changing the level music?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

k_byte

Feb 12, 2011
Hi!

Is it possible to change the backround music in UT2K4 in some way, when I play online?
Without getting kicked by AntiTCC and things like that.

I tried the music playlist editor, but somehow I can't find the music files. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Why can't you just mute the game music and use your media player in the background while you play? BTW, that was kinda stupid of Epic to have the built in Music Player only play .ogg files. Which bright person made that decision?

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The built-in player actually supports OGG Vorbis and MP3, only for level music it was restricted to OGG. That's probably to prevent ambiguities for when there are MP3 and OGG files of the same name. (The extension isn't mentioned in the level properties.)