UE3 - UDK How to create rain like in "Night and Day" map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hicks16

Dec 6, 2010
Hello everyone! So I am really digging the Night and Day map with the new release of UDK. I would REALLY REALLY REALLY use the rain feature in my game. I looked into how the rain was set up then I saw all these material instances on the static meshes making them look like the rain was actually hitting them. But I felt so overwhelmed looking at it. Can any1 like to a simple tutorial or help me figure out how to do the following:

- Rain come from sky for entire level (so a looping matinee)
- Rain looks like its hitting my static meshes making them look wet.
- Rain make splashes
(ill get sounds to work later to match the rain and splashing, just wanna get the sequence going).

Please help me here guys, it would be greatly appreciated!

I have ventrilo, steam, and a live stream account to contact me the quickest...or just pm me here

Vent info: v2.defconservers.com port 3836
Steam: Deadly_Ninja