Is Alien Legion ever gonna be more than vaporware?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Aug 19, 1999
PA, USA
Visit site
Sorry but the development seems like it's been going on forever and nothing actually happens. Seriously, it just seems like a bunch of teens trying to sound important with their game development and are claiming things big developers can't do and borrow ideas from other games and claim them as new and innovative. If they do it good but I think these guys are just d1cking around.

------------------
"During S&M play, be sure to have a "safety word"
to prevent injury, death or allergic reaction."
-PCXL

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Is this gonna run in UT or will it only run it Unreal? I thought I read something about this somewhere.

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

Aug 19, 1999
PA, USA
Visit site
I suspect it'll be nothing more than screenshots so it won't matter what game it uses.

bullet2.gif

-PCXL

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
I think AL is gonna surprise a lot of people. I know some guys that have already played some Alien Legion maps, and they have both said that its pretty cool.

AL will be using the Unreal 224 engine, as that is the only version that the c++ headers are released for, which are needed for c0mp's particle system.

And another thing. Why do people feel the need to bash AL? Maybe its vaporware, and maybe it isn't, but regardless of that, there is no need to make fun of it (or the developers).

But that's just my 25 cents.

bullet2.gif

alien8
PlanetUnreal | ModCentral Unreal

Aug 19, 1999
PA, USA
Visit site
Hey if it's great then find. I'll be glad to
praise it. Until then, all that really comes from that site is a hype. It may sound like I'm bashing it but I'm just pointing out there's not really anything that innovational about it, there's pretty much the same old pics that have been there as long as I remember. There's just more hype than info. It just seems like it's not going to come out, in matter of fact I'd wager they're redesign the site and move to another host before it's released, if it's released. So if it's great that'll be excellent but I just got a feeling it'll amount to nothing and I think other people bash then too because, let's face it, they are open to critisizms like anyone other developer.

bullet2.gif

-PCXL

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
All I have to say is this: People said the exact same things about Unreal when it was in development for what? 4 years? It sure turned out pretty damn good, didn't it!

And for Unreal Tournament? Go to a search engine, and do a search for it. Read up on some of the posts that news sites had to say about it. Pretty funny actually. These same sites are the ones that are praising it like crazy now.

Just goes to show that it doesn't pay to criticize until either:
1) You've got the game in your hands
2) The dev team officially folds on the product.

bullet2.gif

alien8
PlanetUnreal | ModCentral Unreal