Borderlands GOTY - will the DLCs be included on the physical discs?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
OK, so here's the deal. I've done some research and it seems that the "bonus map" is actually a foldout map of Pandora, a physical collector's item, not an ingame area, so that leaves Borderlands GOTY as a simple compilation of the main game and the DLCs. So, I do not need to buy that because I already own all that content.

I've heard a rumor that actually Borderlands GOTY is to include just the main game disc and 4 vouchers to allow the DLCs to be downloaded. Is this true?

If so, this is insane.

Still, the game would become really "fat" in terms of disc amounts, probably two or three DVDs if the DLCs were to be included. Knowing their narrow minds, 2K Games is bound to use InstallShield for it and that guarantees pathetic level of compression - HELL, I've used InnoSetup with lzma/ultra (which is a very effective compression algorythm) and I've ended up with 2 single layer DVDs and an 89 MB file that I stashed on a CD. That leaves out DirectX and PhysX redistributables... If I had DVD-DL's at my disposal, I suppose the CD remnant would be somewhat bigger due to the fact that DL is not exactly 2 single-layers...

This game is big. People shouldn't be forced to download the goddamn expansions, not everyone is a proud owner of a goddamn broadband. If I buy a compilation box, I sure as hell expect the expansions to be included in it... With Fallout 3 I got that, so why not with Borderlands? Who was such an idiot to make such a call (provided the rumor is true?).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I think the boxed version of the game includes the first three DLC and a voucher for Claptrap.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Well, in the version distributed by Cenega in Poland where I live, there's just a game and 4 vouchers as I've just learned. Both versions are nonsense IMO... GOTY is GOTY, with addons, not vouchers to get them... I like it less and less the more I see the publishers' actions.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well, in the version distributed by Cenega in Poland where I live, there's just a game and 4 vouchers as I've just learned. Both versions are nonsense IMO... GOTY is GOTY, with addons, not vouchers to get them... I like it less and less the more I see the publishers' actions.

Get used to it. Same thing happened when the God of War 3 collectors edition claimed it had a music cd, it even showed a picture of a disc on the back of the box. Turns out it was a voucher to go download the music :hmm:

Last edited:

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown

That's stupid for players who happen to not get broadband (like my one friend w a 360 and stuck w/ dial up for his old PC). They should at least have a disk for the General Knoxx & Robot Revolution like they did for the other DLC's.

The GOTY edition means nothing to me since I got the game and all the DLC's from Steam..and I can still get the Duke Nukem demo cause I bought it before 10/12 ;)