Crappy band blocks 101 freeway in LA during rush hour to perform.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I don't know if this has already been posted but I don't remember seeing it over the last two weeks. In any case, just as the title implies, on October 12th the band Imperial Stars intentionally blocked the 101 freeway in Los Angeles during rush hour to perform from the top of their van.

Really.

Fortunately, it didn't take the L.A.P.D. and the California State Highway Patrol long to show up and arrest them.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-101-freeway-music-group-blockade,0,3442772.story

Vids of the incident:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sedbvNktQmE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffw3vs03BoQ&feature=related

As if the actual act wasn't insane enough, more lulz ensued when it turned out that one of the people stuck in the traffic jam was city attorney Carmen Trutanich, who also just happens to be the person responsible for filing the charges against the band. Source article here:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2010/10/imperial_stars_carmen_trutanic.php

In addition, I have seen a person going around on the internets (YouTube, iTunes Store) claiming that his friend's mother died in an ambulance that was stuck in the 101 traffic jam due to the band's stunt. This is, of course, unconfirmed in it's truthfulness.

And just in case you really want to commit suicide but need a proper reason, here is the video for the song they were performing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsfeqw8Wzw4&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
The music is a ripoff of a couple styles but other then being horrificly bland it's a average modern pop sound. The lyrics are crap. And the band themselves are worse. It looks like a couple middleage white guys trying to rip off everything they possibly could. Including a insane stunt to garner media attention, like in the movie Airheads.

Is the second guy in that vid really wearing a whig held on with a sweat band?

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Who cares, just go with it. So what if schmoes were an hour late for their schmoe related activities it's not not like they won't be doing the exact same thing every day for the next 50 years.
There's no reason to care about it.

In the pigeon society when pigeons daily routines are effected they don't care, not because they are not intelligent enough to care but because they are so intelligent they don't have to care.
People would have loved this back in the 18th century. DarkEd you are a classic angry person.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
DarkEd you are a classic angry person.

MADXW, you are a classic assumption whore.

I am completely impartial to the event. I do not live in L.A., and as such, I couldn't care less. I was only relaying the information to this forum and watching from the sidelines while I lol.

Next time, try having a clue about what's going on before opening your mouth.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Who cares, just go with it. So what if schmoes were an hour late for their schmoe related activities it's not not like they won't be doing the exact same thing every day for the next 50 years.
There's no reason to care about it.

In the pigeon society when pigeons daily routines are effected they don't care, not because they are not intelligent enough to care but because they are so intelligent they don't have to care.
People would have loved this back in the 18th century. DarkEd you are a classic angry person.

Wat.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
[GU]elmur_fud;2473758 said:
The music is a ripoff of a couple styles but other then being horrificly bland it's a average modern pop sound.
And what the hell is with some of these pop singers claiming to be rock stars?
Hell, the song barely sounds pop-ish. Sounds more like some kind of gimped hiphop

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
And what the hell is with some of these pop singers claiming to be rock stars?
Hell, the song barely sounds pop-ish. Sounds more like some kind of gimped hiphop

Pop is short for popular, musically speaking it isn't a true genre of music as it is an amalgamation of popular trends in actual genre's that are being commercially exploited. So since hip-hop is popular it is being integrated into pop. Pop is easiest to define Lyrically as it is characterized predominantly by love songs were the lyrics aren't very deep or meaningful so the music can be easily marketed to teens.

Basically what gets called pop here half the time, isn't. I.E. Ke$ha, Katy Perry, and 3oh3 aren't pop they are part of a genre called crunk or crunkcore. Or groups like Fall Out Boy and MCR are actually part of a genre called American rock. Which is not to be confused with Rock n Roll.

Basically it's a spectrum that goes from artist to entertainer. With the extreme entertainer end of the spectrum being a bunch of clowns called pop stars.

These guys remind me of those crappy browser games that rip off every bit of there stuff from actual 3d games made by other people.

Their ripping off black eyed peas, Eminem, Limp Biscuit, Kid rock, Nirvana, Ipod commercials, etc. Yet in no place are they doing any of that well. They don't even have the decency to write lyrics that match the Syllabic meter of the music.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
When these folks get out of jail, and do their first concert.
We should block the the stage with cars. So they can't play ;)

Or. Just cut off their dicks.