Ho Ho Ho

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Christmas is come and gone and the New Year is upon us. For some of you it's 2011 already. We've been busy the last week soaking in all the crazy sales from Papa Newell and his digital retail competitors. Lots of great U-Engine games have been featured, so I hope you've been able to snap up a few - The Ball, BioShock 2, Killing Floor, etc.

Lots of cool indie titles as well. Many of us here find ourselves spending more and more time with those in absence of a PC title from Epic. I'm looking forward to Bulletstorm in the coming year as I've been a longtime fan of People Can Fly.

The interesting thing will be to see what kind of editor support it is given - as in whether or not it will ship with a working version. Will Epic drop that in favor of support for its UDK? I suspect what we see there will help shape the future of this site as we've been primarily an Unreal-centric site built around supporting those titles and the many modifications and the custom content they have always spawned.

We'll definitely look towards getting behind more UDK title in 2011 if that's the way things go. For now, we wait and see. Happy New Year, folks.

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
Happy New year Everyone!!

Like Hal said I have been enjoying the sales on Steam and some of the smaller indie titles, like Shank...fun side scrolling beat-um up. I still find time for some UT2k4 TAM a couple of nights a week though!

Looking forward to another great year of gaming and the BU community!!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Have a good one you fools.

hal said:
The interesting thing will be to see what kind of editor support it is given - as in whether or not it will ship with a working version. Will Epic drop that in favor of support for its UDK?

Best question of the year, dear hal.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Indeed.
Snows all gone, temperatures well above freezing and I've just had a very nice cooked breakfast.
Time for a walk.

Happy New Year!

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Happy new Year! :)
As games go, Bulletstorm and Dead Space 2 are probably my day one picks.

Leak

Sep 1, 2008
Linz, Austria
A day late to the party, but happy new year as well... :)

Also, on the topic of the Steam sale - be sure to grab Super Meat Boy while it's still 50% off if you like your platformers on the tough but not impossible side... it's not UE powered, but it's mega addictive... :D

np: Propaganda - Duel (Analogue Variation) (A Secret Wish (Disc 1))