PDA

View Full Version : anyone get unrealed to work?

nido
3rd Dec 1999, 06:21 PM
I never get the unreal editor to work.
I have both undreal editor for unreal 1
and unreal tournament and as soon
as I get in the program I get errors like
runtime erros etc....

Who
3rd Dec 1999, 06:33 PM
Try copying the files from the "shared" directory on the unreal cd to your windows\system
It worked for me.

Phenom
3rd Dec 1999, 07:05 PM
Check out similar posts on the forum. Just a few posts back there are a few links to all the editor fixes you need.

Dr.Quake
4th Dec 1999, 03:46 AM
uh I think that u do have to have the second cd of ut to install the editor properly. check back a few posts and it't in there somewhere

Dr.Quake
4th Dec 1999, 03:47 AM
Yes i think u need it to install the editor properly. check back a few posts and ull find it i think

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
Dr.Quake
"The doctor is in"

nido
4th Dec 1999, 01:56 PM
I heard from another place that, you have to have the secound cd of ut, to install editor is that true, maybe ediotr from original unreal cd will work fine?

Capt_Tripps
4th Dec 1999, 11:31 PM
Yes, As a mater of fact I just reformatted my c drive today and reinstalled everything. When I originally installed the editor, I installed it from the second CD. After installing UT today, I realized that the editor was already in the system dir. I tried it out, and got the threed error that's been posted about. Grabbed the second cd, and installed it from there and all is well.

nido
5th Dec 1999, 01:44 PM
yeah but I installed the editor from the original Unreal 1 game. and I copied all the files from the shared directory to
windows/system, the same error didn't occur
but now it says "Unexpected error".