UT2k4 won't launch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KingJulian

Sep 11, 2010
Hello all, I've been playing UT2004 for a while now, until 5 months ago when I updated my iMac.
Currently I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I have no clue what those things mean :rolleyes:
So anyways, Ut2k4 used to run on something called QuickDraw, which has deprecated.

Here's what I copied from Terminal:
Last login: Sun Feb 14 12:02:37 on console
/Users/Julian/Desktop/Games/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004\ MAC-/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004.app/System/ut2004-bin ; exit;
imac-van-julian-******:~ Julian$ /Users/Julian/Desktop/Games/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004\ MAC-/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004.app/System/ut2004-bin ; exit;
2010-05-22 18:54:27.841 ut2004-bin[196:10b] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file

History:

Exiting due to error
logout

[Proces voltooid]

(Proces voltooid = Process Finished)

Apparently Apple stopped using NSQuickDrawView, and moved on to Quartz, but ut2004 won't launch on that.
I've been searching on Google for months now without result, and I thought the makers (I doubt if they're even going to read this) could help.
So I was wondering if there is a way I could play ut2004 once again, or is there going to be a patch of some kind.

I really miss playing the game.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
I can't answer the specifics of the OSX issue but I can offer an alternative suggestion. Could you get the game going by running it in a virtual machine using the old versions of the operating system?

I'm sure there are MAC-specific virtualisation products (I know that VMware do one) but failing that, Virtual Box (http://www.virtualbox.org/) is available for the MAC.