's the M4.

(GR)Killer
28th Mar 2011, 10:36 PM
How many kills for 5 star? never looked it up and have never seen a 5 star in game, 4 stars is the most i have seen.

funkblast
28th Mar 2011, 10:39 PM

funkblast
28th Mar 2011, 10:42 PM
I love how all new shooter threads basically devolve into http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2926/picture04b.jpg and (GR) Killer talking about their KDR and hackers.

funkblast
28th Mar 2011, 10:45 PM
Uhhhh wut? i talked about my KDR in the cod4 thread only.....i love how because i did that in that thread people like you gotta follow me to other threads and spread nonsense. I talked about a hacker i caught but so what, there is no rule saying you can't call people cheaters when it's true. I said in this thread about many kill streaks and that i have had 44 kills and 5000 score and 3000 score but so what. I'm not going into the thread and saying

I guess i am not allowed to post in threads anymore because i can't stop posting about my KDR...

_______________________/
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2926/picture04b.jpg

(GR)Killer
29th Mar 2011, 01:01 AM
SO...yeah...we are like supposed to talk about how our day went and stuff in this thread, because hackers don't exist, nor do killing people n stuff....

I love how people single out just a few posters yet everyone else in this thread is allowed to talk about hackers and post their screenshots in this, or any other thread about video games. You guys are retards, now get out if you are not going to talk about the game. OH RIGHT PLEASE STAY YOU CANT TALK ABOUT A VIDEO GAME AND WHAT HAPPENS IN IT, HOW WUZ YOUR DAY? MIEN WAS KOOL, I WORKED N STUFF IT WAS DA BOMB LMFAO! I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE GYM, SO YEAH....HOW BOUT THAT...UM...DAY OF YERS? WAS IT A BLAST? LET'S PLAY TWITTER IN ERE BECAUSE WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE GAMES WE PLAYED OR THE PLAYERS WE MET BECUZ SOME INTERWEB POSTARS SAID SO!~

SleepyHe4d
29th Mar 2011, 01:18 AM
And now this 10 page thread is actually worthwhile...

http://www.smiley-faces.org/smiley-faces/smiley-face-popcorn.gif (http://www.smiley-faces.org)

(btw why the **** don't we have a popcorn smiley?)

(GR)Killer
29th Mar 2011, 01:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhnT2a8V2Uo

He found a new way to hack.

(GR)Killer
29th Mar 2011, 02:36 AM
I finally found out what a 5 star threat is...15 kills. I just had my first 20 kill streak. :)

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/112370326-4.jpg

I was 20-0 and tried to take a ss and died.

I finished

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/112370327-4.jpg

ps- Oh right, can't talk about KDR because 2 posters said so.

Kantham
29th Mar 2011, 09:27 AM
funkblast, the most important user around since 2001, you're so cleverly triple-A /b/tard cool, at least read 1/15 of this topic, find out, get a clue. It's really easy, you'll even find out you forgot someone in the process! Damn!

Last update: 29 march 1220
SlayerDragon posted something. I quote his ancient manuscript.

Lay off the drugs mate, it's dealing great damage to your consciousness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhnT2a8V2Uo

He found a new way to hack.

Wow, what the ****?

Sum thin clealy wong.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
29th Mar 2011, 10:15 AM
I finally found out what a 5 star threat is...15 kills. I just had my first 20 kill streak. :)

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/112370326-4.jpg

I was 20-0 and tried to take a ss and died.

I finished

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/112370327-4.jpg

ps- Oh right, can't talk about KDR because 2 posters said so.

Nice, ye had 3 on foot 5 stars now 24, 22 and 19 streaks. Plus heli and tank 5 stars a few times.

Also, yeah, that hack seems a bit ****ed :[

Cr4zyB4st4rd
29th Mar 2011, 12:53 PM
Mmmm Tank on hill in Angel Island = win

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048345197558/FDC6D6CF3684FDF2086DFA8C2CFEFD827B8ADEB2/

/edit edit fail :( quoted instead >:[

Kantham
29th Mar 2011, 03:00 PM
Tank on hill = perfect takedown w/ Hellfire.

Not sure why you always play against weak players mate.

NRG
29th Mar 2011, 03:11 PM
Not sure why you always play against weak players mate.The noobiest pubs are the funnest pubs. Unless a team full of retards gets on your nerves easily.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
29th Mar 2011, 04:15 PM
Tank on hill = perfect takedown w/ Hellfire.

Not sure why you always play against weak players mate.

