UE3 - UDK Static Mesh Placement Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

turel777

Nov 30, 2010
Hi, I'm new to UDK and I have a question about static mesh placement. Is there any to snap two static meshes togther so two of their faces align? I know that in static mesh mode Alt + S will allow me to place meshes against other surfaces but this isnt quite what I want to do. This way it's the new mesh's bottom face which aligns to the clicked surface and also centred on the point clicked, I'd prefer to be able to select the faces I wish to alignt or to spcify points on my meshes which I cna snap to (like the way sockets work with skeletal meshes)?

I've looked through lots of tutorials and googled a bit but cant find any wya of doing this. The reason I ask is I'm trying to place some scalextric-style track pieces quickly without having to fiddle around with their alignment all the time.

If anyone knows of a way to do this their advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

-Turel

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I don't believe there is a way to do what your are wanting to do.

I suggest making all these pieces of track so that they fit the grid then you wouldn't have such a hard time aligning them.