UE3 - UT3 New to UT3, a couple of questions.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tee

Tee
Dec 2, 2010
Cambridge
Hello all,

I'm pretty new to UT3 and I have a few questions,please forgive my ignorance if someone here has already answered these questions and please point me in the right direction.

Q1 : I bought UT3 primarily to learn editing maps, but I purchased through Steam. the only way I can find of opening it is through the library, is there is a direct link that I can click on to launch the editor?

Q2 : The generic browser only loads packages stored in :-

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\..\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\

However, there are loads of packages (and ones I need) stored in the steam main app folder. Should I copy these package files over or is is there a way to add in other directories so that the generic browser will look into those directories as well?

I hope my questions make sense.

I made a level where I had created a lift with working kismet etc, but when I reloaded it all, it was gone. Not sure why.

Cheers
Tee

Last edited:

Tee

Tee
Dec 2, 2010
Cambridge
Launch without loading steam?

Hi,

Sorry but I think I wasn't clear. I would like to create a shortcut key directly to the editor to load it without having to load and wait for Steam. Is this possible somehow?

Cheers

Tee

Big Hairy Bugger

Dec 14, 2010
Type editor ,just editor, into search in start(windows) and the editor will appear...pull it onto windows and you have a shortcut

Last edited:

guitarxe

Dec 8, 2010
If you've bought the retail version of UT3 (boxed), then launching directly from the exe in the Binaries folder will bypass steam. If you've bought it through steam, then you'll have to wait for steam to load up everytime.

However, the retail version exe is compatible with the steam version. So if you know anyone that has the retail version of the game, ask them to send you a copy of the exe, rename it to anything, and put it in the binaries folder. Then just put editor at the end of the target path in the shortcut.

If you don't know anyone that has one, and you are willing to trust strangers on a forum, send me a PM with your email address and I'll mail you the exe.