Oh I was getting proximity launchered, airstiked, helis trying. But tank + speedboost makes it stunningly easy to get away from them.

Now this, was a game vs noobs

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048348091249/DECF0DD2D5800D233B9E5EC1706E1E1B9AAF72BB/
57-3 I only got killed once, crash landed heli once and fell off a cliff after a 21 streak with my Diablo. had badger playing with me, so he jumped in my 2nd heli gunner and well. The enemy didn't do much more then die. 30 killstreak+ in that heli :D

Festering Anus
29th Mar 2011, 05:14 PM
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9978/20110329180937.jpg

Totally owned

Kyllian
29th Mar 2011, 06:00 PM
Wow, what the ****?

Sum thin clealy wong.Yea, makes me wonder if hitreg is client-side

funkblast
29th Mar 2011, 06:31 PM
funkblast, the most important user around since 2001, you're so cleverly triple-A /b/tard cool, at least read 1/15 of this topic, find out, get a clue. It's really easy, you'll even find out you forgot someone in the process! Damn!

Last update: 29 march 1220
SlayerDragon posted something. I quote his ancient manuscript.

Lay off the drugs mate, it's dealing great damage to your consciousness.

Wow, what the ****?

Sum thin clealy wong.

______________/
http://i51.tinypic.com/k0o6eq.jpg

(GR)Killer
29th Mar 2011, 08:38 PM
______________/
http://i51.tinypic.com/k0o6eq.jpg

Proving you're useless since 2001. GG!

(GR)Killer
29th Mar 2011, 11:19 PM
Those thermal goggles make the Diablo extremly funny. I spotted 6 guys through trees and they didnt see what hit them. Way to make an overpowered weapon even more overpowered. It's also easy to snipe people from the other end of the map, although it's tricky.

funkblast
30th Mar 2011, 01:09 AM
Proving you're useless since 2001. GG!

If I'm so useless then why is your mom my friend on facebook?

hal
30th Mar 2011, 06:55 PM
Enough already, guys. There's no nanny here, so please behave.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
30th Mar 2011, 07:05 PM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048365145523/02326092A899C8257C3476160344EA8469C1FD97/

Hmmmmmm, maybe there are just noobs in the EU :/

Bi()ha2arD
30th Mar 2011, 07:31 PM
CHEATER OMG LOOK AT THAT KDR CLEARLY HAX BAN BAN OMGGGGGGGGG!

inferyes
30th Mar 2011, 07:35 PM
I'm sure its been said before but I would like to add that this game looks exactly like MOH, MW2, BF: BC2, etc etc etc etc...

Why do people keep buying these again?

Cr4zyB4st4rd
30th Mar 2011, 07:49 PM
Because I like them?
I didn't buy MOH however, demo failed, regretted my Blops buy afetr a month or two when they just didnt give a **** about the PC and haven't bought Crysis 2 because the demo was meh.

But this is actually fun, and DE have done a rather splendid job on the PC version. Unlike the other games I listed. BC2 was good, but it got worse with each patch, they never really fixed weapon balance and the hitreg is an utter joke.

(GR)Killer
30th Mar 2011, 08:11 PM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778048365145523/02326092A899C8257C3476160344EA8469C1FD97/

Hmmmmmm, maybe there are just noobs in the EU :/

Nice.....i know i have said it many times but i think it's time to learn the vehicles. If i want scores like that it's the only way. Vehicles+foot soldier+drones. How long does it take to learn the vehicles?

Cr4zyB4st4rd
30th Mar 2011, 08:24 PM
Heli's are rather simple. Especially as you can change their difficulty modes and speed, so if you get stuck slow it down and slowly learn them. Tank is easy, slap it out of cock pit view and you'll have a much better chance at spotting people.

Kantham
31st Mar 2011, 08:39 PM
Boi have the servers emptied a whole ****ing lot.

(GR)Killer
1st Apr 2011, 02:06 AM
Boi have the servers emptied a whole ****ing lot.

Untill the patch comes out. If it's still this dead then RIP and i'll probably just quit.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
1st Apr 2011, 04:52 PM
Which sucks, because the game is epic.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778937224265843/761F6509D215B651B21DCFF09235FB166C96E408/
33-1 ftw

And the best game of the day 47-3 on cul-de-sac all on foot bar 2 airstikes that got a total of 5 kills

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778937224263563/B618774ABD56F20661CD2E43531CE19709DD9618/
2 quad kill feeds, a ton of time on 5 stars, and about 5 accusations of botting.

