what are those initials in your names

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

r1ft

Jun 4, 2000
www.r1ft.com
Those are initials for clans.

bullet2.gif

r1ft|PuF
- http://www.r1ft.com

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Except for PuF. That just means people who post here. Like you Another Newbie. :) Seriously, you seem like a nice guy/gal so feel free to add |PuF to your name in game :)

PuF isn't a clan at all. We just all meet up in the UT chat thing in the #planetunreal channel, then we jump into games together.

Most of those tags are clans though. Here are the ones that I can think of... and Im not sure about most of them, some use [] some use {}, I may have made a bunch of mistakes with the brackets and capitalizations in the following list.

]LoL[ = Legion of Lions
|C| = Condemned
[Ci] = Carpe Imperium
[OF] = Old Farts
{gf} = goodfellas
[MUTTS] = ???
[NWA] = ???
{jedi}
|AOC|
[mRs]

There is a bunch more, but thats all I can think of for now.

bullet2.gif

Boom, Boom, Boom, let's go back to my room! Where we can do it all night, and I can make you feel right! Oooooooooo!
]LoL[Boom|PuF

Blistering_Pants

T2 Junkie
May 14, 2000
VA, USA
it's for the IRC if you go to the chat tab in UT and type it in you will find most PuFrs there haning out and playing.

bullet2.gif

"May I wash you?"

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
|AOC| = Art of Capture

#planetunreal is one of MANY channels that you can reach via the built-in chat...thingy...in the UT multiplayer server window. Click on the Chat tab, then in the channel window, type in #planetunreal, and click Connect. Welcome to #planetunreal. :)

There are also several standalone programs that allow you to get to #planetunreal, but they're complicated for newbies to setup and really for people not looking for a match.

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Daggah

Jan 3, 2000
What IRC channel is the #planetunreal forum on? I don't want to have to start up UT when I just want to chat. :)

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
And it should be "channel", not "forum". :)

irc.gameslink.net

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Daggah

Jan 3, 2000
Heh, I guess I can't type right now. :)

bullet2.gif

David "Daggah" Gevert

"I believe the meaning of human existence lies in the continual struggle." - Treize Khushnerada

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
"Newbie"

Start up UT, Go to "Multiplayer---&gt;Find Internet Game" and then click on the "chat" tab. Click inside the the little window (list box) thats says "#utgames" and type in "#planetunreal" and hit the connect button.

You'll some of us in there *almost* 24 hour a day.

bullet2.gif

-Lizard (Of Oz)

"Go Go now, you've been set free, another month or so you'll be poisoning me, with your lovely smile.
I see you slither away with your skin and your tail, your flickering tongue, and your rattling scales,
like a real... rep...tile."

Game0rz

May 13, 2000
any clan want me?
for the short time that UT works for me im really good. no really i am
heh

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
So clans do only except new member by inventation like [Ci]do

If you play with us om #planetunreal and people think you'r good for their clan, they ask you if they need members.
But the most clans here on puf are close online friends of each other.
So if you want to join a PuF clan, you must stick around a while.

A warning, some clanners and players here are above the godlike status. And you don't want to play against those people.

bullet2.gif

Nominated by PuF as King of LPB's
Defense and Freelance player for [Ci]

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff , home of the world-famous Llama Farm!

FrigginAnT

Cow Spot Pimp
Mar 23, 2000
Philly, PA
www.frigginant.homestead.com
Depends on the clan...{FU} usually doesnt post alot here for some reason....i think maybe 6 of us do...if its that many. and the only organized clan matches we ususaly do are in OGL..but then again..ive seen some clans that "require" players to do stuff...i never understood it...but hey! thats just me :)

bullet2.gif

"Hellz{FU}: Stop by the base and I'll have the flag ready for you.. I even had it dry cleaned."

AnT: "It's Good to be the King!"
{FU}Clan....I HEAR YA!!!!
www.homestead.com/frigginant/antspage.html
www.fuclan.com
CHAOS IS COMING... www.chaoticdreams.org

Y

Yellow5

Don't forget the best clan ever created...

Surrounded By P1mps!

- SBP|Y5