PDA

View Full Version : Killing Floor players.

JohnDoe641
14th Oct 2010, 11:54 AM
If you play Killing Floor, post in here. :)

haarg
14th Oct 2010, 11:58 AM
o/

hal
14th Oct 2010, 11:59 AM
I've spent over 400 hours of my life killing floors.

Capt.Toilet
14th Oct 2010, 03:23 PM
I don't play it

Al
14th Oct 2010, 03:32 PM
I played like 2 rounds one time.

Kyllian
14th Oct 2010, 05:25 PM
Still like the game, the playerbase is full of douchebags tho

N1ghtmare
15th Oct 2010, 12:15 AM
o hey. Steam is "Pain_N1ghtmare"

Fuzzle
15th Oct 2010, 02:41 AM
I still poke at it on and off, mostly doing demolition (starting out as marksman, then to medic to pick up cheap armor, then demo once I can afford a launcher). SteamID is Faur I think. Being in yurop I'd probably get pretty lame lags to you guys.

Capt.Toilet
15th Oct 2010, 10:32 AM
Finally got Demo guy to level 4. God I hate that class so much. Just need to get that and firebug to level 5 and I will be done. May attempt level 6 for firebug, but demolitions that is asking too much.

Kyllian
15th Oct 2010, 12:44 PM
Demo is easy to level, just throw pipebombs everywhere in chains and chokepoints

Fuzzle
15th Oct 2010, 03:14 PM
I find demo the most fun, so it's pretty irrelevant how much "work" it is to level it up. It's immensely satisfying to get a launcher and clear out entire hallways in a couple of shots.

It's a lot more fun if I'm with a bad team since we get overrun more and there's more dudes to shoot. If I'm with a really pro team I pretty much just sit there wondering if it's worth wasting a nade on 2 crawlers or something.

Capt.Toilet
15th Oct 2010, 04:14 PM
Ok I will admit Demo is fun if you are playing in a group. If you are solo'ing, it can be pretty cumbersome. Yes I have used pipe bombs at choke points, but you can't stray too far or the specimans will spawn else where. I have gone one room over and seen specimans spawn past the pipebomb, and that does not spell good times for my health.

JohnDoe641
18th Oct 2010, 12:42 AM
Support Man is taking forever to level up, ffs man three hours and 1000+ kills later and I go from 1.7m to 2m. It's going to take me more than a month to get this stupid thing to Level 5.

Kyllian
18th Oct 2010, 01:41 AM
If the Doom maps are still whitelisted, look for those, they're great for grinding

N1ghtmare
18th Oct 2010, 11:26 AM
Support Man is taking forever to level up, ffs man three hours and 1000+ kills later and I go from 1.7m to 2m. It's going to take me more than a month to get this stupid thing to Level 5.

1000 kills for 300,000 damage is actually not too bad. I think the requirements for support and commando are steeper than others...

Capt.Toilet
18th Oct 2010, 11:53 AM
Here is a question for you firebug users. Trying to figure out the best way to maximize my damage points and hopefully level up faster. Do you get the same amount of damage points letting a speciman burn out vs pouring fire on them till they drop? Also if they turn crispy, does that mean you got the damage for that kill or do you have to continue lighting them up?

N1ghtmare
18th Oct 2010, 07:00 PM
Dunno, but letting them burn sure saves ammo. Although with the Mac-10 having ammo is not so much of a concern anymore.

Kyllian
18th Oct 2010, 08:31 PM
Finally hopped into a game after so many months
Shotgun feels funny after playing BC2 so much and that Mac10 is interesting

Capt.Toilet
19th Oct 2010, 10:02 AM
Well I think I answered my own question. Played for about 4 hours last night. Went from 1.8 to 2.7 mil damage by constantly burning instead of letting them burn out. I was happy :D

JohnDoe641
24th Oct 2010, 08:41 PM
I made it a couple of days ago but SUPPORTER MAN LEVEL 5!

Oh yeah, shottie spam time. :)

JohnDoe641
29th Oct 2010, 04:38 AM
Supporter Man Level 6. :)

Now, to figure out who I should level up next. I've got a Sniper Guy, Knife Guy, Medic Man and now Supporter Man at level 6. My Explosions Guy is level 4, my Commander Man is level 3 and forget Fire Guy, I'll never use that Guy.

Trynant
4th Feb 2011, 12:43 PM
Bump.

Do people still play this (last I checked the answer was yes)?

If I wanted to start playing, would I need to level up before I can play with you all? If so, does that mean I have to deal with **** pubs?

Wail of Suicide
4th Feb 2011, 04:00 PM
TBH not worth playing anymore since the latest balance patch kind of screwed up the game balance and made it so running around solo with a fire axe is more effective than trying to use teamwork / cooperation (in most cases).

hal
4th Feb 2011, 05:03 PM
Yes, loads of people play it. You definitely need to get to level 2 or 3 to really be able to hang in there (or not get auto-kicked) at Suicidal/HOE levels.