(GR)Killer
1st Apr 2011, 07:00 PM
Which sucks, because the game is epic.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778937224265843/761F6509D215B651B21DCFF09235FB166C96E408/
33-1 ftw

And the best game of the day 47-3 on cul-de-sac all on foot bar 2 airstikes that got a total of 5 kills

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778937224263563/B618774ABD56F20661CD2E43531CE19709DD9618/
2 quad kill feeds, a ton of time on 5 stars, and about 5 accusations of botting.

U should make a demo for us to watch of you getting scores like that.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
1st Apr 2011, 07:52 PM
If client side demos were in the game I would. Hopefully with the new patch server admins will set demos up and provide links to get them.

(GR)Killer
3rd Apr 2011, 02:16 AM
I'm going to wait for the patch to play again...finding the game boring, and most of the weapons are uber slow at playing a run and gun style.

Kantham
3rd Apr 2011, 10:21 AM
I took down an apache with 2 hellfire missiles yesterday. Was totally worth the battle points. :D

funkblast
4th Apr 2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndZ4an5KGDg&feature=feedu

The Beast has spoken

TurdDrive
4th Apr 2011, 05:38 PM
Beast of this magnitude ahaha

Kantham
4th Apr 2011, 08:12 PM
First PC patch just went live.

Kantham
4th Apr 2011, 09:32 PM
Oh brother, did they nerf the Diablo SMG? :D

It goes Pppbpbpbptptbpbtptptbpbtptbbtptpbpbt in a orgy of hitmarkers but nothing dies from mid/long range. I highly recommend you get rid of it. It's really that bad.

Kyllian
4th Apr 2011, 11:00 PM
So in a desperate attempt to appease the whiners they made it into a BB gun?

(GR)Killer
5th Apr 2011, 01:23 AM
Oh brother, did they nerf the Diablo SMG? :D

It goes Pppbpbpbptptbpbtptptbpbtptbbtptpbpbt in a orgy of hitmarkers but nothing dies from mid/long range. I highly recommend you get rid of it. It's really that bad.

Did they nerf the sniper? if they just nerfed the Diablo i'm going to uninstall right now.

Kantham
5th Apr 2011, 01:27 AM
Well uninstall, then. Snipers can't one-shot anyone unless headshot.

They had post-patch issues with servers crashing unexpectedly, constantly. They released a hot-patch immediately afterwards.

I'm not sure if they realized this and made a immediate fix, QA takes some major time to get by, and that was a 2-hours-later fix. Fastest I've seen is in World of Warcraft.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
5th Apr 2011, 08:29 AM
They had a patch, it had issues so reverted everyone back to previous version and then fixed the crashing/lag.

Nerfed Snipers are fine, saw people wahing on the forum yet I tested my M200 out, 2 shots to kill isn't exactly impossible and any camping snipers just get headshot.

Apparently or atleast last night after patch #1 I could still jump and ADS, it just forces you out of ADS before you jump if you were in it, but you can ADS back in. Not that Im complaining, Im a dirty bunny hopper that does that.

Will have to mess about later.

Kantham
5th Apr 2011, 10:45 AM
They had a patch, it had issues so reverted everyone back to previous version and then fixed the crashing/lag.

I hear echoes.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
7th Apr 2011, 05:45 PM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559778937320898620/6450640C9273C572C5C470239E931F94FEA9C850/

I think it's safe to say I won this game.

kiff
11th Apr 2011, 09:41 AM
hacker, just look at that kdr! ;)

(GR)Killer
19th Jun 2011, 10:03 PM
Homefront 2 has been announced lol.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2011/06/14/thq-confirms-homefront-2/1

Cr4zyB4st4rd
19th Jun 2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah. The way the support for Homefront died. **** that. Where's those promised mod tools? Oh, they didn't come out.

Ah well **** em. BF3 mod tools or not!

Capt.Toilet
19th Jun 2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah. The way the support for Homefront died. **** that. Where's those promised mod tools? Oh, they didn't come out.

Ah well **** em. BF3 mod tools or not!

Can't really support a game when the entire dev team gets laid off.

Sir_Brizz
19th Jun 2011, 10:30 PM
This.

Also, the game could have been good, it was just REALLY short. The plot wasn't all that bad, and it has some good sequences.

SnaKe-Fu
20th Jun 2011, 12:33 PM
The game could have been great if they would have just listened to the community. All of these things they are now 'adding' were asked for while the game was still in development.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
20th Jun 2011, 01:30 PM

They stopped supporting it before anyone got laid off. They promised so much more.