Skyline - Movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Reminds me of Independence Day/ V (they pop up at every major city).
But I don't wanna judge it before I've seen it...

Mar 6, 2004
I wonder what happened to that alien movie they were making like 15 years ago....humans have move on from the earth and own everything in the solar system then some alien race comes in and changes things.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Wow, this only confirms my previous thoughts about this movie. Watched the first trailer back in september, had the whole steven hawking intro etc. and the stupid "don't look up" line. Course you mustn't, because if you don't you'll be sucked in by some giant vacuum cleaner from space.

And it just got better.

To satisfy the numbness of the general audience (and probably borderline creativity but cash in the eyes) they come up with giant space monsters. (Do they operate those ships? Are there smaller monsters or so in the fighters? What are the odds! We must be able to identify ourselves with the alien invaders so everything must work the same way! Especially giant vacuum cleaners, with all the stardust laying around...)
Because hey, who doesn't like to see giant space monsters invading ur cities and smashing everything to bits and pieces! Cash register Ka-CHING!!!!

Edit: Didn't even notice those smaller aliens. But whatever...

Oh it just looks incredibly retarded. Ok, the special effects are nifty but I'm tired of movies like this. All CGI, boring story, flat acting and cardboard characters.

I'll gladly skip this crap.

And yeah, it does lend stuff from ID4.

Last edited:

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the merchandise :D

Seriously though, it might be good if it's a total no-let up slammer but realistically no movie does that so it's probably going to suck.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Wow, this only confirms my previous thoughts about this movie. Watched the first trailer back in september, had the whole steven hawking intro etc. and the stupid "don't look up" line. Course you mustn't, because if you don't you'll be sucked in by some giant vacuum cleaner from space.

And it just got better.

To satisfy the numbness of the general audience (and probably borderline creativity but cash in the eyes) they come up with giant space monsters. (Do they operate those ships? Are there smaller monsters or so in the fighters? What are the odds! We must be able to identify ourselves with the alien invaders so everything must work the same way! Especially giant vacuum cleaners, with all the stardust laying around...)
Because hey, who doesn't like to see giant space monsters invading ur cities and smashing everything to bits and pieces! Cash register Ka-CHING!!!!

Edit: Didn't even notice those smaller aliens. But whatever...

Oh it just looks incredibly retarded. Ok, the special effects are nifty but I'm tired of movies like this. All CGI, boring story, flat acting and cardboard characters.

I'll gladly skip this crap.

And yeah, it does lend stuff from ID4.

I think this movie that you don't need to see is upsetting you too much.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
The first time I saw the preview, I said "Holy ****, a Crysis movie." Then I saw the title card and couldn't decide if I should laugh or sigh.

So, yeah. It just seems like a Crysis rip-off to me. Even the invaders look identical to the dormant aliens in Crysis.

I'll wait for the Blu-Ray.

Sportaçus

Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.
Feb 17, 2009
The first time I saw the preview, I said "Holy ****, a Crysis movie." Then I saw the title card and couldn't decide if I should laugh or sigh.

So, yeah. It just seems like a Crysis rip-off to me. Even the invaders look identical to the dormant aliens in Crysis.

I'll wait for the Blu-Ray.

The only person who read my whole post, I wanted opinions about the aliens looking like the ones from Crysis.

I also liked your rant NeoNite, made me chuckle because it's true.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
Is this a joke? If this were a trailer for a game, it would be borderline acceptable. For a movie, it's just atrocious (the CGI I mean, though the acting and story probably aren't much better). Shame, as the basic idea is kinda cool...

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I'm a huge scifi fan. I'll watch a cheesy scifi movie with a budget of less than 1 mill. Of course I'm going to see it!!

Will I see it in the theater or at home via netflix/redbox... remains to be decided. I'll wait for another trailer or I'll just take it on faith like the last Predator movie.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
-_-

skylol.jpg

Last edited: