UE1 - UT Please, anyone know how to?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Silent><Shade

Jan 18, 2011
Montgomery, Michigan
Hello all I have a very complexing question, in which I am sure that some one may have the answer to I am using photoshop 6 to open a .jpg image ( for a map I am currently working) How do I make this into the proper size, to work in the textures in unreal. I have made it a 256 color pallet size was 128x128 and saved it as a .pcx and a .bmp or .bmt ( can't remember the proper term there.) I am at wits end here. I ask humbly for anyones help or direction and give many thanks to you for taking out the time to read this.
I might add that I am not a photoshop guy.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Assuming that your question is about UnrealEd and not about Photoshop (you do write that you have saved the texture in the correct format), then the instructions for importing a texture can be found here:

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Import_The_Texture

Things to note:

• Each side of the texture must be exactly a power of 2 in length (1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256 etc. pixels)
  • Unless you have a lot of textures to import (so many that you are probably building a total conversion rather than a map), then import into the package MyLevel so that the textures are embedded in the map rather than in a separate package.

Silent><Shade

Jan 18, 2011
Montgomery, Michigan
Assuming that your question is about UnrealEd and not about Photoshop (you do write that you have saved the texture in the correct format), then the instructions for importing a texture can be found here:

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Import_The_Texture

Things to note:

• Each side of the texture must be exactly a power of 2 in length (1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256 etc. pixels)
  • Unless you have a lot of textures to import (so many that you are probably building a total conversion rather than a map), then import into the package MyLevel so that the textures are embedded in the map rather than in a separate package.

I got it!! IT WORKS!!! and it shows up on my map. I am very thankful to you. wohoo!!! Seriously Thank You Very Much!