Frustrated

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
After playing with bots and growing tired of it a bit I decided to go play online, even though that was crazy idea, because I had obviously worse fps when playing with bots than I usually had. This laptop is seriously overheating and something is eating the CPU too much. This laptop was bought around the same time UT3 was released and it still has integrated graphic card. I didn't obviously invest to hardware since then and I couldn't afford it. I am really really poor and even I will have to ask friend for money to give me money to dentist, my teeth need immediate attention, for ****ing MONTHS.

But well, back to topic, so I went online. Shangrila, terrible FPS but shandgrila never ran that well to me, so I picked a map that I know ran always well, Dm-Gateway.... and guess what. It dropped down to 5 FPS at some points and when I went to different areas the textures were still being loaded, then when changed the area again the textures got blurry again and loaded again and again. ARGH!!!! :mad:
Of course I was at the botton of the list and was being lagged out like hell and even noobs owned me and I had only few kills and hell I even missed redeemer shots and killed myself with it, dropping the score down even further. ARGH!!!! :mad:

Okay game, it was fun but it is time to say goodbye for now, this laptop needs more space anyway and UT3 eats way too much. I enjoyed you much more than UT2004 and in pure DM fun I beleive it was better than UT. But...I really need to free more space, I only got 3 GB left on each harddrive. And I need more space for my projects. So bye UT3, I will play some custom maps I didn't try yet, I have loads to try even from MSUC and stuff, I don't think I will have time to try them all, but I plan to uninstall the game soon. It lasted for 3 years, and I never uninstalled it since. But now I am afraid I have to, especially if the game turns to be neverending frustration with even worse framerate than I was having before and this laptop going down the drain.

Bye UT3, Good bye. :(

:gonk: :gonk: :gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk::gonk: :gonk:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Man every time I always want to go back to UT3 (deathmatch). Never had that feel with UT1, let alone UT2k4 D:
And rofl, Gateway is actually demanding (especially in the forest area) than most of the other DM maps.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor TK-57 1.90 Ghz

3.00 GB Ram, plus the card with none ram of its own. ATI Radeon X1200 series btw.

Also 32 bit system, not 64 one.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah, makes sense. I'm surprised you could bear to play the game not online. It's massively CPU dependent and that CPU is about as powerful as a horse with three broken legs for modern games.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yeah...well I used to play online a lot at one time, but rather at maps that were not too heavy or played invasion mod etc.

Offline I found really fun, even though with the lag and weak graphics. But really, the laptop is too unstable and I need more space. I will get to UT3 back someday, just not now.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Well, you can always heighten the framerate by lowering the graphics details. Including resolution. But that would probably make it a lot less interesting to play...

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Get real hardware, then try again. Laptops aren't for gaming whatever someone claims.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well, you can always heighten the framerate by lowering the graphics details. Including resolution. But that would probably make it a lot less interesting to play...

I have it on lowest resolution, not lowest details possible, but pretty low too. It doesn't really help much either way, even if i have it set higher or lower.

Get real hardware, then try again. Laptops aren't for gaming whatever someone claims.

Give me money and I will get the real hardware then, I have no income to buy it from. Otherwise shh. ;)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Lowest resolution? I don't think so. The lowest resolution is 1x1. You can use setres to get any resolution you want, even lower than what it allows you to choose.
Then again, it could be bottlenecked by the CPU then.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Lowest resolution? I don't think so. The lowest resolution is 1x1. You can use setres to get any resolution you want, even lower than what it allows you to choose.
Then again, it could be bottlenecked by the CPU then.

On Unreal itself it doesn't allow me go lower than 640x480 (even though there are lower by default avaiable), you should know there are limits like that.

Or he could just get a job.
Or you could just shut the **** up! Come here and try to get job for me, especially with no degrees and with ilness as disabling as mine, or with this country not allowing special cases and stuff. Go try. YOU will run away screaming, I can bet that on you.

You don't have what it takes. You can't even begin to imagine!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
No, there are no such limits:
unreal201111521475227.png

But it gets set like that only in windowed mode, curious. There must be a setting to do that fullscreen as well.

And JD is just toying with you :p

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
No, there are no such limits:
unreal201111521475227.png

But it gets set like that only in windowed mode, curious. There must be a setting to do that fullscreen as well.

And JD is just toying with you :p
Of course, but I won't play in windowed mode like that, sheesh. You won't do it fullscreen smartass because there is limit set by the videocard/machine/screen, either of those things. In older systems that might have worked, not anymore though!

No, I beleive he meant it seriously, it is not appropriate at all and it pisses me off.