Tits On Fire!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
People Can Fly show off a great sense of humour by including an unlockable weapon skin that serves as an homage to The Escapist's Yahtzee.

It turns out his review of PCF's Painkiller, in which he describes the greatness of the game's main weapon by saying it was so incredible that it could only be better if it "had tits and was on fire", had a tremendous influence on sales. After the review hit the web the sales of Painkiller on Amazon shot up 7403 percent. Naturally they were grateful.

Reacting to People Can Fly's homage to Mr. Croshaw, Mike Capps, president of Bulletstorm co-developer Epic Games, said, "Clearly we are striving to be better than even ourselves."

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Haha, nice. Should be interesting to see what Yahtzee says about this game.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Nice homage to a great man :)

Common PCF bring out another Painkiller and do it right unlike the hobos that are making them now

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Haha being killed by a Bouncer ball
that thing makes the Flak Cannon's secondary worthless. Amazing weapon.

geee I need Serious Sam 3 now and this year is done

Last edited:

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
If BS feels like either Gears or CoD, you're doing it very wrong...

Bouncer is amazing against burnouts, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't deal self-damage... If it does it's too minimal to worry about.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Loltzee

Secondary fire doesn't deal self-damage, primary does but it's extremely hard to get actually damaged by it.
And the Bouncer is just like the Flak Cannon, ie meaning that it's powerful against everything.

Last edited:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Why is everyone talking about PCF getting "forced" into making Bulletstorm? I recall reading/hearing something completely different. More like a "PCF had ideas for a game, Epic invited them over, and the two companies got together to make it" kind of deal.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Why is everyone talking about PCF getting "forced" into making Bulletstorm? I recall reading/hearing something completely different. More like a "PCF had ideas for a game, Epic invited them over, and the two companies got together to make it" kind of deal.

Yep you are right, except this is how it went down. PCF went over to Epic and proposed a new Painkiller idea. Epic thought it was stupid since it didn't feature testosterone filled beef sticks. So they bonked them on the head, told them to make ****storm or Mark Rein would eat their souls with marmalade.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I find the bouncer to be exceptionally useless compared to the Flail. Or anything else explosive for the matter. But it's a fun weapon to use.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Kanth, use the Bouncer's secondary against the Burnouts. Myriad of points. The only bad weapon is the Screamer.

Bulletstorm is much more fun than Painkiller personally. Amazing job on the gameplay and graphics Epic/PCF.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Bulletstorm is much more fun than Painkiller personally. Amazing job on the gameplay and graphics Epic/PCF.

You can't be serious. I must respectfully disagree with that opinion. I was watching my cousin play through a portion of the single player and I will take Painkiller over this anytime.