The last patch just raised the difficulty bar for Suicidal/HOE. Before the patch there was little need for anything other than a Sharpshooter. The Berserker is a very effective class now (honestly, maybe a little too effective), but shotties still rule the day for mass killin's. ;)

Capt.Toilet
4th Feb 2011, 05:03 PM
Bump.

Do people still play this (last I checked the answer was yes)?

If I wanted to start playing, would I need to level up before I can play with you all? If so, does that mean I have to deal with **** pubs?

Yes we do still play and yes you would need to level up to at least 5 as we pretty much play Suicidal/ Hell on Earth now.

TBH not worth playing anymore since the latest balance patch kind of screwed up the game balance and made it so running around solo with a fire axe is more effective than trying to use teamwork / cooperation (in most cases).

Uhh you sure about that? The patch made it so only beserker would be able to stun higher class specimans with melee. Teamwork is still very much important, especially on higher settings.

Wail of Suicide
5th Feb 2011, 05:55 AM
Yes, loads of people play it. You definitely need to get to level 2 or 3 to really be able to hang in there (or not get auto-kicked) at Suicidal/HOE levels.

Level 2 or 3 on Suicidal / HOE? Hopefully not, that's a big liability.

Yes we do still play and yes you would need to level up to at least 5 as we pretty much play Suicidal/ Hell on Earth now.

Uhh you sure about that? The patch made it so only beserker would be able to stun higher class specimans with melee. Teamwork is still very much important, especially on higher settings.

I see teams of 5-6 Berserkers (maybe 1 Medic) running around on HoE difficulties and succeeding. Personally, I don't enjoy playing the Berserker, and I don't find KF very enjoyable when you play it solo or virtually solo.

hal
5th Feb 2011, 10:44 AM
Level 2 or 3 on Suicidal / HOE? Hopefully not, that's a big liability.

Generally, yes. But with a good team and a good plan it's completely possible. For example, we beat Departure on HOE yesterday. All players were level 6 except Agent 5 who was, I think, a level 3 Medic.

I see teams of 5-6 Berserkers (maybe 1 Medic) running around on HoE difficulties and succeeding. Personally, I don't enjoy playing the Berserker, and I don't find KF very enjoyable when you play it solo or virtually solo.

Berserker is one of the easiest perks to use to solo with at higher levels. But it doesn't mean you have to play that way. I actually find solo Suicidal to be challenging and fairly fun.

Trynant
5th Feb 2011, 01:14 PM
How long does it take to grind to a level where I can viably play on Suicidal/HOE? Is it worth it for someone who doesn't like dealing with stupid people in games?

hal
5th Feb 2011, 02:42 PM
How long does it take to grind to a level where I can viably play on Suicidal/HOE? Is it worth it for someone who doesn't like dealing with stupid people in games?

It depends on what you want to do. A Sharpshooter takes a lot less time to level up than a Commando. I gave an example of A5 having a lower level perk on a team that successfully completed a HOE level, but honestly, you should be at least 4 for Suicidal and 5 or 6 for HOE (some servers demand you're 6). The reason is that perk levels not only give you bonuses you need to help contribute to the team, but also a better starting weapon because there's not a lot of dosh to go around in HOE.

I personally didn't really "grind" anything. I enjoyed playing at Normal, then Hard, then Suicidal/HOE and wasn't all that annoyed by pubbers most of the time. You may feel differently.

JohnDoe641
5th Feb 2011, 02:54 PM
Grinding to get the perks won't help if you're not really versed in the game. All the level 6 perks in the world can't save someone who doesn't know exactly what to do in each situation.

Wail of Suicide
5th Feb 2011, 06:31 PM
Medic and Sharpshooter are the easiest to level up. Though with Medic you'll want to have at least one friend in the game.
Up until Suicidal / HoE difficulties, the crossbow weapon is still worth using, even for a Medic, so I highly recommend playing Medic, purchasing a Crossbow, then hang back and heal people with your MP7 and shoot Scrakes and FPs with the crossbow. Avoid using the MP7 as a weapon as it's literally the weakest weapon in the game, especially until you hit rank 5 & 6 Medic as the clip size is horrendous.
While you're playing Medic it's also pretty easy to rack up some damage and Stalker kills with the Bullpup (for your Commando perk).

Demolitions used to be easy to rank up when you could go on Fleshpound-only servers, but it's probably rather difficult now. All the other perks are extremely grindy and annoying. At least with Support you can get a friend and weld a door easily and rack up all the weld points you need, but the shotgun damage is still going to take awhile.

Big-Al
13th Apr 2011, 10:11 AM
posting here.

akstylish
13th Apr 2011, 12:39 PM
Portal 2 map+GLaDOS trader ftw.

Kyllian
13th Apr 2011, 03:59 PM
Saw that there was a map addition titled "Aperture" and figured it was Portal 2 based