Gears of War DRM

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Well, you can crack Gears but, there isn't much of a point. It won't "fix" anything, and the game works fine now anyway.

GFWL is easy to get setup - you just need a Live account. You can use your hotmail account info if you have one.

The software signs you in as the game starts.
Then on your first time playing the game you type in your serial key and you're good to go; play away.

You can play offline as well (I mean, without signing in, using an offline account), but I don't think it records your achievements that way, if that's important to you.
Use the home key, or the guide button on the 360 controller, to access the GFWL UI anytime.

People really just have a problem with GFWL because it's nowhere near as robust or feature rich as Steam, so it just looks funny in comparison.
Don't think of it as Steam and just let it do it's thing for 5-10 seconds as the game starts up, you won't think twice about it.

The only problem I have with Gears is that it forgets my Gamma setting every session. The game is kind of dark on my machine.

edit
Oh, I should mention. There is a problem with Windows 7 and 3 GFWL games, which need a pretty risky fix (involving System 32 files).
Viva Pinata, Halo 2, and that one multiplayer only game I can't think the name of ATM... shadow something or other... I don't know.
I found this out after getting Viva Pinata for 10 cents the other day on the Marketplace. It won't allow me to create an account so I can't save my progress. Kinda lame there.

Last edited:

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
I thought it used ROD to see if game was legitimate.

Round Object Detected.

I may be wrong.
They could send a guy with a baseball bat to your house.
No disk= Busted kneecaps.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I play gears online with a H2V CD key and a modified exe.

My friend uses a GTA 4 CD key and the same exe.

Just a heads up.