AHH - I need to decide on a phone. Help kind sirs and madams.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Ok, my G1 is, uh, needs to be replaced.

I'm a phone call away from ordering the MyTouch 4G today.

Anything extra delicious in the Android world that is coming out before Xmas that I should know about before I toss money into this phone???

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
The Nexus One is very sexy. It's one of the best Android phones on the market in terms of hardware spec, capabilities, price, and the fact that you can buy it fully GSM-unlocked if you wish.

Still... there are plenty of good Android phones to choose from these days. The Droid 2 and Droid X are both very nice and very affordable. The drawback with both of those is Verizon. HTC also has some very nice and very affordable Android phones. The Hero and the Evo both come to mind. The drawback with both of those is Sprint (are you starting to see a pattern here?)

When my contract is up next year I'll probably go with whatever the newest version of the Google Nexus is. The Nexus Two should be out by then. I like the idea that I can buy the phone outright and choose whatever provider I want.

Whatever you do, if you choose to go Android, make sure the phone you're buying supports upgrading to Android 2.2. It's a massive improvement compared to all previous versions, especially 2.1.

Last edited:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Don't get the HTC older Android models. HTC is known to be excessively slow to get updates out. Had to wait about 8 months to get the Android 1.6 update with Sense for my old Magic.

My friend went through the same when the Desire came out and he was stuck on Android 2.0(or whatever it came with) when 2.1 and and again when 2.2 was rolling out.

But given that, the Desire is a lovely phone much like the Nexus and in many ways better(HTC Sense for one).

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Whatever you do, if you choose to go Android, make sure the phone you're buying supports upgrading to Android 2.2. It's a massive improvement compared to all previous versions, especially 2.1.

Care to elaborate on this? I'm a complete noob in these matters.