[Beyond Black Mesa] It's out.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I like how strong the zombies seemed. Shame they couldn't put crabs on their heads, but oh well. Great stuff. Overall good for an indie short film :)

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Good stuff. I see no need to be hatin' on the way they did the zombies. Overall, this is one of the best fan films I have ever seen.

Too bad we will never get to see Escape from City 17 Pt2.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Eh, it's a series of music videos of some kids running. It's decently shot with decent CGI (even if their aftereffects blood sprays look awful) and some not-bad action, but it isn't particularly good. Which is to say, if the people that made this want to have a career in film, it isn't going to happen (there are so many much better amateur films), but if they really just wanted to run around and be cool in a HL2 theme, it's pretty solid.

~Jason

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
I figured that the zombies were an attempt to connect Half Life with Left 4 Dead, as there were also a few references to that extent, and also an Aperture reference (though I known Aperture and Half Life are common canon). Anyway, I was disappointed with it, and stopped during the nonsense combine vs. lead-dude fight scene.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Eh, it's a series of music videos of some kids running. It's decently shot with decent CGI (even if their aftereffects blood sprays look awful) and some not-bad action, but it isn't particularly good. Which is to say, if the people that made this want to have a career in film, it isn't going to happen (there are so many much better amateur films), but if they really just wanted to run around and be cool in a HL2 theme, it's pretty solid.

~Jason
You must be a professional movie critic, right? This is hands down 1000 percent better than most of the crap that runs on Syfy.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
How'd the fat guy get so fat? Stealing combine rations from other citizens or what? Mabye he ate the other citizens :eek:

The short film is supposed to take place immediately after the invasion. I'm not sure how things were in the Half Life universe before that, though I'd assume that it was not very different from how our world is.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
who cares about headcrabs. 17 gave a teaser at the end of their move, and it looked like stuffed animals glued on heads.

They were all flailing with the movement on the actor, like, I'm a stuffed animal

work within your budget. Um unless that means making it look like ****

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
nah, you know what it is? It's you people with your hard on for something else that keeps anything else beside it from sounding good.

If you want escape from whatever, go watch it. If you want hi quality cinema, there's alway Trans-Formers.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
who cares about headcrabs. 17 gave a teaser at the end of their move, and it looked like stuffed animals glued on heads.

They were all flailing with the movement on the actor, like, I'm a stuffed animal

work within your budget. Um unless that means making it look like ****

That's funny because the headcrabs in 17 looked even better and believable than the ones in the actual game. It's even funnier cause 17 looks a million times better than this POS. :lol: