Say goodbye to spawn sniping on CTF-FACE :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{L}OutZ{JEDI}

SSJ Vegeta - like
Jun 4, 2000
jediclan.ipfox.com
I fixed CTF-FACE guys, I saw your posts and so I loaded up UnrealEd 2.0 and fixed it!

I moved the player start points behind the bases, and removed the sniper rifles where you spawn, and exchanged them for mini-guns. Spawn sniping is no longer possible on this map heh, that is if you all go get it and put it up on your servers! :)

I sent the e-mail with the map to rooster, so were depending on him to get it up on fileplanet, and at planetunreal.com lol :)

It should be up there tonight, if you guys see rooster tell him to check his e-mail, @planetunreal.com. Thx guys, ENJOY!

------------------
{L}OutZ!{JEDI}

Visit the kick *** Blood2/UT {JEDI} clan:

THE {JEDI} CLAN

Looking for a UT CTF clan to join? Look no further!

"Bow To Da {JEDI}!"

{L}OutZ{JEDI}

SSJ Vegeta - like
Jun 4, 2000
jediclan.ipfox.com
The name is CTF-OutzFace

bullet2.gif

{L}OutZ!{JEDI}

Visit the kick *** Blood2/UT {JEDI} clan:

THE {JEDI} CLAN

Looking for a UT CTF clan to join? Look no further!

"Bow To Da {JEDI}!"

SkummyB|BuF

Would you like to see me dance?
Feb 19, 2000
Liverpool, UK
www.bombardiers.org
THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

I love the map i just despise people who ruin it. I'm gonna DL that for sure.

bullet2.gif

<[Ci]The_Dopefish|PuF> *snaps fingers* last I checked, I had genitals...

<]LoL[MrSmallberries> Everyone - Dope just checked his genitals.

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff, and have your say.

globwhore.gif
ph34r m4|-| g00 =)
Skumboytag.gif

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Hey! E-mail me that m0! I want it now! :)

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
At last, good work :)

bullet2.gif

The new, improved Soundoff will return soon...

&lt;[Ci]Skumboy|PuF&gt; And the moral of the story is..... pffffffft, what moral? i just banned Blender!

&lt;DSV_Selerox[PuF]&gt; Yes I'm LordKhaine's brother (unfortunatly)
&lt;RaptoR[PuF]&gt; but you're not retarded, how can u be related?

Cavalcanti

Jun 23, 2000
Visit site
Just out of Mild curiousity, what about the people that spawn camp from the top of the tower, or will grab the snip rifle and spawn camp from someplace else? Well I guess it is impossible to completely eliminate it, but removing the $%*%^( snip rifles from the spawn points will help tremendously. I will give a good sniper magor props, those those idiots that spawn camp annoy me.

Cavalcanti.

Cavalcanti

Jun 23, 2000
Visit site
Just out of Mild curiousity, what about the people that spawn camp from the top of the tower, or will grab the snip rifle and spawn camp from someplace else? Well I guess it is impossible to completely eliminate it, but removing the $%*%^( snip rifles from the spawn points will help tremendously. I will give a good sniper magor props, those those idiots that spawn camp annoy me.

Cavalcanti.

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Sounds really great, I've been waiting for someone to do a modified version of Face without going ape wild and changing it completely!! But the one thing I have to ask is what about the back of the base? You have to come from out of there sometime, so why not have an entrance into your base from the back? Just something that I always thought would be a good idea.

bullet2.gif

Mr. Burns Nonsense! Everyone knows our mutants have flippers. Oops, I've said too much. Smithers, use the Amnesia Ray
Smithers You mean the revolver, sir?
Mr. Burns Precisely. Be sure to wipe your own memory when you're finished.

-OwL-

Jun 15, 2000
Montgomery, AL
www.rymix.net
There are no rapid-fire weapons on CTF-Face. Rapid-fire weapons (or in this case, spray the enemy weapons) on this map are not good because it is too small & more or less level, and there isn't a similar weapon to counter it. You can mow people down when dancing with them at the base level, and on the humps, you can just strafe back and forth killing anything that comes up to you. And good GOD if you got quad. (hey, that rhymed!). At that point, everything is dead in your sights. Might as well add a redeemer back there =)

Dont get me wrong, /me luvs the minigun, but I just dont think it would work on this map. I could be wrong, I'll try it out. What's rooster's server url, or another active server that is playing it?

_-=_OwL_=-_

bullet2.gif

------------------------
"Spilled spot remover on my dog, now he's gone." - Steven Wright
_-=_OwL_=-_ / Trout / Pocket Tsunami
ngUID : 948364
1999 Intergalactic Minesweeper Tournament Champion

Harlock

Married And Always Nagged
Dec 11, 1999
Riverside, CA (USA)
maanclan.com
Thank God. Spawn Snipers are a *****. A menace. Now I know that I capped Dopefish a few times when he spawned... but I did that cuz I was on a roll... and we were just playing around. I actually hunt Spawn Snipers.

bullet2.gif

[Ci]Matsumoto|PuF

"In nómine Patris, et Fílii, et Spíritus Sancti.
Dóminus vobíscum"

Poet*

Jun 22, 2000
canada
Visit site
I agree. No mini for Face. Although i never had a problem with spawn sniping, I think if you HAVE to change anything it should be the location of the spawn points and the locations only. There are v good reasons for not having the spray weapons on this map (flak, mini, etc).

I'll take the dissenting view on this one: I haven't seen a good spawn sniper yet (im sure there area few) but they don't dominate the map, very rarely kill me and are at best a minor nuisance. What aggrivates me more are snipers that track you when you're chasing the flag carrier. :)

The map is fine. Some hate it, most love it. I think people should complain less and not get so frustrated with things that are a) beyond their control b) don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I'd rather play Face the way Innox intended, but that's just me. Moving the spawn points are not going to make that big a diference. SUre it will eliminate spawn sniping but it'll put defenders even further away from their flag (or enemy flag carrier) and make capturing the flag easier than it already is. Face is fine. Lamers are lame and they always will be--changing superficial aspects of a map will never change that. They will be lame in other ways. The sniper is in sight and if you're on the map YOU ARE FAIR GAME. Deal with it. Teleporter camping is a different matter entirely though, but i'll not get into that. The argument is ridiculous as far as i'm concerned. I have spawn sniped. I kill a guy and another appears. I take the shot--like any good team player would. Should I wait until he is armed? 3 seconds? Let him take cover? How about Letting him take the first shot? No. When im on face i routinely check the other tower for snipers and after a few trips I can usually discourage enemy snipers (its not hard, they are always standing still). This is the way to combat it. Teamwork. Hey, thats a novel idea eh? Rooster, my vote is to restore the original Face. Am I the only one?

bullet2.gif

"And oftentimes excusing of a fault
Doth make the fault the worse by the excuse."